Arrion Springs, DB loves the U & small KD Cannon tidbit

TheSwagger1

Retired staff
Premium
[video=youtube;kvot2m5W8Bs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kvot2m5W8Bs#![/video]

DB from San Antonio TX. He told someone I know at the Nike camp in Dallas today that if Miami offers, he's going to Miami (the Miami mention was unsolicited... the guy who told me this covers a different team). Likes us more than Texas. Was also told he was the best DB at the camp today.

4 star by 247 (#10 corner in the nation), 3 star by Rivals.

KD Cannon, previously mentioned on here, balled out as well, he's a stud. He's high off of a Baylor visit recently.... Briles doing a good job on selling him what they've done with WRs the last few years.

Advertisement
Kid can play safety and corner, I like that. Based off of some tweets from recruiting analysts Springs seems intrigued by OOS offers.

Rivals just did an article on this kid. He sounds like he is going to blow up, I know he wowed at the recent Nike camp. Kid loves the U and isn't enamored with UT like most texas kids. If we want him, he's there for the taking....

Swag, is there mutual interest? Do our coaches know about this kid?

I know we have been in touch but don't know how much. We still haven't offered so we are late on that front compared to competitors.

Advertisement
ESPN-Oregon Site

Texas DB Springs waiting on three
4/09/13
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Brandon P. Oliver

The Oregon Ducks continue to search high and low for the next man up as they look to continue their momentum on the field and on the recruiting trail. The Ducks have established themselves as a presence in the state of Texas and have their eyes locked on a few of the state's top prospects.

Most of the Ducks' recruiting efforts in the talent-rich state have focused on the Dallas and Houston metro areas. San Antonio is the sometimes forgotten third wheel, but the Ducks are looking to change that as one of their top targets from the Lone Star State hails from the area.

As one of the most versatile and talented athletes in the state, DB Arrion Springs (San Antonio, Texas/Roosevelt) has more than 15 offers to his credit.

Despite holding offers from programs such as Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Springs is holding out hope that three programs extend him an offer before too long.

"I would like to have offers from Miami (Fla.), Oregon and USC before I start to cut my list down," Springs said. "I have been talking to all of them but none of them have offered yet."

Texas is making a big push for his commitment and for an in-state kid, a Longhorns offer isn't the easiest thing to ignore. If the Ducks hope to become seriously involved in the ESPN Watch List member's recruitment, they will likely have to pull the trigger soon. Despite not having an offer from either program, Springs said Miami joins Oregon and Texas as three schools that are assured a spot in his top five, which he plans to release upon the conclusion of spring practice.

Oregon is scheduled to travel to San Antonio to see Springs next month during the spring evaluation period. The way Springs sees it, the sooner a potential offer from any of the three schools come, the better it will be for both parties.

"I already have most of the offers I want and some of them are from schools that you can't really wait around to commit," said the 6-foot, 190-pound Springs.

With distance no obstacle for the versatile athlete, there are three schools that have most of his attention.

"Texas is Texas. You don't have to say much else. With Oregon, [Ducks' defensive backs' coach] John Neal is recruiting me and he is a great coach. He has turned a bunch of guys that no one had heard of into great players," Springs said. "USC was always my dream school growing up but I haven't really heard from them."

Neal is just one of the reasons that Springs is focused on the Ducks. He has obviously done his research regarding Oregon's program and the success of Oregon's defensive backs under Neal's watch.

"Coach Neal just tells me to be patient. He said that once they come down to see me in person next month, I'll know where things stand," Springs said. "Coach [Nick] Aliotti is a great coach as well. All they do is develop talent and win a lot of games every year. They have a great thing going up there."

The Ducks aren't alone as a possible destination in not offering Springs yet. Despite the recent downturn and an uncertain future, the Hurricanes are also a very viable option for Springs, who can play either corner or safety in college.

"Miami just has a great tradition and they are trying to turn things around," Springs said. "I talk to them all the time and wouldn't mind being a part of the turnaround down there."

Some kids just like to collect offers to say that they have an offer from such-and-such. This doesn't seem to be the case at all.

Looks like he really wants a Miami offer to be able to really consider and evaluate them. He'll probably get his offer once Spring evals start.

just watched the vid and there's a lot to like. Good hips/change-of-direction, attacks the football, certainly not shy about hitting, plays with some reckless abandon. Anybody familiar with his competition level?

Advertisement
Al needs to come out to Hawai'i and grab two of our STUD DL every year. Miami with a tokouso defense would be legit!

I could only Imagine if, from the 2013 class, Golden took Kennedy Tulimasealii, Kamalei Correra, and Dakota Turner were Hawaii's big boys this season. Hawai'i loves the U! Golden needs to take a trip out here.

Advertisement
Some kids just like to collect offers to say that they have an offer from such-and-such. This doesn't seem to be the case at all.

Looks like he really wants a Miami offer to be able to really consider and evaluate them. He'll probably get his offer once Spring evals start.

If Spring evals havent started the recruiting coordinator needs to be choked.

Advertisement
Kids blowing up lets get him on campus or go to him and offer him before it's too late. Sounds like he wants to be a cane.

If Spring evals havent started the recruiting coordinator needs to be choked.

Actually there is a specific May window where I believe the NCAA rules allow for more coaching visits, etc. Someone may know more.

Advertisement
Back