Audio: Local coach says dominoes about to fall for 2018

g7IsB.gif

Advertisement
Had me until that soft talk of being "SEC and LSU like "
Grotesque to hear local guys so brainwashed on that sec booty juice when UM started all the speed and savagery.

Wasn't he being specific to comparing having a backfield with Patrick Peterson and the Honey Badger in it?
Yeah because UM didn't have Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Phil Buchanon, Antrel Rolle, and Mike Rumph all on the same DB roster at one point.

That's true, but I'm sure these kids grew up idolizing players that they actually witnessed play...

Is the coach named Jose that Pete interviewed "a kid" who didn't see Ed, Sean, Phil, Antrel and Mike?

Advertisement
Please summarize what they talked about. I am deaf in real life. Many thanks in advance.

The coach Pete talked to coaches Jobe, Frierson, and Ivey on 7 on 7 team. When Pete asked him what he thiught about the class he said there were going to be a couple more big time commitments within a month.

Coach is super high on Mark Pope, said he is the next Santana Moss, he likes Elijah Moore.

Says Wiggins body type is Andre Johnsonesque

Coach says the "dominoes are falling" for Miami

We are in a very good position with our top target DBs, a lot can play safety and CB

One word to describe DJ Ivey - Smooth, he mirrors guys, long, breaks on the ball, hasn't seen a pass competed on him on the 7 on 7 circuit in a couple years

They view Frierson as a CB

Trajan Bandy like Tyron Matthieu

Keep an eye on Gurvan Hall for a spring commitment - dominoes falling comment again

They both love Jobe

Tyson Campbell might be #1 on the board, top prospect

Miami events are starting to have a ton of talent at them, better than Floridas current camps

Continuing to refine Paradise camp

Hope this helps fam

Love what he said about Elijah Moore. To those that keep on sleeping on the kid, better wake the **** up.

A WR class of Pope, Williams, Moore and Shwartz would be NASTY!

Copeland and Hightower are also high on my list, but if we get the above mentioned, then it'll be one **** of a job by the staff.

Advertisement
Love what he said about Elijah Moore. To those that keep on sleeping on the kid, better wake the **** up.

Copeland and Hightower are also high on my list, but if we get the above mentioned, then it'll be one **** of a job by the staff.

You're missing WIGGINS

You're missing WIGGINS

My bad. Thanks!

Advertisement
Nice to know my sentiments of Tyson Campbell being the best DB prospect at American Heritage the last two years... Is a shared thought among the important decision makers. His length and speed are great, I honestly think he could be a great corner. Surtain is no slouch, I've just always been very high on Tyson for a while now.

What Pete heard about Gurvan and the spring jibes with what I have heard as well. Gurvan closing speed is insane.

I still do think Frierson ends up at FS but still very talented regardless.

Ivey has always been underrated. He will definitely blow up in the camp circuit. Irony about that, I was on the phone with Henderson the day Ivey got his offer. The staff LOVES Ivey.

What Duasso said about Jobe is true. No bluffing. He's always been dominant. Has good bloodlines too, brother plays for the Raiders.

Blades is coming obviously. I still think he needs quite a bit more coaching, relies on his natural athleticism a bit too much, but he has tools to be very good. He tests very well.

I do like Randy Russell aggression but I think a pure numbers game is what would keep him out or even away. Can't take everyone. So many talented guys like Randy, CJ Smith, Nadab, Watt, Troutman, Divaad etc. this cycle. That's how loaded this class is. Same can be said at WR, these are just locals.

One guy who wasn't mentioned. I've always brought it up. Asante Samuel Jr. natural instincts at corner are top notch. He may be on the smaller side but his cover skills are a beauty. I would be lying if I said I wasn't upset that the staff wasn't high on him at first. I'm glad they are turning the heat up on him now. We have a very good chance of luring him in.

Advertisement
Nice to know my sentiments of Tyson Campbell being the best DB prospect at American Heritage the last two years... Is a shared thought among the important decision makers. His length and speed are great, I honestly think he could be a great corner. Surtain is no slouch, I've just always been very high on Tyson for a while now.

What Pete heard about Gurvan and the spring jibes with what I have heard as well. Gurvan closing speed is insane.

I still do think Frierson ends up at FS but still very talented regardless.

Ivey has always been underrated. He will definitely blow up in the camp circuit. Irony about that, I was on the phone with Henderson the day Ivey got his offer. The staff LOVES Ivey.

