2024 Artavius Jones 4* DT from Blountstown FL

This year??!!!
Bro… elite dt recruiting has been absent for 20 years.
I'd be fine with average DT recruiting, assuming Jones decommits Miami only has Dylan Russell who shouldn't even be a take. That's insanely bad, especially since the coaches were bragging about pulling in the best d line class in the country.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'd be fine with average DT recruiting, assuming Jones decommits Miami only has Dylan Russell who shouldn't even be a take. That's insanely bad, especially since the coaches were bragging about pulling in the best d line class ever.
And the expectation is to grab 3+ high-caliber DTs in the portal, when DMoney literally admitted in the Michigan/UGA thread that elite talent is not only hard to come by in the portal, but it’s sought after by everyone. Alllll the big time programs.

Last portal cycle we prioritized DT, and had a few whiffs while ending up with Deen (good, not great) and Gore.

This HS class “it was personal”…well one month out and the recruits must’ve missed the message.

Something’s gotta change, and fast. Too many failures on that front spanning multiple classes now.

I don't remember a position ever being recruited more poorly then DT at Miami this year. The whole point of hiring Mario is to NOT be in this type of position. I've said this before but if he can't get quality DTs, CBs, and QBs, he's a huge net negative because he obviously sucks gameday.

This is the truth.

Mario's recruiting has been an absolute disappointment. Top 10 recruiting classes MINIMUM to stack talent was a must. To have this many holes in the roster heading into year three is big trouble.

And given he's an utter failure on game day, the hire appears to be a bust.

Ohhhh yes it is adding up, it's just gonna add up to more than UM may want to spend. Someone very NIL savy has gotten to Jones, because he is now talking about FSU & Colorado both of whom are gonna drop ridiculous NIL deal$$$$ to overhaul their trenches.

So his math is adding up to life changing numbers coming from Blountstown, FL were the per capita income is $19k and the per capita household income is $37k so we unfortunately can't fault the young man for trying to feed the family now!.

Go Canes
Cane have offered 17k a month as I stated several months ago.
Ohhhh yes it is adding up, it's just gonna add up to more than UM may want to spend. Someone very NIL savy has gotten to Jones, because he is now talking about FSU & Colorado both of whom are gonna drop ridiculous NIL deal$$$$ to overhaul their trenches.

So his math is adding up to life changing numbers coming from Blountstown, FL were the per capita income is $19k and the per capita household income is $37k so we unfortunately can't fault the young man for trying to feed the family now!.

Go Canes
Canes offered 17k a month NIL as I stated several months ago but it’s definitely going to come down to $’s the Noles offer. He’s not going to Colorado unless the pay him huge $.

Advertisement
This is why if you rely solely on recruiting in building your team, it’s not a wise strategy in todays college football.

It needs to be a combination of both and we don’t have any DT recruits. That’s just unbelievable to me.

Throw a big massive bag and try to get Deon Walker from Kentucky.
Watching Peek-A-Boo GIF by V5MT

Advertisement
Wasn’t this kid the one with the rumored grade issues? That could be a possible reason he’s waiting until February

Advertisement
Only 2 things will improve DT recruiting fellas. Money and wins.

Seems somehow, Miami has neither. Stop believing in fairy tales about portal, and recruits. Miami has not faired well in any world.

My eyes have shown me that hasn't changed during the season .

Its a hard pill, but change my mind.

Seems somehow, Miami has neither. Stop believing in fairy tales about portal, and recruits. Miami has not faired well in any world.

Last I checked, 130 other schools can land DTs. We can’t even land 3* kids or elect not to. DT is as much about numbers as OL. We are around 11-12 OL over 3 classes. We are looking at 3 DT!

Advertisement

So, we have the money to recruit considerably better at LB and WR under this staff but not DT 🤔. Yeah I think Joe has a lot to do with it. Simply isn't connecting to recruits and the results show it. It was confirmed our offers to Stone & Scott were high but chose elsewhere for other reasons. The lack of wins holds weight yet we recruit other positions well.

We might have a DT get drafted in the first round this year and all we have to show for it is one middle of the pack DT that we can't even lock down. Who has the best spin for this?

I don't remember a position ever being recruited more poorly then DT at Miami this year. The whole point of hiring Mario is to NOT be in this type of position. I've said this before but if he can't get quality DTs, CBs, and QBs, he's a huge net negative because he obviously sucks gameday.
Wide receiver at the end of the Coker Era with Brian Monroe living up there was close.

Cane have offered 17k a month as I stated several months ago.

Canes offered 17k a month NIL as I stated several months ago but it’s definitely going to come down to $’s the Noles offer. He’s not going to Colorado unless the pay him huge $.
Miami needs to up the bag period. You cannot lose Jones. But I think he’s gone. That means this program somehow needs to add 4 DTs minimum in the portal. Horton and Moton need to improve and now with Burroughs potentially leaving we really screwed up. Better hope Harrison Hunte comes back. He’s at least soliD.

Advertisement
Back