At this rate, does it look bad for the upcoming season

Hopefully in about 2-3 weeks we’ll have more data about infections and we’ll have built up testing and hospital capacity and supplies then we can relax some measures but keep some. Perhaps some of the promising treatments (chloroquine, rebivir or however it’s spelled, etc) and we can get more normalcy back

right now even money I would bet no football this fall but a lot can change.

Advertisement
Sout

If we followed the South Korean model from the jump we wouldn't be in this predicament.

I still think the contagion will have slowed down drastically by July-August, but the only reason why it could linger around & continue to spread is because of the initial Governmental negligence & lack of urgency from the start.

When this thing first touched ground in the US, all port cities should've been locked down & quarantined, obviously, I'm certain most in the Gov never expected or completely underestimated the magnitude of the potentiality of this thing spreading like wildfire, but overall we were still too late in being vigorous in taking precautionary measures.

With that said, I still think eventually we'll get it contained to being manageable, the question becomes what happens if it comes back in the fall if it continues to mutate & spread? I think the toughest part we're going to have deal with is as a country, we pretty much are going to have accept the fact is that a lot of people will probably get it & spread it to one another asymptomatically.

Hopefully there will be enough antiviral meds available to combat Covid-19 for the long haul, but there's just no way a country will remain locked down for 6 months+ if most people won't die from it & it as of now, has a fairly high recovery rate.

South Korea responded about as well as possible. It actually looked like they had planned ahead for such a scenario. The fact that the US had so few testing kits available for sooooo long is ******* embarrassing. I think that was one of the main issues that will result in this lingering.linger.than it should have.

Younger people DO engage in more high risk behavior, though. Like crowding on the beaches during a pandemic, thinking they are invincible.

It is also true that many people become more conservative as they age. In the 1960's and early 1970's, I used to have the same contempt for older people that you demonstrate now. It was my generation that employed the phrase, "Never trust anyone over thirty."

Unfortunately, not enough of the boomer generation matured; many stayed adolescent mentally and emotionally and raised a generation of entitled and irresponsible offspring.
**** yeah my dad beat my *** and mom hit me with a brush. Most of my friends and I'm 40 have never been spanked. It took my wife until we had a son to pass out an *** whooping. I do agree as you get older you do get more conservative but you don't have to get to the point of being curmudgeon.

Sout

South Korea responded about as well as possible. It actually looked like they had planned ahead for such a scenario. The fact that the US had so few testing kits available for sooooo long is ******* embarrassing. I think that was one of the main issues that will result in this lingering.linger.than it should have.

And then there are the respirators, the ventilators and a plan for more hospital beds.

No exaggeration: Hospitals are in a crisis.
Expect to hear about many thousand of people gasping for breath..

Until the US does what Spain. Italy and France are doing by locking everyone down this thing will linger. Unfortunately the US is always the last to catch on. :(

Look at all these Thumb downs I got about something The Dr and President are now asking everyone to do. Like I said if we would have started the lockdown a month ago we would be way ahead of the game.

Advertisement
People are overlooking what happens when places open up and people leave their houses without a vaccine.

The virus will likely ramp back up again and head towards peak 2.
Sports are unlikely this year and fan attendance are almost 0% chance unless things change drastically

Look at all these Thumb downs I got about something The Dr and President are now asking everyone to do. Like I said if we would have started the lockdown a month ago we would be way ahead of the game.
Wrong forum. Make your way to the covid board for echo chamber opinions....

Sout

So.Korea had a major virus epidemic in 2015 that they weren't prepared for .. and the government passed a law mandating a huge inventory of PPE and a fast tracked test approval protocol along with a national policy for test distribution. It is also a SMALL geographic area that is 20% of the size of the State of California. South Korea would fit in the area between Los Angeles and Stockton. The silver lining in this virus attack is that the US will probably end up with a variety of fast track test protocols and fast tracked vaccine protocols in place for any future, more deadly virus situations.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back