What Duasso said about Jobe is true. No bluffing. He's always been dominant. Has good bloodlines too, brother plays for the Raiders.

Blades is coming obviously. I still think he needs quite a bit more coaching, relies on his natural athleticism a bit too much, but he has tools to be very good. He tests very well.

I do like Randy Russell aggression but I think a pure numbers game is what would keep him out or even away. Can't take everyone. So many talented guys like Randy, CJ Smith, Nadab, Watt, Troutman, Divaad etc. this cycle. That's how loaded this class is. Same can be said at WR, these are just locals.

One guy who wasn't mentioned. I've always brought it up. Asante Samuel Jr. natural instincts at corner are top notch. He may be on the smaller side but his cover skills are a beauty. I would be lying if I said I wasn't upset that the staff wasn't high on him at first. I'm glad they are turning the heat up on him now. We have a very good chance of luring him in.

Thanks Geo, hope you are feeling better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the topic of the WRs.

Mark Pope has continuously proven himself over and over again. Little known fact, Mark was playing OL at one point in lil league a few years ago. Great win for the Ridge too keeping him away from Booker T. He stepped up to the plate even more when he reclassified from 2019 to 2018. He's special. Very special talent. The sense of a game breaker like Santana is very true. He makes it happen. I was disappointed early in the season with southridge struggles on offense last year, but as season progressed. Mark just took over, whether it was special teams or on offense. He became an absolute animal in the games that mattered the most. Have guys like him, Copeland and Xavier in the intermediate sized WRs in the state discussion.

Elijah got lost a little bit in the shuffle due to STA logjam last year(this happens a lot, STA prefers to seniority a lot as well so that hurt his touches even more) but made the most of his touches. He is going to have a huge year coming up, being the focal point of an offense again, similar to his days at Western. If you want to get a full grasp of how talented he is, you have to watch him in 7on7 or look at his tape from his sophomore year at Western. Not to put down STA but sometimes I do get dumbfounded when kids transfer there(especially skill position), George & Roger prefer to seniority regardless if your more talented than the guy in front of you. Only so many touches all the kids can get too.

Xavier, have known him for years now. I still don't expect the Alabama commitment to last and that was my first thought when he committed there. Little known fact, Xavier can actually be a really good DB too. He's very very smooth with the ball in his hands. Very good speed and agile.

Austin, physical specimen. I do want him to transfer to a school with more competition but I've seen him go up against some of the best.... and he shows up. Great speed for a kid his size.

Wiggins got caught up in that same logjam situation at Ridge last year similar to Elijah at STA. The first time I caught whiff of him was at Killian during Jaquan senior year. Great body control, length and size. He will get the proper touches he needs this year.

Some other names

Thompson, despite the recent trend in Miamis favor and his one time commit and recent rumblings. I have been told and heard in the past he would be FSUs to lose. Obviously things change but that's what was pushed in the household too. While I think Kevin Austin is the best big bodied WR locally in 2018 within the state right now, I think Thompson has the most potential of any big bodied WRs in the state down the line.

Copeland. Everything I have got back so far even before Brooklyn mentioned anything. I have not got the vibe he is serious about Miami at all. He is a physical freak regardless of how raw as a receiver he is right now. I think he will end up at Clemson or UF. Pending how much UF offense can improve.... If it does at all lol

Watkins. Uber athletic, has speed. Have been told he's not so serious about Miami and have heard some character concerns. While very athletic and talented, I view Elijah as a much more polished receiver at this stage though when comparing the smaller slot types like Watkins, Elijah, Schwartz and Finnie. Watkins is raw but still very talented regardless. Noles getting a good one. He could be a good RB on the next level as well.

Schwartz, love love love his speed. Have known about him for some time. Was surprised Miami offered but he is one I would definitely monitor. I'd take him even as an athlete and figure it out. If he has the will and the drive and gets the right proper coaching. Could be an absolute nightmare. Can't teach what he has, true elite speed.

Jatavious from GA, I love how tall and fast he is. Uber athletic and I have talked to his coach. We are in a good position but I do have a concern if staff would prefer the locals first considering how loaded this class is.

Watt, I've always felt he's a good receiver but he would be such a great safety if he focused there. I would take him as a safety personally. Always felt that way about him. Grades have been a concern from what I heard in past.

Gammage, I like his size and even the straight line speed for his size but I have heard concerns of grades.

Finnie, so smooth, so underrated.

Keep an eye on Akeem Hayes from south broward as well as miles jones from American heritage.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back