2024 Artavius Jones 4* DT from Blountstown FL

Advertisement
He is a top 5 priority of guys who Miami need to sign in December. But exactly as you said, he probably comes out of signing day as the a top 3 if not they Top unsigned DT in the country. Price of the brick going up.
Well I hope the price of those stay the same

This is why if you rely solely on recruiting in building your team, it’s not a wise strategy in todays college football.

It needs to be a combination of both and we don’t have any DT recruits. That’s just unbelievable to me.

Throw a big massive bag and try to get Deon Walker from Kentucky.
Walker isn't leaving big blue, unfortunately. He would be a huge get, if he did.

Go Canes

Wasn’t he just on campus last week? Something isn’t adding up

Ohhhh yes it is adding up, it's just gonna add up to more than UM may want to spend. Someone very NIL savy has gotten to Jones, because he is now talking about FSU & Colorado both of whom are gonna drop ridiculous NIL deal$$$$ to overhaul their trenches.

So his math is adding up to life changing numbers coming from Blountstown, FL were the per capita income is $19k and the per capita household income is $37k so we unfortunately can't fault the young man for trying to feed the family now!.

Go Canes

Last edited:
At what point, with the portal, does HS recruiting some of these positions become a luxury, not a necessity? What is the cost and hit rate on 4/5* DT from HS vs hiring a proven guy for a year or two? How much have we been paying for LT vs what would it cost for a Deen level guy who can play 1T? While you can’t bring in a whole roster in the portal why not load up on the trenches since most OL/DL recruits don’t really contribute for 2-3 years. Save the HS recruiting for the skill positions.

Advertisement
Ohhhh yes it is adding up, it's just gonna add up to more than UM may want to spend. Someone very NIL savy has gotten to Jones, because he is now talking about FSU & Colorado both of whom are gonna drop ridiculous NIL deal$$$$ to overhaul their trenches.

So his math is adding up to life changing numbers coming from Blountstown, FL were the per capita income is $19k and the per capita household income is $37k so we unfortunately can't fault the young man for trying to feed the family now!.

Go Canes
But but Deion said they don’t buy recruits

Big Joe...
shaking-head-disappointed.gif

Advertisement
At what point, with the portal, does HS recruiting some of these positions become a luxury, not a necessity? What is the cost and hit rate on 4/5* DT from HS vs hiring a proven guy for a year or two? How much have we been paying for LT vs what would it cost for a Deen level guy who can play 1T? While you can’t bring in a whole roster in the portal why not load up on the trenches since most OL/DL recruits don’t really contribute for 2-3 years. Save the HS recruiting for the skill positions.
This. When you can find a ready to play body with two years from say FAU or another G5 level that will take that dollar figure and be an all conference player it should settle this down.

I want 75% of our class and kids to be from the HS ranks but if your getting into bidding wars why not get the for sure thing and get through these “suck tax” years

Advertisement
I don't remember a position ever being recruited more poorly then DT at Miami this year. The whole point of hiring Mario is to NOT be in this type of position. I've said this before but if he can't get quality DTs, CBs, and QBs, he's a huge net negative because he obviously sucks gameday.

Advertisement
I don't remember a position ever being recruited more poorly then DT at Miami this year. The whole point of hiring Mario is to NOT be in this type of position. I've said this before but if he can't get quality DTs, CBs, and QBs, he's a huge net negative because he obviously sucks gameday.
Al Golden styling on these fools when it comes to DT crootin...

Beyond pathetic...

I don't remember a position ever being recruited more poorly than DT at Miami this year. The whole point of hiring Mario is to NOT be in this type of position. I've said this before but if he can't get quality DTs, CBs, and QBs, he's a huge net negative because he obviously sucks gameday.
This year??!!!
Bro… elite dt recruiting has been absent for 20 years.

This is much worse than Rumph ever did recruiting cbs.

Advertisement
Back