Aubrey Hill Out!!!!

Advertisement
Shannon just got a job.

we skate

Sorry but I don't see how this changes anything. No one knows when the sanctions are coming out and what they will be or what the NCAA even has on everyone. Shannon could easily resign in the next week.

Shannon just got a job.

we skate

Sorry but I don't see how this changes anything. No one knows when the sanctions are coming out and what they will be or what the NCAA even has on everyone. Shannon could easily resign in the next week.

while that is possible, I think it is unlikely. he has been interviewed by the NCAA. presidents and athletic directors at would be employer institutions have access to a lot more info than the public. the timing of his hiring suggests to me that he is in the clear

Advertisement
Shannon just got a job.

we skate

Miami investigated Shapiro and found nothing to make them think he was a bad person. Randy told the players to stay away from Shapiro on a hunch because Randy had some street smarts in him. Shapiro was a professional con-man who conned a billion dollars out of people with money. Shapiro has said he has an axe to grind. Miami self reported and has been cooperative. "“The reality is that Miami, the university, has been incredibly cooperative,” Emmert said. “[Miami] President Shalala is doing an incredible job of interacting with us. Donna is doing a great job. She is being very, very helpful.”. The University of Miami paid all funds donated to them from Shapiro back. 11 current players were investigated and 8 were suspended. The worst penalty was O. Vernon for 6 games and it was over $1500 or so correct? UNC had players who were kicked out of college for their infractions to give you an idea of the difference.

When that many players are investigated and nobody is kicked out of NCAA football that gives you a gauge in severity of what to expect IMO. It's sounding like the Shapiro story is 10% truth and 90% complete fabrication from a pathological lying con-man felon. Yeah he probably weaseled his way into having access when he could get it but for the most he was good at what he does.

No way the NCAA drops the hammer when Miami has cooperated fully or no program will trust them on their campus ever again. Miami has taken a proactive approach and will be rewarded for doing it IMO.

Miami investigated Shapiro and found nothing to make them think he was a bad person. Randy told the players to stay away from Shapiro on a hunch because Randy had some street smarts in him. Shapiro was a professional con-man who conned a billion dollars out of people with money. Shapiro has said he has an axe to grind. Miami self reported and has been cooperative. "“The reality is that Miami, the university, has been incredibly cooperative,” Emmert said. “[Miami] President Shalala is doing an incredible job of interacting with us. Donna is doing a great job. She is being very, very helpful.”. The University of Miami paid all funds donated to them from Shapiro back. 11 current players were investigated and 8 were suspended. The worst penalty was O. Vernon for 6 games and it was over $1500 or so correct? UNC had players who were kicked out of college for their infractions to give you an idea of the difference.

When that many players are investigated and nobody is kicked out of NCAA football that gives you a gauge in severity of what to expect IMO. It's sounding like the Shapiro story is 10% truth and 90% complete fabrication from a pathological lying con-man felon. Yeah he probably weaseled his way into having access when he could get it but for the most he was good at what he does.

No way the NCAA drops the hammer when Miami has cooperated fully or no program will trust them on their campus ever again. Miami has taken a proactive approach and will be rewarded for doing it IMO.

a lot of good points there. I personally dont think that the NCAA worries about other schools cooperating in the future though...think that is not very relevant.

what is relevant is all the other stuff you listed, which is in short that Shapiro is mostly full of ****, we punished all the kids that were involved (that the NCAA can talk to), the infractions were very minor.

this is not LOIC.

Shannon just got a job.

we skate

For once I agree with you, but I am still very cautious about it all, and know there is a chance we get slammed. The biggest thing here is regarding Randy, as long as he is able to keep his job, you have to think it bodes well for us. This is the first time I have actually felt good about something regarding this investigation.

Advertisement
I just want this to be over, sick of speculating over every little piece of info that comes out. While it looks like this is related to us there is a possibility its not.

Give me 15 scholarships over 3 years, 1 more bowl ban and lets move on. I just don't trust the NCAA in regards to Miami.

