Art Briles interviews for Southern Miss OC

duke4heisman

Let's go Brandon!
Just saw this on college football live, haven't seen it on here. I figured he would sneak back in at some point and obviously it's not a done deal, just figured with all the talk about him ( consensus that he would never coach in college again) and Kendal (now at FSU) during our OC situation, I would post. Definitely interested to see what transpires, morals aside, Art is an offensive genius and will definitely bring excitement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Richt had an opportunity as one of the only head coaches in the game who had the cache to pull off "rehabilitating" Art Briles.
I could see that with Richt but highly doubtful at Miami. Don't remember who the HC at SMU is but he's got balls!

I could see that with Richt but highly doubtful at Miami. Don't remember who the HC at SMU is but he's got balls!

If he would have come to them after the Wisconsin game and said he'd hire an OC, but this is my guy, the conditions might have been right. It would make sense for Richt too, because he would have had the leverage necessary to burden Art with Jon Richt (becoming line 1 on Jon's resume as an offensive coach).

If he would have come to them after the Wisconsin game and said he'd hire an OC, but this is my guy, the conditions might have been right. It would make sense for Richt too, because he would have had the leverage necessary to burden Art with Jon Richt (becoming line 1 on Jon's resume as an offensive coach).
It's possible, especially with the administration giving so much leeway to Richt. Although I doubt Richt being the person he is, would've even considered it.

Advertisement
People act like the stuff that went down at Baylor doesn't happen anywhere else. It does. They just haven't been exposed yet. There are a lot of P5 coaches who do not deserve a job if Art Briles doesn't. Kendal Briles gets crucified for the whole "do u like white girls" but that's a recruiting pitch at every program when kids take their official visit.

People act like the stuff that went down at Baylor doesn't happen anywhere else. It does. They just haven't been exposed yet. There are a lot of P5 coaches who do not deserve a job if Art Briles doesn't. Kendal Briles gets crucified for the whole "do u like white girls" but that's a recruiting pitch at every program when kids take their official visit.

I don't know if it's as widespread as you claim, but the bottom line is what transpired @ Baylor can be attributed to institutional failure, and was much bigger than just Art Briles. He without a doubt deserves another opportunity.

You’re kidding bro right ?

Advertisement
Time heals all wounds. He’ll be back coaching soon enough.

And we shoud’ve went after Kendal either way. Yes, Enos is an upgrade and I like him. But Kendal Briles is a superstar, and it was only a matter of time before a big school came calling. FSU made a **** of a move. And I haven’t seen any mass boycotts of the FSU program since the hire was announced, so just as I said on this board many times, nobody cares. Or at least not enough people care to really matter.

Art will be back in the game soon enough. And he’ll put up huge numbers, and people will complain that he’s a scumbag (which he is), but more people will cheer for his offenses on Saturdays.

Man, there are a lot of scumbags out there. What Briles did should have resulted in criminal charges. This isn't some stupid NCAA violation. This was a massive coverup of rapists on an unheard of level. I don't care how bad your team is. There's no reason this guy should ever be allowed on a college campus again. We're talking about over 50 cases of rape over a 4 year period.

Advertisement
Man, there are a lot of scumbags out there. What Briles did should have resulted in criminal charges. This isn't some stupid NCAA violation. This was a massive coverup of rapists on an unheard of level. I don't care how bad your team is. There's no reason this guy should ever be allowed on a college campus again. We're talking about over 50 cases of rape over a 4 year period.

Preach it Bruh, AB SCUMBAG EXTRAORDINARIE. Ruined a lot of lives by doing nothing and being complicit.

Time heals all wounds. He’ll be back coaching soon enough.

And we shoud’ve went after Kendal either way. Yes, Enos is an upgrade and I like him. But Kendal Briles is a superstar, and it was only a matter of time before a big school came calling. FSU made a **** of a move. And I haven’t seen any mass boycotts of the FSU program since the hire was announced, so just as I said on this board many times, nobody cares. Or at least not enough people care to really matter.

Art will be back in the game soon enough. And he’ll put up huge numbers, and people will complain that he’s a scumbag (which he is), but more people will cheer for his offenses on Saturdays.

Nah. Not these ones

um....did you exactly read what happened there?

Advertisement
Back