At this rate, does it look bad for the upcoming season

If those EU brain children had cut off flights from China like we did, this would be over. All these new infection in US is from those idiots, not the other way. We had this long before my cousins in Italy had their first case. The mistake we made was not shutting all the borders down when we closed off China. We basically got a second wave from Europe. Now they are dropping like flies despite their single payer health care. They have a disaster on their hands because they didn't have the balls to offend their Chinese Overlords.

PS. I made mistake. It looks like Italy actually might have band flights from China about the same time as us. We did have a confirmed case before them. They do have large Chinese population in Italy so if their band was like ours, those people might have been allowed to continue to return. I could have slandered my cousins. I felt my Blessed mother slap the back of my head and did extra research. She was dangerous enough to **** off when alive, since passed, all those Rosaries have made offending her deadly. Sorry, Mom.
I imagine their open borders with the rest of the EU is a factor though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
These are the same kids that ate tide pods, snorted condoms, and want Bernie as their President so everything can be handed to them. I wish the virus would wipe them out and we start with a fresh crop.
Well the virus won’t do what you want. In fact, it’s much more likely to kill off the old, conservative people. Hope you don’t fall into that category Because it’s coming for you.
whereas the young liberals that you hate may be infected, will survive and then pass it on to old people. How’s that for an ironic twist to your wish.
I've been saying this since the whole thing started, but at some point, collectively we are going to have to make a choice. Either crash the economy off a cliff, so hard to the point where it definitely won't bounce back so easily, to the point where so many businesses close and so many people are out of work that the world is unrecognizable, or accept the fact that some people are going to die from this. It's not a choice that has anything to do with any political affiliation, either.

Lost in all the social media hysteria and relentless shaming of some people in the Bay Area and elsewhere who really did nothing but go out for a jog and some fresh air, is the likelihood that if we continue to ramp up more and more draconian measures every damned day, and keep them going for months and months......a year.......we are going to see a real suicide epidemic. Not only that, stress-related illnesses and deaths will go through the roof, overwhelming the hospitals anyway. So, yeah - cool, we saved some people from dying from COVID-19, but we drove others to suicide, and/or heart attacks and strokes they otherwise wouldn't have suffered.

Myself, I fall somewhere in the middle - I do recognize that some social distancing is probably a good idea, but I also think we've gone too far and won't be able to sustain this one-upsmanship of strict measures our governors and mayors (of both parties, mind you) seem to have going on.
i agree with you 100%. But which politician on the local or national level has the guts to say that we need the economy and have to accept some deaths. Because your reality is my reality but we aren’t the politicians.

828E426F-BE19-4067-9647-CFDFDBB38753.jpeg

Serious question: why wouldn’t it return in the Fall and, for that matter, why would it ever fully go away over the summer absent a vaccine which we won’t have by then?

It is currently summer and warm in Australia and it’s warm in Florida, yet it is spreading. Football and the return of sports may hinge upon whether the leagues want to accept some sort of risk, much like any other disease one could contract like the flu while playing games.
I think the 1918-9 flu returned with a vengeance after a seasonal hiatus. I think that's when my uncle died as an infant.

For NCAAF, it’s easy to just grant everyone an extra year of eligibility if the season is canceled. But what about the NFL?

Do owners have to pay players under contract if there is a canceled season? Do all players have a uniform contract provision regarding force majeure (I.e. acts of God) and would this apply?

What about players drafted next month? If the owners start to think there won’t be a season or maybe a partial season, what incentivizes them to sign a player who may be owed contract $$$, if players are paid when there is no season? Or would they lose the rights to that player and he’d get to enter the 2021 NFL Draft if he never signs a contract?
A lot of our kids are not likely to stick around for another year if they don't play in 2020. King, Rousseau, the Temple transfer, others might leave.

I think playing this season and showing we've turned this thing around is important for our near future.

I also think having a full spring practice was very important to implement our major changes and integrate some difference makers, like the new DEs, King, etc.

Advertisement
Well the virus won’t do what you want. In fact, it’s much more likely to kill off the old, conservative people. Hope you don’t fall into that category Because it’s coming for you.
whereas the young liberals that you hate may be infected, will survive and then pass it on to old people. How’s that for an ironic twist to your wish.

i agree with you 100%. But which politician on the local or national level has the guts to say that we need the economy and have to accept some deaths. Because your reality is my reality but we aren’t the politicians.
Younger people DO engage in more high risk behavior, though. Like crowding on the beaches during a pandemic, thinking they are invincible.

