Article: Taking a Closer Look at the 2013 Schedule

View as article
Not sure why everyone is concerned about UNC. Im not even concerned about VT. UF and FSU should be the only toss up games.

UF and FSU are the only two TEAMS to really be concerned about on the schedule. The other worries are harder to put your finger on, but still legit, like why on earth do we keep losing to UVa? How will we do freezing up at Pitt? Does UNC show up opn a Thursday night at their house? Concerns or no, I'm looking for that long overdue ACC championship to come this year. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Not sure why everyone is concerned about UNC. Im not even concerned about VT. UF and FSU should be the only toss up games.

Because UNC is a good team, return a really good QB and its on the road.

UF, @UNC, @FSU, @Pitt are the 4 tough games. VT and UVA should be wins but no sure things. Easy schedule overall but still some tough games.

Either FSU and UF are a toss ups and everything else is a win, or those are losses and a few more are toss ups.

Yes you get upsets every once in a while, but we will either make the jump back to a top ten team or we will continue to lose to the good teams on our schedule and struggle against middle of the pack ACC teams (which UNC, VT, and UVA are). I don't see much middle ground.

UF, @UNC, @FSU, @Pitt are the 4 tough games. VT and UVA should be wins but no sure things. Easy schedule overall but still some tough games.

Fedora don't scare me. Every year removed from having Butch's defensive recruits represents UNC moving backward.

Valid points. But I've got my oranage and green glasses on so everything is looking lovely right now lol.

Advertisement
Guys, Pitt plays AT Syracuse 6 days before our game, and we play at home 6 days before the game.

Nothing really to complain about and there is no schedule excuse for not winning that game.

Guys, Pitt plays AT Syracuse 6 days before our game, and we play at home 6 days before the game.

Nothing really to complain about and there is no schedule excuse for not winning that game.

LMAO...pitt is NOV and here it is Feb...great discussion

That Thanksgiving weekend game at Pitt back in 2003( UM's last Big East battle) was probably the coldest weekend of my life. Great time tailgating, but seriously, I think most of us were in a frozen stupor for much of that time.

Only difficult games should be
UF- Strong D that lost a lot of key players. Their offense shouldn't be a problem if our D improved.
@UNC- Renner is a good, senior QB with the best TE in the ACC in Ebron and a good sophomore receiver in Davis.
@FSU- Same as UF, lost some key players and O will be inexperienced. Very good chance we beat them if we improve.
I'd say VT is a dark-horse as Beamer usually has a strong team, but I'm not that worried with them at Sun Life.

Advertisement
That Thanksgiving weekend game at Pitt back in 2003( UM's last Big East battle) was probably the coldest weekend of my life. Great time tailgating, but seriously, I think most of us were in a frozen stupor for much of that time.
I was FROZEN but that game (and the whole **** season for that matter) was a blast.

Advertisement

I was there also. Froze my *** off but was well worth it when the whole Pitt crowd around me was gone by halftime

Advertisement
We better not lose to uva I cannot stand that team I hope we run up the score on them *******.

I would be very surprised if we beat Florida. Matt Jones is a beast and I don't see our front 7 being able to stop him.

UNC will be a win, they will have a terrible O-Line next year. Yeah their secondary will be good, but I like that matchup for us.

I say we blow FSU out this year. Seriously. I also think they lose 5 games. Their entire front 7 is gone, their QB is gone, they are ****ed.

@ Pitt in the cold smells like a trap game. Will be a good test to see how good of a coach Golden is.

VT is VT, they could be good. Depends on their QB.

UVA.... lol. This year we take them to the cleaners.

Final prediction: We lose to UF Gators, drop another random game, finish 10-2, and win the ACC championship over Clempson.

Last edited:
I have said this for a few years but it rings true this season more than ever. If we stay healthy we can win every game.

Advertisement
Back