Shannon just got a job.

we skate

For once I agree with you, but I am still very cautious about it all, and know there is a chance we get slammed. The biggest thing here is regarding Randy, as long as he is able to keep his job, you have to think it bodes well for us. This is the first time I have actually felt good about something regarding this investigation.

What would you consider getting "slammed"?

I just want this to be over, sick of speculating over every little piece of info that comes out. While it looks like this is related to us there is a possibility its not.

Give me 15 scholarships over 3 years, 1 more bowl ban and lets move on. I just don't trust the NCAA in regards to Miami.

That is exactly what i think we'll get and what we probably should get. 5 schollies per year for 3 years, reduce our max 85 to 78, and ban from 2012 bowl season.

We obviously committed infractions but the kinds of infractions are freaking child's play to the kinds of crap that goes on in other schools. Other schools hand out 5 and 6 figure cash payments, our "boosters" hand out steak dinners and $100 for strip clubs and champagne. Jesus. We can't even cheat good. lol.

That is exactly what i think we'll get and what we probably should get. 5 schollies per year for 3 years, reduce our max 85 to 78, and ban from 2012 bowl season.

We obviously committed infractions but the kinds of infractions are freaking child's play to the kinds of crap that goes on in other schools. Other schools hand out 5 and 6 figure cash payments, our "boosters" hand out steak dinners and $100 for strip clubs and champagne. Jesus. We can't even cheat good. lol.

wouldn't that be 85 to 80?

I don't think we should or will get another bowl ban

Advertisement
Shannon just got a job.

we skate

Shalala was in politics... she knows what she's doing.

However, she played a big role in hiring Shannon (imo for PC reasons) which is why we're in this mess to begin with.

Which leads us to this. Should liberals stay out of business decisions?

wouldn't that be 85 to 80?

I don't think we should or will get another bowl ban

You know, i dont know how the max schollie reductions work exactly. PSU got hit with 40 less ships, and had it's max schollie number reduced by 20 (from 85 to 65). So i just applied the same formula here - 15 less ships = a reduction of 7-8 schollies off the max 85 number amounting to 77-78.

Charles is gearing up for his 15 minutes of fame. When Miami's sanctions come out, he will be on every radio station and every sports network in the country being interviewed about it. Then about 6 months later, when there is a new "scandal" and no one is talking about Miami anymore, he will write a book about Miami.

God, I hope the NCAA levies a 1 year bowl ban and some scholarship losses. I remember when before his initial story came out he was calling it a "ten".

:ohlord:..and i cant believe how many people just blindly follow whatever Robinson reports.

Advertisement

a lot of good points there. I personally dont think that the NCAA worries about other schools cooperating in the future though...think that is not very relevant.

what is relevant is all the other stuff you listed, which is in short that Shapiro is mostly full of ****, we punished all the kids that were involved (that the NCAA can talk to), the infractions were very minor.

this is not LOIC.

The NCAA knows it better evolve or they are a Dinosaur. I most certainly believe the NCAA wants programs to cooperate which is evident with them punishing coaches now. No way the NCAA drops the hammer because of a con-man like Shapiro.

If Miami self imposes another bowl then things might be really bad. If they don't we skate IMO.

Shannon just got a job.

we skate

What would you consider getting "slammed"?
Probation for 4 years
25-35 schollys over 3 or 4 years
Plus having to play at 70 or 75 for 3 years
1 more bowl ban

Shalala was in politics... she knows what she's doing.

However, she played a big role in hiring Shannon (imo for PC reasons) which is why we're in this mess to begin with.

Which leads us to this. Should liberals stay out of business decisions?[/QUOTE]

I didn't even get into her political ties which is huge. No way the NCAA slams Miami on Shalala's watch over the claims of a con-man with an axe to grind.

Randy was promoted from with in because he was cheap and Paul Dee screwed the pooch with the Coker contract extension. The whole myth that Miami didn't pay their coaches well started with Randy. People forget Coker had the highest contract in the nation when he won the National Championship and Miami was paying that contract along with Randy's salary.

Liberals have every right to stay in business. That's what free markets are supposed to be all about to be although they probably wouldn't agree with me.

Advertisement
Back