article on Georgia's $200 million spending spree

Advertisement
What you do is pay the coaches which they will pay the recruits to come. People will come and watch us play in the national spotlight and we will make a big portion of ACC revenue, tv deals, merchandise etc. But this administration is scared or corrupt.

Legit questions - how does winning give you more of the allocated TV revenues or of the ACC revenue? I always thought it was portioned equitably across each school in the ACC? Same with the ACCDN revenues. I know merchandise sales go to the school so there’s that chunk of change. Don’t the schools who are swinging phat stacks all get the majority of their funding from private donors? I’d be interested in seeing how much Miami brings in through its various avenues of revenue and how that money is spent. I know I know we’re a private school but it would be interesting to see. That, and how many booster funding we generate on an annual basis.

Ok, but your analogy is a poor one. As you said, it’s more cost efficient not to own. Every situation is different and if you’re in the air nearly every day, it could make more sense to own your jet, but for the vast majority of private jet fliers, you can fly a newer, nicer plane at a lower total cost (and certainly more flexible and less FIXED cost) by not owning.

But hey, every situation is different. And there are certainly more considerations than just cost. That’s why I included vanity in addition to sucker.
On second thought maybe I won't buy.

Little to none. Schools don't spend tax dollars on athletics these days and haven't for a long time.
The schools get millions in tax dollars if we cut them off they would have less to spend on BS like this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back