article on Georgia's $200 million spending spree

Advertisement
I dont get how anyone would be mad at meyer.....i bet they would suck him off and worship him if we won a title and became elite. Anyone not wanting a instant savage hire isnt a UM football fan. Maybe a miami as a whole fan.....i dont know anymore. Give me an elite guaranteed savage that knows the modern game and can go toe to toe with saban for sfla and oos elites

If Meyer had been “available” when Richt retired, I’d be really difficult to be around right now if we hadn’t opened up the checkbook for him. Could pay that guy $10M/year, plus another $5M for staff, and it’d be worth 10 times that to the school.

And I hate the guys fcking guts and don’t respect him as a person whatsoever.

But, we are where we are. Let’s hope Manny works out. Meyer will be at USC by the time this job would open up again if it doesn’t work out. So let’s hope it does.

If Meyer had been “available” when Richt retired, I’d be really difficult to be around right now if we hadn’t opened up the checkbook for him. Could pay that guy $10M/year, plus another $5M for staff, and it’d be worth 10 times that to the school.

But, we are where we are. Let’s hope Manny works out. Meyer will be at USC by the time this job would open up again if it doesn’t work out. So let’s hope it does.

Meyers is creepy, and scum. W that being said, he would absolutely kill it here and would become instant hero.

First thing first; lets give Manny a shot. I’m just waiting for ACC play to roll around and see what this team has learned

Advertisement
If anyone thinks we are going to compete regularly with these guys, no matter who the coach is, we are fooling ourselves. It’s an unfair playing field. The only coach that could maybe help us go toe to toe with Clemson, Bama and UGA is Meyer. And that won’t happen.

You think Meyer is going to yield the same results without a UF or tOSU budget?

Advertisement
I gotta disagree on that one bro. I work with a few guys with private jets and they are far from suckers. The other options are 100% the more cost effective option, but it is kind of like saying "Why buy that Louis Vuittion shirt when you can buy an underarmour shirt for a fraction of the price and it is much better for performance".

Unless you've negotiated it as such, and your company is footing the tab, paying for your own jet is a financially irresponsible move. That said, if you have so much money to where it doesn't matter then so be it. If it flies, floats or f**ks, you're better off renting.

Ok, but your analogy is a poor one. As you said, it’s more cost efficient not to own. Every situation is different and if you’re in the air nearly every day, it could make more sense to own your jet, but for the vast majority of private jet fliers, you can fly a newer, nicer plane at a lower total cost (and certainly more flexible and less FIXED cost) by not owning.

But hey, every situation is different. And there are certainly more considerations than just cost. That’s why I included vanity in addition to sucker.

Yes, but you can customize your own private jet and make everything exactly as you want it. When you charter you are stuck with whatever they have. That is basically my point. If you are going to buy a jet and keep it for years than yes, you will be stuck with the old model, but if you are frequently buying new you will end up with a better product than what you could lease.

Unless you've negotiated it as such, and your company is footing the tab, paying for your own jet is a financially irresponsible move. That said, if you have so much money to where it doesn't matter then so be it. If it flies, floats or f**ks, you're better off renting.

These are obviously the type of people I am referring to. I am not saying an NFL player or other upper middle class/low tier rich people should be buying jets.

People love to say "Winning football is great for the school". In reality, most of the schools that have gone ALL IN on football are also some of the ****tiest institutions out there. It's not an accident that the AP Top 25, and the Wall Street Journal college rankings look NOTHING alike. You do get an application boost, but if you aren't offering legit faculty and resources for the best and brightest, then no one cares. Alabama can win every single national title for the next decade, most people would still be ****ed if their high achieving child ended up there.

Modern collegiate athletics are a vanity contest for old alumni with nothing better to do with their money. Period. A lot of these schools would be better off without the arms race, without prostituting themselves for a couple of wins.

Advertisement

Or rolls. Basically, buying new is a poor economic allocation of funds.

Or rolls. Basically, buying new is a poor economic allocation of funds.

That is why I made the LV and UA comparison. Buying LV clothes is a poor economic allocation of funds when you can buy a much cheaper model from UA that will last just as long and actually give you some benefit while wearing it.

That is why I made the LV and UA comparison. Buying LV clothes is a poor economic allocation of funds when you can buy a much cheaper model from UA that will last just as long and actually give you some benefit while wearing it.

But that’s not flying net jet vs owning a 10 year old G4, that’s a G6 vs flying Southwest.

Advertisement

Hes a piece of **** but those are the great coaches in the college game. Even if we pay him that much he will make that money back to the U ten fold.

But that’s not flying net jet vs owning a 10 year old G4, that’s a G6 vs flying Southwest.

Not really its like comparing a fully suped up 757 or a fully tricked out Air Bus to flying a net jet. Look at some of the crazy jets the super rich oil money guys in the middle east are flying around in. They literally schit on the best stuff you can charter or lease.

$200 mil and you're getting close to equaling about 20% of that school's total endowment. All to be an "also-ran" until Sabag starts to falter. F em and F Curby.

Advertisement
Back