ATH Herb Waters 2012 Senior Highlights

Waters is a solid role player... I still don't understand the hype... He was fast enough against FAU but he went pretty much missing the majority of the season... I'm sorry he isn't better than Dorsett... Dorsett is our best wideout and Coley is our most talented... I'll say Waters is ahead of Lewis but behind Scott... He's a solid player, I don't see star... I see another Andre King... As of right now he's slated as our 2nd fastest wideout but I don't see it... He's good but I'm not seeing this stud...

Advertisement
Waters is a solid role player... I still don't understand the hype... He was fast enough against FAU but he went pretty much missing the majority of the season... I'm sorry he isn't better than Dorsett... Dorsett is our best wideout and Coley is our most talented... I'll say Waters is ahead of Lewis but behind Scott... He's a solid player, I don't see star... I see another Andre King... As of right now he's slated as our 2nd fastest wideout but I don't see it... He's good but I'm not seeing this stud...

Scott rode the pine last year and always getting suspended and he's just not reliable. I was a Scott fan, but I'm sorry. What's been shown to date, Scott is not reliable, you never know when the kid is gonna get suspended, the injury didn't help last year either. And even when he came back wasn't even used. Bad sign.

Waters production already passed his.

Waters has shown flashes and has shown ability to step up. Duke game I believe Coley went down. Waters stepped up for over 100 yards and 2 TDs. This year will show a lot, if he doesn't make another jump in his game OK. But as of right now, been very promising.

Herb is the second most talented reciever we have he has Crabtree like ability but more explosive stephen morris only made hurns and that's it look good last year Dorset on deep routes who else herb was open and dropped a few yes but was also not even targeted so let's hold off and see

Scott rode the pine last year and always getting suspended and he's just not reliable. I was a Scott fan, but I'm sorry. What's been shown to date, Scott is not reliable, you never know when the kid is gonna get suspended, the injury didn't help last year either. And even when he came back wasn't even used. Bad sign.

Waters production already passed his.

Waters has shown flashes and has shown ability to step up. Duke game I believe Coley went down. Waters stepped up for over 100 yards and 2 TDs. This year will show a lot, if he doesn't make another jump in his game OK. But as of right now, been very promising.

I can kind of agree with this except the very promising part and the ability to step up part...but you are right if he doesn't make a jump this year ok

Advertisement
Herb is the second most talented reciever we have he has Crabtree like ability but more explosive stephen morris only made hurns and that's it look good last year Dorset on deep routes who else herb was open and dropped a few yes but was also not even targeted so let's hold off and see

I will agree that MOrris only looked at Hurns..second most talented? you lost me there...I don't see what you see besides his"fast" 40 time but I will hold

Hes big but has wiggle like a smaller player hips that turn on a dime and vert out the gym speaks to his athletic ability

Last edited:
I respect you Vern but this will just be something we won't agree on. We'll see after the next season or two and after the combine.

Either way, Go Canes.

Herb has all the physical tools, he just needs to play stronger this year. That's goes with going up and getting the ball in traffic as well as blocking for sure. But dude has speed to kill, that guy from fau ran a 4.3 and you can see how much ground he closed on duke Johnson's long run. For herb to not get caught from an angle in that play shows he's got the top end speed.

Advertisement
I'm not sure what some of you have been seeing, but Herb Waters is pretty nasty and pretty fast. He seemed to step up last year whenever we needed a TD. I expect him to breakout this year, granted we get decent QB play.

My issue with Herb is a stud "mantra" is that we have seen like 5 wideouts who have been more productive then he has we Morris... I don't see the speed and I don't see the consistency of an elite wideout... He's solid but that's it as of now... And no one from FAU ran a 4.3...

Advertisement
Completely disappeared for a long stretch last year. Don't want to put too much on that because of the QB and his connection with Hurns and then Coley, but I expect Herb to make an impact. He is putting on some good weight and has speed. Nothing earth shattering as of yet but he can certainly rack up yards.

probably the 3rd receiver on the team. You are looking pretty good on offense if this guy is your 3rd option.

Advertisement
My issue with Herb is a stud "mantra" is that we have seen like 5 wideouts who have been more productive then he has we Morris... I don't see the speed and I don't see the consistency of an elite wideout... He's solid but that's it as of now... And no one from FAU ran a 4.3...

Keith reaser had 4.3 speed before that knee surgery

So.

Some people are on board with Waters. Few others not.

I'm on board with Waters as being a solid player, but that's it. I'm very happy he's a 'Cane and think he's a very good complimentary piece. I don't think he is as close to as good as Coley or Dorsett.

Advertisement
Back