It is also true that many people become more conservative as they age. In the 1960's and early 1970's, I used to have the same contempt for older people that you demonstrate now. It was my generation that employed the phrase, "Never trust anyone over thirty."

Unfortunately, not enough of the boomer generation matured; many stayed adolescent mentally and emotionally and raised a generation of entitled and irresponsible offspring.

I've been saying this since the whole thing started, but at some point, collectively we are going to have to make a choice. Either crash the economy off a cliff, so hard to the point where it definitely won't bounce back so easily, to the point where so many businesses close and so many people are out of work that the world is unrecognizable, or accept the fact that some people are going to die from this. It's not a choice that has anything to do with any political affiliation, either.

Lost in all the social media hysteria and relentless shaming of some people in the Bay Area and elsewhere who really did nothing but go out for a jog and some fresh air, is the likelihood that if we continue to ramp up more and more draconian measures every damned day, and keep them going for months and months......a year.......we are going to see a real suicide epidemic. Not only that, stress-related illnesses and deaths will go through the roof, overwhelming the hospitals anyway. So, yeah - cool, we saved some people from dying from COVID-19, but we drove others to suicide, and/or heart attacks and strokes they otherwise wouldn't have suffered.

Myself, I fall somewhere in the middle - I do recognize that some social distancing is probably a good idea, but I also think we've gone too far and won't be able to sustain this one-upsmanship of strict measures our governors and mayors (of both parties, mind you) seem to have going on.
Good perspective ⬆️

If we followed the South Korean model from the jump we wouldn't be in this predicament.

I still think the contagion will have slowed down drastically by July-August, but the only reason why it could linger around & continue to spread is because of the initial Governmental negligence & lack of urgency from the start.

When this thing first touched ground in the US, all port cities should've been locked down & quarantined, obviously, I'm certain most in the Gov never expected or completely underestimated the magnitude of the potentiality of this thing spreading like wildfire, but overall we were still too late in being vigorous in taking precautionary measures.

With that said, I still think eventually we'll get it contained to being manageable, the question becomes what happens if it comes back in the fall if it continues to mutate & spread? I think the toughest part we're going to have deal with is as a country, we pretty much are going to have accept the fact is that a lot of people will probably get it & spread it to one another asymptomatically.

Hopefully there will be enough antiviral meds available to combat Covid-19 for the long haul, but there's just no way a country will remain locked down for 6 months+ if most people won't die from it & it as of now, has a fairly high recovery rate.

Yeah, if only Hillary were in charge

Advertisement
Advertisement
99.3% in South Korea recovered. It’s a bunch of bs.
They aren't in the clear yet. The major difference between the US and South Korea is they took it serious from the beginning unlike us, the people in charge declared it a hoax and did nothing despite prior warning. They implemented Martial Law quickly thereby limiting the spread of the virus to other people. They were obviously more prepared as well as they are able to test 10000 people per day where as we here in the US are only testing the people who have value such as the congress and senate folk as well as entertainers and athletes. Common folk have to be on our death bed before we get tested.

They aren't in the clear yet. The major difference between the US and South Korea is they took it serious from the beginning unlike us, the people in charge declared it a hoax and did nothing despite prior warning. They implemented Martial Law quickly thereby limiting the spread of the virus to other people. They were obviously more prepared as well as they are able to test 10000 people per day where as we here in the US are only testing the people who have value such as the congress and senate folk as well as entertainers and athletes. Common folk have to be on our death bed before we get tested.

The people in charge here banned travel from
China on Jan. 31st and was called racist. Actually the dem reaction was called a hoax, not the virus.

I must have missed the Obama pandemic program that was latter cancelled? Or the other ones started in our 300 plus year history? Idiot liberals never let a situation go to waste.
You did miss it. Implemented back in 2014-2015 during the ebola crisis. This isn't a liberal thing or a conservative thing. Viruses don't care what's your political affiliation. Facts are facts. The program was cancelled in 2018 by the current administration.

Advertisement
Back