As of tonight, here’s where we sit in the ACC

Advertisement
It’s just my opinion. I don’t believe teams play at the same level each game.

Look, I’m an optimist and I believe there is time to fix things and refocus the team, but that’s like saying everyone who beat Syracuse the year they beat Clemson, was better than Clemson. The principle of transitive properties, I believe is what it’s called.

Despite UNC losing to FSU, it’s my opinion that they would’ve beaten us today. Hopefully, we will be more prepared and focused when we face them. If not, they will beat us.
So basically you're saying UNC is aloud to get beat by one of the worst FSU teams ever but when we actually win (ugly) we are now not good enough. I see

1. CU
2. ND
3. UNC
4. UM (maybe)

I really wanted to believe that we were #2 behind CU, but ND is clearly more well-rounded and Better coached.

UNC has a better O at basically each position group except TE. They also have better play calling. We have the D talent to pull off a victory, but we could easily lose that game unless we are focused and well-prepared.

Manny still has much to prove. If Bronco has our roster, would we be better off? Or Narduzzi, etc.?

I’d rather be 5-1 than 4-2, but let’s keep improving during the season and not wait until the offseason to make needed adjustments.
Unc sucks....

so just so we're clear, are you guys mad that we blew FSU out by 6 touchdowns? did it get you too excited and you couldn't fathom that we aren't the best team in the country right after going 6-7 last year?

because we beat Pitt (by 12 and was never really not in hand) and UVA in a sluggish rain game, that we are garbage?

what does that mean of UNC who lost to FSU?

Advertisement
Advertisement
1. CU
2. ND
3. UNC
4. UM (maybe)

I really wanted to believe that we were #2 behind CU, but ND is clearly more well-rounded and Better coached.

UNC has a better O at basically each position group except TE. They also have better play calling. We have the D talent to pull off a victory, but we could easily lose that game unless we are focused and well-prepared.

Manny still has much to prove. If Bronco has our roster, would we be better off? Or Narduzzi, etc.?

I’d rather be 5-1 than 4-2, but let’s keep improving during the season and not wait until the offseason to make needed adjustments.
I want to believe Manny is the long-term answer, but my gut tells me he still has to prove he can prepare this team to exploit the opponent's weakness and attack it. So far he has not done a good job at that.

And enough with the "we practice against ourselves to prepare for teams" first off we are not good enough. The coaches need to turn on the film and dissect the opponent's weaknesses and devise an attack creating matchup problems! And this goes for both the offense as well as the defense.

We have better talent than most teams we play but what gets us in trouble is the fact we get outcoached just about every time. We have way too many guys out of position. More talented guys sitting the bench getting less playing time than inferior talent starting games.

Manny and the coaches need to step up their game by preparing this team better especially after a bye week.

I’m a fool? Huh. I thought sharing my opinion on this board was OK to do. But now...I just found out I’m a fool. Wow...

Meanwhile back on planet Earth, we are not playing as well as UNC. We can improve between now and when we play them, but as of tonight, we’re in real trouble when we play the Heels. It’s my foolish opinion, but I stand by it.
We didn’t look great at all this week but UNC lost to a terrible FSU team just last week so I don’t agree with the ”we are not playing as well” just bc they beat NC State at home yesterday. That game was more competitive than the final score.

This UNC argument will be settled on the field. BUT, for argument's sake, on a neutral field what's the Vegas line for UM-UNC?

UNC is FSU's only conference win and was decisive. The same FSU we throttled.

ND trailed Louisville in the third quarter before scoring a single touchdown and was able to hang on until time ran out.

We never trailed, yet people are willing to slice their wrists because UVA scored with 5 minutes left in the game to come within 5 points.

Advertisement
Clemson is in a class all by themselves. Then quite a few steps down is ND. After those two any team in the ACC can beat another. The way we've played the last few weeks show we are average until proven otherwise.

Unc game against Florida state was very similar to our game against ****** tech last year. Destroyed in the first half. Got it going in the second but too little too late

Advertisement
What did the eye test say about UNC and ND last week when both looked like sh*t?. I mean for gods sake ND couldnt score 2 tds on Louisville who cant stop the Little Giants from scoring. The ACC is a toss up behind Clemson....That is all. All this d*ck riding needs to stop of other teams though..geesh
Miami is the only team that has looked bad in a win all year. ND and UNC are juggernauts obviously.

This is why some people need to chill. We squeezed by UVA...so what? UNC fell victim to FSU! Our only loss is to Clemson. We did not beat UVA by 50, but we put up 52 on FSU and beat Louisville by a good margin too (not trying to say that those teams are great but rather that any given Saturday can be a team’s time to lose). Our Canes were flat as **** against UVA and still we won. We should have not given up the last TD and were lucky for the ineligible player down field on the other, but if we were down, we would be playing with more urgency to win. Our only litmus test this year for playing from behind was Clemson and we can all agree that in our current state, we do not have the will power to take them coming from behind. But we have won the other 4 conference games which UNC cannot say and ND showed a similar let down against Louisville as we did against UVA. Stop jumping to conclusions. Let the season play out. If we lose 2 out of the next 5, you can act like the sky is falling. But let’s be positive and get behind our team to win each week.

Different match ups make games. UNC is better than us at this moment. It’s the truth. I don’t know when we as a fan base will ever face reality. If we show up like we have the last few weeks against NC State we will lose. UNC manhandled them and they’re a solid team.

Advertisement
Back