Article: Jedd Fisch Is Gone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Oh really...in that case you don't care about Jimmy Johnson, Howard, Butch, Erickson, Pagano, Chud, and countless others that have moved on....
Unreal some of you...the man has a great opportunity to advance in his career and he gets persecuted on this site...what childish behavior!

Get a grip and stop being puzzies!

I only care about Canes. That piece of **** just turned in his cane card. Not a cane.

All helped us win a national title...this dude left before completing the mission and his departure at this time could be costly.

Jedd Fisch statement:

"I want to thank President [Donna] Shalala, Athletic Director Blake James, Coach [Al] Golden, the coaching staff and all of the incredible student-athletes that I have come in contact with since joining the program [in] January 2011. There are 32 NFL Offensive Coordinator jobs and the opportunity to become the Jacksonville Jaguars Offensive Coordinator this year was based on all of the successes our program has had in the past two years. I am so excited to watch the Miami Hurricane and Jacksonville Jaguar football teams compete for and win championships this year and the years to come. There is no doubt that this program is one of the premiere in the country and I am grateful that I can always say I am part of the Hurricane Family.”

Would Cristbol as OC be an option? Who would be offered the job?

I'd prefer to have somebody other than Cristobal. His background is the OL. I'd rather have somebody who has worked with QBs and knows the passing game from the skill side of things. There are plenty out there, I'm sure. Timing is not good, but what can you do?

If he had waited until after signing day there would have been a lot of ****ed recruits, although we were not really recruiting a lot of QBs and WRs this year. The OL could probably hardly care less, the RBs probably not so much either.

Advertisement
At first I was like ****!!! But when you think about it, it better that it happened this weekend so Al can look at our 2 most important offensive recruits (Olsen and Colin's) and let them know what his plan is. We were going to lose fisch sometime and it might as well be now. His leaving only affects the offensive skill position recruits. Olsen will more than likely stay, Collins decision won't be effected too much and Coley isn't a necessity per se. It would be worse if it happened next year because we will be after more skill positions than this year. A lot of Offensive coaches are going to want to make a name for themselves as an O-coordinator and we have the horses to make them look great. We will be fine stop stressing.

Good luck to fisch.

Worst timing ever for recruiting! Hopefully Olsen sticks but we can say bye to Coley and Collins in sure. F$$$ this sucks so bad. At least this a small class and mostly on defense so it won't kill us on recruiting.

I don't know why this would have such an effect on a RB. Maybe a WR or QB, but not necessarily a RB. It seems Fisch was much more of a passing game coach anyway. That's consistent with his Spurrier heritage. We might bring in somebody who is more dedicated to both.

Advertisement
I liked Fisch alot, mainly because I dont think his success with our QBs cannot be disputed. I am not however entirely surprised by this at all, him and Bradley have a relationship from their time in Seattle, and he will certainly be getting a large pay raise, and I cant fault him for taking that either. Ive seen a few posters discussing the timing of his departure due to where we are in the recruiting cycle, and while I see the point, I dont agree that this will really have an impact on recruiting. I think the offensive players already committed will not be swayed by this move and most of the kids we are trying to finish the class with are defensive players. As for replacing him, even with the certainty of sanctions being handed down soon, but the unknown severity of those sanctions when you consider the offensive talent on the roster right now and considering what we will be going forward with at the skill positions, it should be an attractive position for somebody willing work at that pay grade. We were able to take Fisch from the NFL, so it wouldnt surprise me to see us land a recently dismissed NFL offensive assistant coach, who could look at what Fisch did, what we have coming back and see this job as their ticket back to the NFL. If it isnt another NFL guy, I would expect it to be an established guy from college who has a good record of working with QBs and knows the recruiting game, maybe a guy looking to make the jump from up from a smaller program.

Last edited:
I look at this as a +! We all knew that he would be leaving. Now who ever Golden brings in will be here, hopefully, for at least a few years. Therefore, Olsen can learn the system and grow on it.

I would rather Jebb leave now instead of next year, or worse 2 years from now and have Olsen under a new system in his Soph or Junior year.

Is this to much simply logic for this board? Why doesn't anyone see this? We all know Golden is going to get an OC that is competent, if not great, and with our talent, we are going to be good!

Our fans need to understand that this is Golden's system not Jedd's. Jedd was hired to install an offense for Golden. The next that's hired will come in and come up to speed with the new system so the entire offensive roster doesn't have to learn the new system. In today's coaching world you have to set it up this way. Coaches will come and go but the system will stay the same.

Golden is sharp. Quit thinking just because someone leaves it means we go back to square one on implementing new systems.

SMD tweets that she is told Al is big admirer of Duke's passing game. Perhaps lubick is on the list.

To look on the bright side, maybe we can get a consistent running game with a new coordinator. The running game was pretty underwhelming at times considering how big/good the offense line is.

Advertisement
Back