Artie Burns

You keep going to the well on this height thing. Tyrann still had elite measurables in other facets of the game and when you turned on the tape you saw a guy making plays, INTs, TDs, and fumbles. Not 2 PI calls a game because they have lazy *** feet.

Elite teaching or not he was being taught the techniques to succeed and he just didn't want to do them. Look at the majority of his penalties and they're BAD. Most DBs coaches do the same drills with the same techniques. Artie just didn't care to much cause he was athletic enough to get by, but precise route runners always gave him a very hard time.

Tyrann also had a whatever 40 time, but ive seen plenty of kids that ball out in college go in so many top rounds and do nothing, you cant go on that premiss that since hey he balled in college he must be good in the pros, because thats a false premiss, its all about tangibles and what they can do in the league, and artie has that, his technique can be coached up which for almost all of the rookies is a brand new thing

What intangibles does Artie bring to the table? I mean i get kids that ball in college sometimes don't make good pros. Look at Heisman Trophy winning QBs, but doesn't intangibles usually means something that can't really be defined or measured. You know like leadership, "it" factor, Heart, motor, never quits, nose for the ball, the ball just finds him....which one of those intangibles describes Artie?

I'm not trying to argue and i hope Artie does well. I was also the guy who used to say Artie was all this and all that and his 6 picks were the stuff of first rounders. Then the more you watched him play this year the more you scratch your head and when you make NFL poeple scratch their head at your play it's not a good look for you. I see a 4th round at best CB with a lot of work to do, but i don't get paid to make these decisions. Let's hope i'm wrong for Arties sake. He's a Cane and yes he can be a really good one, but if it hasn't clicked by now the odds say it might not click at all.

Herrera listed them to ya

He listed measurables not intangibles.

I'm not saying he can't be a really good corner. He's just further away and has a lot more work than most of our fans want to believe. Again just an opinion.

So you are asking for things he cant do?

Advertisement
All the best to Artie. I hope he has a long and successful career in the NFL and proves to be a great inspiration to his younger siblings. Godspeed.

Go Canes!

I agree with Fawk on this one. I do not see intangibles with Artie. I see natural measurables. Height, frame and speed. Now that will undoubtedly get him drafted. But I see more DVD than I do Sam Shields. I think Corn was/is the best cb on this team. I think he will end up more Sam Shields than DVD, but at this point I think DVD is a better comparison. All the guys listed made waaaayyyy more plays than Artie has in college. The honey badger was up for the **** heisman wasn't he? And I highly doubt he becomes better than Sam. Dude has been a great player the past few years. But its not out of the realm of possibility. I personally don't see it.

I think this is a good move for him and his family. He is doing the right thing. Kid is in a situation where he needs to make money sooner than later. Rookie deals are only like 3 yr deals anyway. If he can blaze a 40 at the combine, be taller than 6' and jump higher than say a 36 inch vert I could see him pushing into the top two rounds. And if he comes back and say gets hurt, he came back for nothing because he would end up in the same draft place a year later.

Good luck Artie. Now go become the best player you can.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back