2024 Artavius Jones 4* DT from Blountstown FL

We might have a DT get drafted in the first round this year and all we have to show for it is one middle of the pack DT that we can't even lock down. Who has the best spin for this?
That should honestly help recruiting going forward.. point to recent draft success

This year definitely was a swing for a homerun on 4 ABs and ended with a dribbler to beat the shift for a single with Artavius

Advertisement
So, we have the money to recruit considerably better at LB and WR under this staff but not DT 🤔. Yeah I think Joe has a lot to do with it. Simply isn't connecting to recruits and the results show it. It was confirmed our offers to Stone & Scott were high but chose elsewhere for other reasons. The lack of wins holds weight yet we recruit other positions well.
Correct. Show me a position that costs more than DT? maybe QB.

Look, it's not magic. Obviously our coin purse is light.

Show me am elite QB or DT the last 2 cycles. I'll hang up and listen. May as well add WR, until this cycle. Still no JS.

Miami needs to up the bag period. You cannot lose Jones. But I think he’s gone. That means this program somehow needs to add 4 DTs minimum in the portal. Horton and Moton need to improve and now with Burroughs potentially leaving we really screwed up. Better hope Harrison Hunte comes back. He’s at least soliD.

JHH and Taylor were both Diaz recruits. It's interesting that the coach everyone said was a terrible recruiter was better at recruiting DTs than "elite" recruiter Cristobal.

Advertisement
That should honestly help recruiting going forward.. point to recent draft success

This year definitely was a swing for a homerun on 4 ABs and ended with a dribbler to beat the shift for a single with Artavius

We had a lot of whiffs, but Jones is nowhere near a beat the shift single. We need 2 more HS DTs and minimum 2 portals as well though

JHH and Taylor were both Diaz recruits. It's interesting that the coach everyone said was a terrible recruiter was better at recruiting DTs than "elite" recruiter Cristobal.
Diaz isn’t close to the recruiter Mario is. But that’s a fair point on DTs. I can’t fathom that Mario can’t land DTs. He needs to hire a DT coach who’s worth a crap

Correct. Show me a position that costs more than DT? maybe QB.

Look, it's not magic. Obviously our coin purse is light.

Show me am elite QB or DT the last 2 cycles. I'll hang up and listen. May as well add WR, until this cycle. Still no JS.
And my best guess is we do open up the wallet for a portal qb yet continue to struggle at DT. Landing a couple solid at best portal DT's and keeping Artavius plus 1/2 of LT or JHH seems like the best possible outcome for us.

And my best guess is we do open up the wallet for a portal qb yet continue to struggle at DT. Landing a couple solid at best portal DT's and keeping Artavius plus 1/2 of LT or JHH seems like the best possible outcome for us.
Hate to be that guy but Artavius gone. That's why I'm up in my feelings. It's ground hog day again.

Advertisement
Arguably the two most important positions in college football, QB and DT have been completely mismanaged since Mario has been hired.

Joe is the only coach I’m showing the door this offseason. We are about to have a DT drafted in the first round and Joe still can’t recruit the position. DTs should be lining up to play in this system.

Arguably the two most important positions in college football, QB and DT have been completely mismanaged since Mario has been hired.

Joe is the only coach I’m showing the door this offseason. We are about to have a DT drafted in the first round and Joe still can’t recruit the position. DTs should be lining up to play in this system.
Not sure about LT being a first rounder but all else is 💯

We haven’t faired well recruiting DTs since butch. You can add WR, Corners, and QB to that list.

The most expensive players. Are we gonna be willing to open up the purse?

Advertisement
We haven’t faired well recruiting DTs since butch. You can add WR, Corners, and QB to that list.

The most expensive players. Are we gonna be willing to open up the purse?
It's weird Mario kills it at some positions and gets killed in others. I feel like the wr class we have so far with Ray Ray and Washington has to be the best in 10 or 15 years, we used to be happy with O line classes like Scaife and Cleveland also couldn't recruit LB at all before. We usually do decent at RB recruiting but if we add Lyle to it not sure we have recruited classes like that either.

Advertisement
I’m the minority, but I’d like to the keep Joe. DLine showed clear development from last year and kept the LBers clean to make play for the first time in years. There are some promising young guys that will be given a chance next year to shine.

Let’s see how the portal/recruiting shakes out first.

Anyone still calling Mario "elite" after Emory and Judd should be waterboarded.
Agreed which is why we are better going the Clemson route with small Top 10 classes so we can strategically allocate funds for positions like QB and DT instead of spreading our funds across large classes that are spotty.

Advertisement
Back