Austin Roberts and Travis Rudolph updates

Travis Rudolph doesn't seem to be headed here. Got some inside info and heard right now its between Alabama, Florida and North Carolina with the canes on the outside looking in.

Advertisement
Travis Rudolph doesn't seem to be headed here. Got some inside info and heard right now its between Alabama, Florida and North Carolina with the canes on the outside looking in.

I love Rudolph. I would probably take him over Lane to be honest but I gave up on him a long time ago. He bailed for a reason, and the odds are not in our favor there, unfortunately.

Roberts committed to UCLA

http://ucla.247sports.com/Article/Four-Star-WR-Austin-Roberts-Commits-To-UCLA-139459

Roberts has never been to the UCLA campus but plans to check it out in two weeks.

“My dad has been there multiple times on different scouting trips,” he said. “My mom, pretty much everyone in my family on the West Coast has been there and told me it’s awesome. I can’t wait to go check it out.”

Somehow, I have the feeling we were not pushing real hard for him. If he was so concerned that he committed without seeing a school, I think he was getting into panic mode. He was probably worried that if he waited until he made a trip to the west coast, his spot might have been taken. I think he jumped on it, gambling that he would really like it when he saw it. He was probably not that much of a coveted prospect that he could tell any school to wait and they would. Obviously, he's a very good prospect, but not the kind--like an Ermon Lane--where he could tell any school to hold his spot until he was ready.

I think are right it just come down to location. He wanted to be on the west coast and didn't believe Kiffin will have a job in a year so he chose UCLA. UCLA only had one maybe two WR's spots left so he had to take it while it was on the table

I love Rudolph. I would probably take him over Lane to be honest but I gave up on him a long time ago. He bailed for a reason, and the odds are not in our favor there, unfortunately.
I agree even with his dad firmly in the U corner the kid decommited for a reason. He can say everything is patched up but if he really doesnt trust the coaches that cant really be gained back. He is always going to have in the back of his mind that they want him at CB.

Advertisement
Back