Avantae Williams - charges dropped and dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im Out GIF

Advertisement
Ok fair. Charges were dropped. Which means there wasn’t sufficient evidence to charge him. Where were all these people saying ole girl had bruises and marks and all this stuff? If the police had that they would have had a solid case I’m guessing. (Again ..Rihanna vs Chris brown case)

There wasn't a trial. Miami declined to file charges against him.

To clarify since a lot of you are confused, here is what happened

Tae wasn't found "Not guilty" The Miami dade SAO filed what's called a "No Action". When a case is no actioned it means miami is declining to file charges against the defendant. It can happen for many reasons.

In Domestic violence cases it's usually because they victim signed what's called a "waiver of prosecution" and there are no independent witnesses who can come forward that would help the state prove the case.

I spent 5 years as a prosecutor for the Broward County SAO, the last 6 months of which I was a domestic violence prosecutor. I have now been doing criminal defense for the past 6 years in sofla.

Advertisement
To clarify since a lot of you are confused, here is what happened

Tae wasn't found "Not guilty" The Miami dade SAO filed what's called a "No Action". When a case is no actioned it means miami is declining to file charges against the defendant. It can happen for many reasons.

In Domestic violence cases it's usually because they victim signed what's called a "waiver of prosecution" and there are no independent witnesses who can come forward that would help the state prove the case.

I spent 5 years as a prosecutor for the Broward County SAO, the last 6 months of which I was a domestic violence prosecutor. I have now been doing criminal defense for the past 6 years in sofla.
Thank you.

Baby mama
TAE is innocent... Yall are tripping..... just something for you ALL to think about.. if a pregnant woman comes and attacks her husband or boyfriend and falls and gets bruised ETC OR husband trying to restrain her and calm her down if she is attacking him, what would you expect any man to do?... and she calls the cops and if there was a witness or what ever the woman says,,, the cops are going to write up whatever..... Ya'll really dont know anything -- crazy to read some of these responses but once gain just proves ya'll really have no idea

Tae is a cane AND Manny needs to bring him back

Wait a second here. Refresh my memory. Are you not the guy saying that he did it. Weren’t you the guy that brought the “story” or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Advertisement
Miami doesn't post it online, you have to email and request it. Miami Dade is one of the few clerk of courts in the state that doesn't have online viewing for the majority of documents. As a criminal defense practitioner its extremely aggravating.
Very annoying especially since Miami civil cases you can view all pleadings. Criminal is clearly the ugly step child.

What likely happened here is Manny saw the pictures and information about what the victims injuries were.

Later, the victim refused to cooperate or declined to pursue charges. When it comes to DV cases, prosecutors usually defer to victims.

All of my Google Esquires stating the charges were dropped so he should be reinstated should have that same energy if pictures or the 911 call are ever leaked.

Ok fair. Charges were dropped. Which means there wasn’t sufficient evidence to charge him. Where were all these people saying ole girl had bruises and marks and all this stuff? If the police had that they would have had a solid case I’m guessing. (Again ..Rihanna vs Chris brown case)

As has been pointed out, charges were not even filed yet.

The only prior court appearance was simply a BOND HEARING. Because, you know, he had been arrested. Charges are filed by the prosecutor, not the police. That's why you always hear the police lingo of "arrested for SUSPICION OF [insert crime here]."

It really isn't a good idea to base your opinion of court proceedings on a couple of famous people. I'm not personally criticizing you, I'm just saying that a lot of people who have not gone to law school have a mistaken view of how these things work, usually because of one high-profile case that they read about.

As has been pointed out, charges were not even filed yet.

The only prior court appearance was simply a BOND HEARING. Because, you know, he had been arrested. Charges are filed by the prosecutor, not the police. That's why you always hear the police lingo of "arrested for SUSPICION OF [insert crime here]."

It really isn't a good idea to base your opinion of court proceedings on a couple of famous people. I'm not personally criticizing you, I'm just saying that a lot of people who have not gone to law school have a mistaken view of how these things work, usually because of one high-profile case that they read about.
your analysis is also incorrect because the state has filed a no action and the case is now officially closed. You can see my explanation a few posts up

Advertisement
Very annoying especially since Miami civil cases you can view all pleadings. Criminal is clearly the ugly step child.

What likely happened here is Manny saw the pictures and information about what the victims injuries were.

Later, the victim refused to cooperate or declined to pursue charges. When it comes to DV cases, prosecutors usually defer to victims.

All of my Google Esquires stating the charges were dropped so he should be reinstated should have that same energy if pictures or the 911 call are ever leaked.
It's brutal, every other jurisdiction i can pull everything online, even in the small Podunk counties in the state let you do it, but not miami.

TAE is innocent... Yall are tripping..... just something for you ALL to think about.. if a pregnant woman comes and attacks her husband or boyfriend and falls and gets bruised ETC OR husband trying to restrain her and calm her down if she is attacking him, what would you expect any man to do?... and she calls the cops and if there was a witness or what ever the woman says,,, the cops are going to write up whatever..... Ya'll really dont know anything -- crazy to read some of these responses but once gain just proves ya'll really have no idea

Tae is a cane AND Manny needs to bring him back
You don’t know either. From what I know from someone here who does know, the woman’s injuries were not from being restrained but go on and blame the victim.

Uhhh...I didn't? Did you respond to the wrong post? I'm being very patient here with people who know nothing about the law.
I know you didn’t. I’m saying it pre-emptively because i don’t see you having the patience for what’s being said and I already lost one poster I didn’t want to see go.

Advertisement
When he was initially kicked off the team did Manny address the situation at all? I’m asking because I honestly can’t recall.
no
Baby mama

Wait a second here. Refresh my memory. Are you not the guy saying that he did it. Weren’t you the guy that brought the “story” or am I mixing you up with someone else?
Mixing me up w some 1 else

You don’t know either. From m what I know from someone here who does know, the woman’s injuries were not from being restrained but go on and blame the victim.
Not blaming anybody - just know stories of how some of these cases go down

your analysis is also incorrect because the state has filed a no action and the case is now officially closed. You can see my explanation a few posts up

No, my analysis is absolutely correct. Did you misread what I wrote?

People are (mistakenly) thinking that Avantae's PRIOR COURT APPEARANCE (of which video was linked in another thread) was some sort of "charging" or "pleading" or "trial proceeding". But it was not. It was a bond hearing.

Again, I correctly pointed out that charges HAD NOT been filed at the time of the videotaped bond hearing.

While I'm not arguing with YOUR post, please feel free to tell me how my "analysis" is incorrect.

I know **** well what a "no action" filing is. ****, I was nolle prossed on "disturbing the peace" and "resisting arrest" charges at the UM-LSU game in 1988, a few years before I went to law school.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back