Asa Martin...

Advertisement
That is legitimately the dumbest **** I've ever read a coach doing no a whole coaching staff. How the **** do you forget to not play a player?

And the family questioned the staff in time to save the shirt. But the kid was put in the game and then the “mistake” was discovered

Advertisement
Wrong on this one brother. He's an Img kid. I've seen him plenty. He comes and there's gonna be pressure. Kids a beast

Hope I am wrong, we need the depth. What do you think kept him off the field at Auburn?

Martin looks slow to me. Solid football player but not someone who would stand out down here. I’m not surprised Shaun Shivers beat him out.

We need the depth though and this guy seems versatile.
Hey Dmoney not trying to get in an argument with you but did you watch Monday Night Football. Dalvin cook would run for 10 or get tackled for a 2 yard loss. Chris carson would gain anywhere from 3-15 yards each play consistently. Its college we can stack chips get both these types of players

Wrong on this one brother. He's an Img kid. I've seen him plenty. He comes and there's gonna be pressure. Kids a beast
Then why didn't he make any impact at Auburn this year? Shaun Shivers was also a true freshman, and not a take at Miami, and he outsnapped Martin by 46 carries (4.5x as many carries as Martin), and averaged more ypc than him too.

Advertisement
Hope I am wrong, we need the depth. What do you think kept him off the field at Auburn?
This!
We complained about Macintosh being slow so now we’re gonna pick up auburn rejects.
Maybe the mistake wasn’t really a mistake. Maybe They knew they had a highly rated jag. Don’t have to leave Florida to get a good RB. This kid is transferring cause he can’t make the squad.

Then why didn't he make any impact at Auburn this year? Shaun Shivers was also a true freshman, and not a take at Miami, and he outsnapped Martin by 46 carries (4.5x as many carries as Martin), and averaged more ypc than him too.
And Dee Wiggins outsnapped **** near every one of our receivers. Do you think that meant hes better than all of them? Sometimes staffs have agendas. That's all I can say on that.

By the way if ur nudging shivers by not being a TAKE here, just to put in context tai wasn't a take... nor keele Ringo or elias nix. Could actually go on for a minute with that. Not sure us offering or not is the greatest barometer of a kids talent level right now

Advertisement
By the way if ur nudging shivers by not being a TAKE here, just to put in context tai wasn't a take... nor keele Ringo or elias nix. Could actually go on for a minute with that. Not sure us offering or not is the greatest barometer of a kids talent level right now

Think we get in the mix with Ringo now that Manny is gone?

Martin looks slow to me. Solid football player but not someone who would stand out down here. I’m not surprised Shaun Shivers beat him out.

Likely to play more than four games
RB Asa Martin & Shaun Shivers:
Junior Kam Martin and redshirt freshman JaTarvious Whitlow are the running backs coach Tim Horton said have “separated themselves” from the rest of the pack, but Martin and Shivers are right behind them in the pecking order.
Both bring something different to the table. Martin, the reigning Mr. Football in the state of Alabama, is the prototypical feature back at 5-foot-11 and 209 pounds, having rushed for 2,228 yards and 33 touchdowns as a senior at Austin High.
“Really impressed with Asa's foot quickness. He can transition in and out of breaks really quickly. The holes close and he can really change directions quickly. Good speed, not great yet,” Horton said. “But he's got a really good work ethic, he wants to be a great player, he tries to soak up everything that we give him as coaches and even his coaches try to give him. He's been impressive..

* it appears Shivers gives them a different style runner.....change up explosive speedster. ( with surprising physicality ) initially used mostly for counters and misdirection plays....Asa is the same as whitlow slower more powerful between the tackles type....after reading a few articles...I think it was more about the numbers game than anything else...who knows?

I agree on him not being the fastest dude, but his feet and vision are what impress me.

He doesn't dance after initially getting the ball; he finds the whole and goes.

I am NOT saying he is or will ever be this person, but the way his feet move and how he cuts reminds me a little or Marshawn.

Speed is something we need, but if we took him, I think he provides the things I mentioned + he looks great at catching the ball out of the backfield and even split out at WR.

Advertisement
So would I.

Who's Vincent Davis?
Really impressive RB from Cardinal Gibbons, committed to Kentucky. Ran in the 4.4’s at Miami Opening 40 yard dash. Had 2 TD’s in 48-10 state championship victory.

I'll accept the Wiggins point, mainly because Auburn's staff is pretty bag right now and their hc is on the verge of being fired next season.

But shivers imo had absolutely no chance of coming here last season. I mean maybe he could have been Miami caliber, maybe not. But he definitely wasnt a better prospect than either of the two guys we got.

Think we get in the mix with Ringo now that Manny is gone?
Nah. I know even if we offer now these kids went from disappointment to animosity to looking at us like a joke cause we wont offer. I just can't come up with the logic in why we didn't offer.

Advertisement
Back