Article on Patke and the rest of U staff coaches recruiting "success"

Diaz can talk with the best of them, so I'd love to see him more active in recruiting. I think we need to overhaul some of the things we're doing on the defensive side in recruiting. My hope is that Patke can be the defense's Toddrick Hartley. We need more dogs on that side in recruiting.
An overhaul is definitely warranted and completely justified. On the defensive side, South Florida is loaded with elite DB's every year. Considering that fact, as well as the fact that recruiting is not Rumph's strength, I think it would male since to make South Florida an assigned territory, like Duval is for Hartley.

Hartley recruits Duval, regardless of what side of the ball the target is on. Why not do the same with South Florida. The agressive play is to switch Hartley to Dade/Broward. The more sensible move may be to make Patke, the area recruiter this year for SF, and see how he handles it!

Advertisement
An overhaul is definitely warranted and completely justified. On the defensive side, South Florida is loaded with elite DB's every year. Considering that fact, as well as the fact that recruiting is not Rumph's strength, I think it would male since to make South Florida an assigned territory, like Duval is for Hartley.

Hartley recruits Duval, regardless of what side of the ball the target is on. Why not do the same with South Florida. The agressive play is to switch Hartley to Dade/Broward. The more sensible move may be to make Patke, the area recruiter this year for SF, and see how he handles it!

I like the idea but part of the reason I think Hartley recruits so well in Duval and Georgia is he’s familiar with those areas and has a southern draw and southern roots and ITV works amazing in those areas.

I think SFLa is a totally different beast, I almost think the Dade Broward kids may find Hartley cheesy. We need a guy with SFLa roots and an aggressive recruiter.

Just my opinion

Easy to spin “losses” in recruiting and pass it off as knowledge. The statistics are always in your favor.

Diehards are hacks like most others.

Diaz has a history of fielding better defenses in his first year on a job than he does in his second. I think we were better in 2016 no matter what stats people want to drag out. Hope he turns it around in 2018 because we were pretty awful stopping some really pedestrian QBs.
What, You forgot the lack of holding calls? Culminating in the CMR explosion @ OB. I'll leave it up to the more experienced CMR watchers to decide, but I have never seen/heard of him reacting that way before.

Were the lack of calls an anomaly? I do not think so. The bias against our U is real and has been shown time and time again (stolen ships, NCAA deliberately extending cloud for as long as possible (blame Shalala more for this than for anything else she may have done to our Sports progs, the BOT was ready to sue, she said no), and yes, regular game calls routinely going against us (except 8-lat @ Duke, still big smile every time I think about it).

I am on record that MD2 needs to take more responsibility for D side recruiting, but to say that his defense(s) so far aren't headed up is simply not accurate. Unfortunate that we have to overcome all the bias, but that is what makes us the U, gives us the Swag to say F U...World we are The U and we going to outwork you and beat you so hard, don't matter what a couple of zebras doing. That is what we have to get back to and by all indications, we definitely stormin and surging.

Why is the DC so quiet in recruiting? Diaz’s talk game is superb. Surprised that wouldn’t be much more beneficial on the recruiting front.

probably because recruits are hearing it from other teams that diaz is a gimmick and full of it

Advertisement
For those suggesting to move Hartley to South Florida, you crazy!!!Leave Hartley in Duval....don't mess with what is working. That guy is a monster and has a great reputation there..we can compete with anyone overthere...find new dogs for South Florida..kids here are a different bread

I think the point of promoting Patke was to make him the defense's "Hartley." Young, aggressive guy who can relate to and reel in kids on that side of the ball. I'm willing to give Patke a year to build relationships and make a difference - if we're having this same conversation February 2019, it's time for a change.
we didnt see his impact in storm 18 cause is was too late, we will see if hes the goods in 19.........I think this dude will pull studs we shall see.

Advertisement
I'm officially done with El Jefe.. He's who we think he is! All of our DEFENSIVE COACHES WHIFFED.... Richt couldn't even convince Chatman we were the place to be. Embarassing is putting things nicely.

Embarrassing would suggest you don't like any of the defensive players we signed.....is that the case?

You guys are taking the opinion of David Wilson as the gospel simply because you want to.

We stopped recruiting Louis, Sherwood & Gainer. That's why they didn't take an OV & Louis actually did visit campus with his Father in the Summer.

Gainer was trolling so we cooled on him because he wasn't showing legit interest.

The staff zeroed in on Joyner from the Spring while he was committed to FSU & stuck with it all the way till December & flipped him.

When we land Sam Brooks, Jesiah Pierre & Jahmar Brown, or the many of the other 19 LB's people won't have anything to say.

I get everyone is on suicide watch because the greatest CB's to ever live didn't pick Miami, but I think many of yall wallow in misery too much. Steed, Wilder & Jennings were good pickups but no one thinks so because it doesn't fit the narrative.

It's cool El, let it go.
Better that they wallow and rag in their own threads than derail others.

GO CANES

If Parke showed Richt that he is good enough on the road then I'm ok with the hire. On offense we have a lot of great recruiters with questionable coaching and the defensive staff is the opposite.

Advertisement
The staff zeroed in on Joyner from the Spring while he was committed to FSU & stuck with it all the way till December & flipped him.

When we land Sam Brooks, Jesiah Pierre & Jahmar Brown, or the many of the other 19 LB's people won't have anything to say.

I get everyone is on suicide watch because the greatest CB's to ever live didn't pick Miami, but I think many of yall wallow in misery too much. Steed, Wilder & Jennings were good pickups but no one thinks so because it doesn't fit the narrative.
raw

"Diaz, who is also Miami’s linebackers coach, was basically a non-factor as a recruiter this year. He failed to even secure official visits from 4-star safety Jamien Sherwood, 4-star inside linebacker Rosendo Louis, and 4-star outside linebackers Xavier Peters and Amari Gainer. Diaz has only signed one blue-chip prospect in his career. Kuligowski has managed four."

View attachment 58288
what dont you people get that we werent recruiting LB's this year like that. We took 6 to two years previous. Is Joyner chop liver?
Peters didnt visit because he couldnt qualify.

Advertisement
We just pulled in a top 10 class but 1 article can ruin it all I guess lol some of y'all are just too **** dramatic and never satisfied... Is the class perfect? Nope, but it sure as **** has talent ... Diaz ain't perfect either but he's the best we've had lately

Advertisement
Back