At what point in '01 did you know we were winning it all?

I think you mean when we won the sugar bowl against the gaytors in January ‘01. To end the 2000 season...

Sugar Bowl may be located in Louisianna, but not usually the "swamp" associated with the Gators.

Advertisement
Sugar Bowl may be located in Louisianna, but not usually the "swamp" associated with the Gators.
When OP says “when did you know we were winning it all” and mentions the swamp I assumed he was talking about beating UF who we played to end the 2000 season. Whole post confused me though.

WHEN PAUL DEE GOT THE MEMO FROM THE "MAJORITY" AND FLUSHED SHALALALALALALA'S DREAMS OF HER BERRY ALVEREZ TAMPON...

Advertisement
Penn State game. it was a special night for that program and we went in and raped them.

We were the best team in 2000. ‘01 was just the year we collected the trophy as a byproduct. The real fun was the Tony Montana style payback tour. We knew they would take any excuse to keep us out, one loss was all it would take. So proud of that team. What a season.

We were the best team in 2000. ‘01 was just the year we collected the trophy as a byproduct. The real fun was the Tony Montana style payback tour. We knew they would take any excuse to keep us out, one loss was all it would take. So proud of that team. What a season.
imo we won 3 in a row. we were robbed against OSU and we were going to massarce Oklahoma in 2000.

Advertisement
Dorsey started the final 3 games of 1999 and 1 game in 2000 before Washington.

Right. I should have used more words. It was Dorsey's frst time beginning a season as QB1 vs at team that ended up losing only 1 game that year.

Dorsey might have actually started the last 4 games of '99 pretty sure he took over after Kelley got KO'd by Vag Tek.

Right. I should have used more words. It was Dorsey's frst time beginning a season as QB1 vs at team that ended up losing only 1 game that year.

Dorsey might have actually started the last 4 games of '99 pretty sure he took over after Kelley got KO'd by Vag Tek.

The 2000 Washington game was Dorsey’s first start of a road game. Dorsey’s three starts at the end of 1999 were home games; Rutgers, Syracuse, and Temple.

I was going to mention this:

Not to mention, they also set an FBS record by beating back-to-back ranked opponents by a combined score of 124-7, and their 26-point victory at Penn State, tied for the worst home loss of Joe Paterno’s 46-year career at the school.

Until I remembered this:

Their 37-14 victory over Nebraska was more one-sided than it appears on paper; Miami was up 34-0 at halftime, before pulling its starters.

Pulling your starters in the NC game is the single most savage thing anyone has ever done on a football field.

Proved to me Coker was not going to be a long term coach at The U. He consistently tried to coast through games. The only time he didn’t the Canes crushed Syracuse and Washington124-7. Miami was up 20-3 at the half at VaTech the last week and almost blew the game, and the NC, as Coker tried to coast the second half.

Miami should have crushed the Huskers by 40+ in the Rose Bowl.

You don’t need to beat teams like Temple and Rutgers by 100, but when coaches shut down early, players will too. This type of attitude will eventually cost a team games.

Last edited:
Proved to me Coker was not going to be a long term coach at The U. He consistently tried to coast through games. The only time he didn’t the Canes crushed Syracuse and Washington124-7. Miami was up 20-3 at the half at VaTech the last week and almost blew the game, and the NC, as Coker tried to coast the second half.

Miami should have crushed the Huskers by 40+ in the Rose Bowl.

You don’t need to beat teams like Temple and Rutgers by 100, but when coaches shut down early, players will too. This type of attitude will eventually cost a team games.

Good points on coasting, probably what prompted Reed to give the infamous "Joaquin said dominate!" speech at halftime vs FSU.

Advertisement
Good points on coasting, probably what prompted Reed to give the infamous "Joaquin said dominate!" speech at halftime vs FSU.

Yes. Reed was never satisfied with his performance.

“The other team has players and coaches too”, as John McKay once said, but think of how many times the Canes came out flat under Coker, Shanon, and Golden. Richt hasn’t been perfect either (see Pitt last season).

Player motivation has got to be a hard hustle.

I could be wrong, but weren’t there actually offensive line concerns going into 2001 as there were a lot of new blood? Could be thinking of 2000. Anyway, ended up being one of the best o lines ever

I knew after we beat the gators in the sugar bowl, my only concern was losing Santana and Reggie Wayne that year.

Advertisement
As much as I want to say stomping FSU 49-27 at Doak...it was real when we exacted the Lord's vengeance on Washington. After that 65-7 murking of the #12 team that had cost us so much the season before...I knew our boys were not going to be denied.

100%

That's when I knew no one was gonna be able to stop the title from happening.

When we kicked the gator butt in sugar bowl. It drove Steve to nfl. Strangely, I felt the same thing after nole game this year and then Jimbo ran away too. I think we take it all this year— not the domination like that team, but a NC anyway.

The 2000 Washington game was Dorsey’s first start of a road game. Dorsey’s three starts at the end of 1999 were home games; Rutgers, Syracuse, and Temple.

He played some in the Sugar Bowl as well didn't he? Prob his first action away from the OB.

I could be wrong. Several thousand pounds of mary jane have processed through my system since then.

Advertisement
Back