Asante Samuel Jr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta land Campbell and Surtain now
Have to land Campbell totally agree

Surtain was never coming

Samuel was never coming

We missed Samuel (no surprise)

if we land surtain it would be a happy surprise but certainly nobody should EXPECT it as we weren't even in his top 6

Sanuel has been committed elsewhere for 8 months not sure why ppl expected him like it was a guarantee, think listening to Pete got ppls Hopes up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We aren’t recruiting bethel.
Do U people actually follow recruiting?

Staff missed on this one no doubt. That ****tard screwed us. Asante was an awesome HS CB. He's definitely short so it'll suck big time if he can lock up FBS level WR's and prove our staff wrong.

I am intrigued by Bethel. That kid has huge potential. 6-1 runs a 4.38 and 10.6 100m. LEt Rumph coach him up like he did Campbell and 2 years from now we may have an All-American level CB.

Nobody is gonna be complaining about anything if we get Tyson, Pat Jr, and maybe Bethel as the project. Even Tyson and Bethel would still be an epic DB class.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Armchair recruiters. Bottom line is we are taking anywhere from five to seven DBs in this class and when setting the board, the kid wasn't at the top of the list. Yes, the Joke in Connecticut is a situation that made coaches look bad, but if you have the talent (and physical gifts that any and all coaches think they can coach up), you get leeway. Coaches tell Joke to kick rocks and then he blows up, we get same guys on here saying we cowered to Bama. With Samuel we missed on a kid that is a "dog" but does have some physical limitations. That plain and simple is why he wasn't a tier A priority. Can't have it both ways.

And in reality, despite ppl hating the long view, I think only taking 5 or 6 DBs is better for the future. While you need to always stack chips, DB is a position where EVERY year we have options. Stevenson, the kid from University, Mark Anthony Richards, all kids lined up for next year. We take in seven this year, that means next year we can probably only take 2. Classes do need some balance.

And with TC, the kid will do what he's going to do, but realistically look at his options: us and three teams in the CFB playoff. Stop with the its a indictment on Rumph BS. Kid doesn't come here its plain and simple, he wants something different and will be playing for teams with a bright future. We aren't part of the elite YET, so we don't yet get everything we want NOW.

Recruiting is an IMPERFECT science. The magnifying glass is stronger than ever, and it doesn't mean coaches aren't above criticism, but if you think we are going to bat 1000 you're crazy.

And finally on Pete, he is only as good as his source (whether third-party or direct) Any information he gets always will have some type of agenda to it. This is not an honest business. Even Shaq's dad thought there was a chance, so I am sure that was straight from the players.

Last edited:
We slow played him and he stayed loyal to his commitment...good for him. Hope we finish with Campbell, if not then this was clearly poor tactics by our ataff

Very concerning this staff doesn't have a good read on recruits. Golden was the absolute worst. I remember when they felt comfortable they were landing a kid and message board posters knew we weren't getting them.

This was a big L no matter how u spin it. Locking up another STA DB and stealing one from fsu would've been huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I guess we’ll see if he takes it. We don’t need more dbs, but we weren’t turning away surtain and samuels.

As I mentioned before franchise, I wonder if something transpired between UM and samuels. Just odd on the timing for him to sign today.

Stop clamoring the staff doesn’t have a good read on recruits. Stop making idiotic blanket statements.

Samuels mom loves the Canes and he rather jump into the rivals dumpster fire and compliment their loser coach, than wear the orange and green. That is a bad picture.

Advertisement
Here comes the butt hurtness, if we wanted the dude we could have had him. He was clearly not at the top of our board and not made a priority. We preach loyalty only when it's in our favor right :) The kid knew he was sloppy seconds and Taggert probably told the kid every lie in the book looking at his pathetic class to keep it together.

Make all the excuses you want. Tagfart emptied his guns and kicked our *** on this one even with no DC.

I’m anxiously awaiting the spin as to how we suddenly dropped him at the last second because there’s a bigger fish ready to jump in the boat.

Just don't understand how so many people had a good read on Jobe playing games but our coaches didn't. As much as I like the class up to this point, that's bad.

Here comes the butt hurtness, if we wanted the dude we could have had him. He was clearly not at the top of our board and not made a priority. We preach loyalty only when it's in our favor right :) The kid knew he was sloppy seconds and Taggert probably told the kid every lie in the book looking at his pathetic class to keep it together.

Make all the excuses you want. Tagfart emptied his guns and kicked our *** on this one even with no DC.

I’m anxiously awaiting the spin as to how we suddenly dropped him at the last second because there’s a bigger fish ready to jump in the boat.

Not make excuses, wtf did you read? Just saying he was not a priority and for the last two years the coaching staff treated him that way. Tagfart didn't do **** unless bags were dropped on his behalf. This is on Richt and Co. Just like last year with Henderson they let some little drama queen spread them out for a year even though it was **** obvious the kid wasn't coming here.

Not make excuses, wtf did you read? Just saying he was not a priority and for the last two years the coaching staff treated him that way. Tagfart didn't do **** unless bags were dropped on his behalf. This is on Richt and Co. Just like last year with Henderson they let some little drama queen spread them out for a year even though it was **** obvious the kid wasn't coming here.

when was it obvious that jobe wasn't coming here? like three weeks ago? after being committed for two and a half years

lmao so we're supposed to drop Jobe and not even try

man the idiocy of the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back