Aunt Becky is the bagman?

Let's be honest, money and connections are better determining factors than anything. Rich people cheating and circumventing the rules are an American norm. Does anyone here believe that Bush or Trump had the grades and test scores to get into Yale and Penn? This won't change a thing, but the athletic scholarship thing is a bit weird.

Yeah, I think it's prob a bit different, too, when the parents cut a 500k check that goes into the school's fund for a building on campus (likely what the Bush's and other "elites' have done), versus cutting a check directly to a shady admissions dude or AD so that your kid can get admitted as a track athlete despite having never run track.

The former seems like a slightly more honorable form of quid-pro-quo, in that at least the school gets a new building out of the deal, which benefits all (or at least many) students.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So let my understand, down in the south, schools pay black kids hundreds of thousands of dollars to come to their school. Meanwhile on the elite coasts, rich elite parents pay millions of dollars to steal scholarships from same black kids. Man, this is just ***@@@ up.

Has nothing to do with scholarships. The dude that said that earlier is misinformed. Athletes, as we all know, CAN get preferential admission to schools. In other words, if Kid A has a GPA, SAT, etc that would ordinarily have them on the borderline of being accepted, and then Coach X puts in a good word with the admissions office, that kid is in. Doesn't help if you are no where close to admittable, but if it's close, that extra-curricular or sport can get you over the top. That does NOT mean these kids were getting scholarships, they were just getting admitted to the school under the guise that they would play that sport (and taking someone else's spot).

And yes, rich entitled people will absolutely pay that much and far, far more to give their kids a leg up in life.

Anyone who buys that **** about life being fair or just and education, health care, cell phones and cable bills, or anything else, being a "right", welp, good luck to ya. That's just another way they convince the sheep that "they" are looking out for you.

Read the article. One family paid $500K for the kids to attend USC and be admitted as athletes receiving scholarships for Crew, despite neither of them participating in the sport in high school. $500K for USC? Seems a bit steep.

Where was the article or indictment that said that families were paying for their kids to get scholarships? I don't believe that to be accurate, but would like to correct my understanding if I am wrong. TIA

Where was the article or indictment that said that families were paying for their kids to get scholarships? I don't believe that to be accurate, but would like to correct my understanding if I am wrong. TIA

It was in another article I read in addition to this one.

Advertisement
And to think that poor (and slightly stoopid) Jared Kushner could only get into Rutgers.

These morons (sans Aunt Becky as she has stood the aesthetic test of time) should do more time than Paulie Walnuts Manafort just as a penalty for not paying your kid's way to an acceptance letter the ol' fashioned way.

I hear Donna actually has a tattoo on her *** that says "Paid For By Chi-Com & Saudi $$$".

Advertisement
Let's be honest, money and connections are better determining factors than anything. Rich people cheating and circumventing the rules are an American norm. Does anyone here believe that Bush or Trump had the grades and test scores to get into Yale and Penn? This won't change a thing, but the athletic scholarship thing is a bit weird.
You mean it is a societal norm, not just an American norm. Since the beginning of time, throughout all of history, no matter what society, no matter what country or civilization, this has always been the case.

Read the article. One family paid $500K for the kids to attend USC and be admitted as athletes receiving scholarships for Crew, despite neither of them participating in the sport in high school. $500K for USC? Seems a bit steep.
Couldn't happen to a better bunch of people.

Advertisement
Who would had thought? Look for Melissa Joan Hart to go down next. She's a big Alabama fan.

These people spent $100k to several million to get their kids into college, and people at the schools were willing to take the bribes. Also, they were able to bribe people at the testing services to let their kids cheat.

I see absolutely no reason not to believe that people like this, that have that much money to drop on college "consultants", might also have that much money to spend to help a college football team win. And the motivation as well.

If money can influence a situation, it's only a matter of time until somebody uses money to influence it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
His daddy called in a favor there. Trump probably didn't even have the grades to get into Fordham as evidenced by the mad scramble to hide his high school transcripts and SAT scores.
When was the last time a politician didn't hide their transcripts?

When was the last time attending an Ivy wasn't a requirement for president?

People say they aren't elitists, but they won't vote for someone without a pedigree.

This is a HUGE story unlike the bogus FBI college Basketball scandal that screwed us big time.

Advertisement
Back