At what point in '01 did you know we were winning it all?

MizCane

Senior
Just got to thinking today about how much fun that season was and how awesome that team was and the ride we went on. I think when we went into the Swamp and ran away in the second half was when I knew we had a Championship coming.

Advertisement
Just got to thinking today about how much fun that season was and how awesome that team was and the ride we went on. I think when we went into the Swamp and ran away in the second half was when I knew we had a Championship coming.
Wasn’t the game at the swamp in 2002?

Advertisement
I thought we were winning it all for about 2 decades except during the "lean years" of probation in the mid-90s.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I knew at the end of the 2000 season...this team got ***ed out of the championship game and was clearly the best team in college football at the end of the season. We lost an early game to the #4 ranked team in the country by season's end, and the game was at their house. I knew that group of players would not let it happen again the following season.

As much as I want to say stomping FSU 49-27 at Doak...it was real when we exacted the Lord's vengeance on Washington. After that 65-7 murking of the #12 team that had cost us so much the season before...I knew our boys were not going to be denied.

The Lord's Justice indeed. I was on the right side of that one, and the savagery of it still makes me shudder.

Advertisement

I was going to mention this:

Not to mention, they also set an FBS record by beating back-to-back ranked opponents by a combined score of 124-7, and their 26-point victory at Penn State, tied for the worst home loss of Joe Paterno’s 46-year career at the school.

Until I remembered this:

Their 37-14 victory over Nebraska was more one-sided than it appears on paper; Miami was up 34-0 at halftime, before pulling its starters.

Pulling your starters in the NC game is the single most savage thing anyone has ever done on a football field.

Advertisement
Back