Article on Patke and the rest of U staff coaches recruiting "success"

Yeah richt and the guys have it locked down in recruiting on offense. Maybe some of them need to recruit our defensive targets too. In addition to that the defense was stacked last year but allowed below average qbs to eat them up in some games or have career days at times. That’s on Diaz because he had a full allotment of players. Richt meanwhile had inaccurate rosier, lost basically the top 2 players on the team in Walton and Richards and the unit was still serviceable for the most part.

You never really hear about Diaz in recruiting either.
look my jury is still out on Diaz, but our offense was big play or 3 and out. We didnt have great DB depth. We had injuries to the LB core back ups. We couldnt get a holding call all year. Im not goin to totally bash the guy when his defense is not 2-3 deep at each position.

Advertisement
Brooks is the real deal, people on here dont know how good this kid really is. I think most are sleeping on how good this pickup is
Will be the biggest steal in this class without a doubt. Stupid Elite.

I think the point of promoting Patke was to make him the defense's "Hartley." Young, aggressive guy who can relate to and reel in kids on that side of the ball. I'm willing to give Patke a year to build relationships and make a difference - if we're having this same conversation February 2019, it's time for a change.
I 100% agree with you! People keep putting patkes hire down without understanding the purpose of his hiring. Im sure pastor richt don’t give an f about his coaching skills he has Diaz to do coaching he wants him to bring kids. Patke was the one who open the door to possibility of getting Coburn. People trust the process! Pastor richt has a plan and it seems to be that it is a good one

It's been said on here many times already, but I'll say it one mo'gen -- some of y'all whine just for the sake of whinin'. Always 8itchin' and moanin' about sumthin'. Get a hold of yourselves. ****! Naggin' is a female trait. Sit back and enjoy the ride a little.

Advertisement
I think the criticism on Diaz's LB recruiting is unfair. We target LBs and get them.

2016 we got three stud LBs. One of which, McCloud, had to be reeled back in, IIRC. So they weren't all given to Diaz on a silver platter.

2017 we brought in three more LBs. Two of those being the best from SoFla in Steed and Wilder. Isn't that what we want in our recruiting strategy, to get the best out of SoFla? Then we stole a legacy commit from FSU in Jennings. No small task there.

2018's stated strategy from the beginning was to only bring in one LB. Again, we stole a commit from FSU. I do think looking back we should've taken two now knowing Owens' transfer, but that's one of those hindsight things.

2019 we should bring in four stud LBs. Pierre already committed is probably the best LB in central Florida. Brooks is one of the best in SoFla. Just need to add two more and the numbers going forward will be fine. Hopefully those two are Huff & Solomon out of STA.

they might prefer to develop young coaches loyal to them and the U then wind up with guys like Kool who leave whenever they get a better offer.

I 100% agree with you! People keep putting patkes hire down without understanding the purpose of his hiring. Im sure pastor richt don’t give an f about his coaching skills he has Diaz to do coaching he wants him to bring kids. Patke was the one who open the door to possibility of getting Coburn. People trust the process! Pastor richt has a plan and it seems to be that it is a good one

So we’re hiring unqualified coaches for almost getting a recruit to sign?

Advertisement
Funny that people will quote or trust "diehards" to form an argument against our coaches. Why don't you just say you hate Diaz and hope he fails so you can pound your chest and say i told you so. That is more important to a lot of people on here than winning games i would guess

Has diehards EVER said a good word about Miami? No they haven't and do you want to know why? It's very easy to get clicks and make a name for yourself for bashing The U. The writer is a hack and cherry picks facts that tell a very narrow view of the narrative and all the Diaz haters come out of the wood work and claim this is some damning evidence of his failures. What a bunch of sad toolbags in here.

Someone said it earlier, for years all you whiny little beoyotches said lock down the tri counties, get the best players from there and we'll be good. We'll for 3 years in a row we've pulled the best LBs out of the tri county area. Why all the fuss now? Do you all not believe in your own words? Or is it just that you will be wishy washy and change your stance when the facts don't support your own narrative

look my jury is still out on Diaz, but our offense was big play or 3 and out. We didnt have great DB depth. We had injuries to the LB core back ups. We couldnt get a holding call all year. Im not goin to totally bash the guy when his defense is not 2-3 deep at each position.
Exactly how I feel, between the lack of holding calls and the extreme amount of time that D would be on the field because of the awfense (Malik) . Add O line issues on 3rd down. Diaz and the defense did one heck of a job. Kept this team in so many games, that if they let up we would of lost for sure. UNC is the major one I think of.

Manny is who we thought he was...

All he did was take us from a 90th total defense to a 50th rank defense and everyone thinks he is this great DC.
50th?!? Try Top 20 Defense...15 this season actually.

Advertisement
We’re still losing to teams with inferior talent. I am not concerned with the 4th best v. 8th best recruiting ranking. I am actually concerned with actual coaching and development.

Even under ALbortion and Radio, the talent was there to do much better. And that 2013 team, how many players ended up starting games in the NFL?

We just brought in a really good class, recruiting isn’t the issue.

Don't disagree with you entirely but it does also take time to change a culture and instill a winning instinct in a team. It's a process and we are heading in the right direction, put in a consistent QB and we are going to be staying at the top of the coastal.

Advertisement
Back