Avantae Williams - charges dropped and dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
People just need to stop making assumptions based simply on the black and white of legal outcomes.

The coaching staff knows more than you about what happened, and the people here who are actually in the know have provided their 2 cents for you.

You’re automatically innocent=not guilty. Until proven otherwise.
Innocent until proven guilty does not mean someone didn’t commit the crime. It simply goes to a threshold of “beyond a reasonable doubt” to convict in a criminal proceeding like the threshold in a civil proceeding is “by a preponderance of the evidence”. Someone help me - I haven’t practiced law since the 90’s. Lol

Advertisement
For the record, there are no "court documents" that show he was "not guilty." That was merely his plea. The court records only show the charges were dropped and the case dismissed (most likely because the victim refused to cooperate with the prosecution once she realized her unborn baby's father would have a much easier time providing for her child with a college degree and/or football career). The only way you get a "not guilty" determination is with a trial, and there was no trial here.
Can't the state prosecute anyway? Would dismissing the case be an admission that wasn't enough evidence to proceed with prosecution without the original accuser's testimony?

People just need to stop making assumptions based simply on the black and white of legal outcomes.

The coaching staff knows more than you about what happened, and the people here who are actually in the know have provided their 2 cents for you.
It is astounding that people will point to how flawed the legal system is but use it as the be all end all when the result works the way they want. People think that the guys inside the program don’t know what happened? And in program with 90 plus players including walkons have we seen anyone pop off with a #freeavantae or something similar?

Take your cue from the guys we respect for their inside information. They are all but naming him as the person who beat a pregnant girl up. Whether he does time for it is a different matter.
Rihanna not testifying against Chris brown didn’t help him. If the girl was visibly beaten then they don’t need her to indict in many cases. The evidence would be clear. That’s my only point. They had pictures of Rihanna to show what CB did. I’m sure they would have pics of Taes girl to push the case forward?

Can't the state prosecute anyway? Would dismissing the case be an admission that wasn't enough evidence to proceed with prosecution without the original accuser's testimony?
They can, yes. But it is very rare in a DV situation, unfortunately. This happens all the time.

Very hard to win a "he-said, she-said" situation when she isn't saying ****. Especially beyond all reasonable doubt.

Advertisement
In the original thread someone said, “You can tell the posters who don’t have daughters”...

Well, in this thread your gonna see the posters who don’t have sons show there face.
I have both - so I try to not jump to final conclusions either way. But the original 'reports' - for what they're worth - didn't paint a good picture for Avantae.

Advertisement
Innocent until proven guilty does not mean someone didn’t commit the crime. It simply goes to a threshold of “beyond a reasonable doubt” to convict in a criminal proceeding like the threshold in a civil proceeding is “by a preponderance of the evidence”. Someone help me - I haven’t practiced law since the 90’s. Lol

Of course it doesn’t mean someone didn’t commit the crime. But that’s irrelevant. I thought we were having a technical argument. Folks said he was not proven to be not guilty. I’m simply saying he doesn’t have to be. His innocence is already understood UNTIL he is proven guilty. Well, that hasn’t and won’t happen here. It’s not even going to a trial.

But the situations were completely different. Jeff was dismissed for on the field problems. Nothing with the Police. They shouldn’t be compared is all I’m saying
He didn't reference the situation in his question only has a player been dismissed and then welcomed back and the answer is yes Jeff Thomas.

Advertisement
All well and good, now help is needed for him to recover from the illegitimate parents whose the root cause .

Never had tough love he needed in his formation, now others helping him will have to be his parents he never had .

Anyone can stick it in fill the tank in a testosterone moment then ignore there own children.

there’s only illegitimate parents never illegitimate babies.

This is a glaring very sad example and it’s constantly repeated .

This just my own opinion

I wonder how many cases you lost ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back