Article on Patke and the rest of U staff coaches recruiting "success"

Freshman
Banned
https://www.diehards.com/miami/miami-recruiting-jonathan-patke-hire-class-2019

"During his lone month on the trail, Patke flashed the potential which could make him the Hurricanes’ most important recruiter on defense — at least in the front seven. Defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski, an incredibly well-respected technician — whiffed on 4-star defensive tackle Dennis Briggs and 3-star defensive tackle Jamarcus Chatman, although he did sign 4-star defensive tackle Nesta Silvera. Diaz, who is also Miami’s linebackers coach, was basically a non-factor as a recruiter this year. He failed to even secure official visits from 4-star safety Jamien Sherwood, 4-star inside linebacker Rosendo Louis, and 4-star outside linebackers Xavier Peters and Amari Gainer. Diaz has only signed one blue-chip prospect in his career. Kuligowski has managed four."

Advertisement
Advertisement
"Diaz, who is also Miami’s linebackers coach, was basically a non-factor as a recruiter this year. He failed to even secure official visits from 4-star safety Jamien Sherwood, 4-star inside linebacker Rosendo Louis, and 4-star outside linebackers Xavier Peters and Amari Gainer. Diaz has only signed one blue-chip prospect in his career. Kuligowski has managed four."

1518195000872.png

Switch Hartley to defensive recruiting. Let Dugans take over TE.

I think the point of promoting Patke was to make him the defense's "Hartley." Young, aggressive guy who can relate to and reel in kids on that side of the ball. I'm willing to give Patke a year to build relationships and make a difference - if we're having this same conversation February 2019, it's time for a change.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m telling you, Diaz has to go... period. I don’t trust him.

Yeah, I was done with Manny after last season's defensive performance. This is just icing on the cake. Not looking forward to next year's defense and, worse, based on coach Richt's history, his continued loyalty to Manny in the face of string evidence.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back