At this rate, does it look bad for the upcoming season

Advertisement
Advertisement
Until the US does what Spain. Italy and France are doing by locking everyone down this thing will linger. Unfortunately the US is always the last to catch on. :(
Ya hard to believe this goes anywhere watching kids spring break hard still. That and the expecting resurgence come fall if it does die down.

Until the US does what Spain. Italy and France are doing by locking everyone down this thing will linger. Unfortunately the US is always the last to catch on. :(
If those EU brain children had cut off flights from China like we did, this would be over. All these new infection in US is from those idiots, not the other way. We had this long before my cousins in Italy had their first case. The mistake we made was not shutting all the borders down when we closed off China. We basically got a second wave from Europe. Now they are dropping like flies despite their single payer health care. They have a disaster on their hands because they didn't have the balls to offend their Chinese Overlords.

PS. I made mistake. It looks like Italy actually might have band flights from China about the same time as us. We did have a confirmed case before them. They do have large Chinese population in Italy so if their band was like ours, those people might have been allowed to continue to return. I could have slandered my cousins. I felt my Blessed mother slap the back of my head and did extra research. She was dangerous enough to **** off when alive, since passed, all those Rosaries have made offending her deadly. Sorry, Mom.

Last edited:
Advertisement
These college kids just don't get it. My daughter asked my wife and I about going to Daytona for spring break and we said da ****!!!! Try it if you want and see what happens.
These are the same kids that ate tide pods, snorted condoms, and want Bernie as their President so everything can be handed to them. I wish the virus would wipe them out and we start with a fresh crop.

If we followed the South Korean model from the jump we wouldn't be in this predicament.

I still think the contagion will have slowed down drastically by July-August, but the only reason why it could linger around & continue to spread is because of the initial Governmental negligence & lack of urgency from the start.

When this thing first touched ground in the US, all port cities should've been locked down & quarantined, obviously, I'm certain most in the Gov never expected or completely underestimated the magnitude of the potentiality of this thing spreading like wildfire, but overall we were still too late in being vigorous in taking precautionary measures.

With that said, I still think eventually we'll get it contained to being manageable, the question becomes what happens if it comes back in the fall if it continues to mutate & spread? I think the toughest part we're going to have deal with is as a country, we pretty much are going to have accept the fact is that a lot of people will probably get it & spread it to one another asymptomatically.

Hopefully there will be enough antiviral meds available to combat Covid-19 for the long haul, but there's just no way a country will remain locked down for 6 months+ if most people won't die from it & it as of now, has a fairly high recovery rate.

South Korea one of the areas hit the hardest are about to start sports again next month and so is China where it all started. It’s going to take months to recover for America but I doubt it would affect fall season other than maybe starting at a later date closer to the end of September

Advertisement

If we followed the South Korean model from the jump we wouldn't be in this predicament.

I still think the contagion will have slowed down drastically by July-August, but the only reason why it could linger around & continue to spread is because of the initial Governmental negligence & lack of urgency from the start.

When this thing first touched ground in the US, all port cities should've been locked down & quarantined, obviously, I'm certain most in the Gov never expected or completely underestimated the magnitude of the potentiality of this thing spreading like wildfire, but overall we were still too late in being vigorous in taking precautionary measures.

With that said, I still think eventually we'll get it contained to being manageable, the question becomes what happens if it comes back in the fall it continues to mutate & spread? I think the toughest part we're going to have deal with is as a country, we pretty much are going to have accept the fact is that a lot of people will probably get it & spread it to one another asymptomatically.

Hopefully there will be enough antiviral meds available to combat Covid-19 for the long haul, but there's just no way a country will remain locked down for 6 months+ if most people won't die from it & it as of now, has a fairly high recovery rate.
Serious question: why wouldn’t it return in the Fall and, for that matter, why would it ever fully go away over the summer absent a vaccine which we won’t have by then?

It is currently summer and warm in Australia and it’s warm in Florida, yet it is spreading. Football and the return of sports may hinge upon whether the leagues want to accept some sort of risk, much like any other disease one could contract like the flu while playing games.

Serious question: why wouldn’t it return in the Fall and, for that matter, why would it ever fully go away over the summer absent a vaccine which we won’t have by then?

It is currently summer and warm in Australia and it’s warm in Florida, yet it is spreading. Football and the return of sports may hinge upon whether the leagues want to accept some sort of risk, much like any other disease one could contract like the flu while playing games.
Doesn't it have a two week lifespan on any surface?

So it'll never fully go away, but if you get over this initial outbreak now, you can manage any future outbreaks. At least that's how I understand the plan atm.

Advertisement
Doesn't it have a two week lifespan on any surface?

So it'll never fully go away, but if you get over this initial outbreak now, you can manage any future outbreaks. At least that's how I understand the plan atm.
I did not know it had a two week lifespan, I had actually heard of it was on a surface such as a door **** it could be contagious for 18 hours.

I am more concerned that we have asymptomatic people walking around spreading this and the cat is out of the bag, we will eventually all contract this. Even if we observe social distancing and quarantine ourselves for the next 30 days, eventually - hopefully - we will return to “normal” life, but we seemingly inevitably will encounter some ******* somewhere who did not follow recommended instructions and who perpetuates its spread.

Advertisement
Back