Army All American Game Notes

They say Williams is looking like the best qb out there and he’s shredding the elite secondary he’s going against. I’m telling you that kid is the real deal

Who's they?

247 reporters Barton Simmons and Scott wiltfong
A6481D8C-00B4-44CA-B751-DB8BC150A80D.jpg14D9A3FA-8FEE-42AB-AEC5-0C9C207F0DF7.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Maybe some uncommitted kids will see what Williams is doing & want to join. Doesn’t hurt us that we have guys balling out there.

Advertisement
They say Williams is looking like the best qb out there and he’s shredding the elite secondary he’s going against. I’m telling you that kid is the real deal

Who's they?

The guys covering the game...you can even catch a glimpse of it in the video where he shoots the ball on a Hitch route(could be an out route) to Jeremy Ruckert...you can clearly hear them say “He’s good” even though it’s cut off.

Who's they?

247 reporters Barton Simmons and Scott wiltfong
View attachment 56812View attachment 56813

That's what we need!!!!

With him being an EE I truly believe he will challenge to be the starter against LSU. This QB is just Rosier and Perry!

Advertisement
Williams coming to compete for the starting job. Perry on notice.

Last edited:
Great throw in the ball to Pope as well.

The receivers always have the advantage in these one on one matchups. Add Pope's elite route running with his speed, he should stand out and he did on that play.

Advertisement
[TWEET]947876340920934401[/TWEET]

Pope did a great job of breaking TC's cushion. He won that 1-on-1 after just a few steps of that route. TC waited too long to open up his hips. Pope looked so fluid running that route, really impressive.

Please let this be a reoccurring theme on Greentree.

...and at Hrardrock

We wants this in practice not playing against one another in a game

This. These are the type of battles that need to happen on the practice field. Pope v Campbell; Silvera v. Scaife. Lingard v. Joyner. Our practices should always be harder than the game. Need this type competition again at home.

Advertisement

I said it before I'm gonna say it again. Our offensive recruiting as been Elite and championship level. PERIOD. I just hope at some point the defensive recruiting follows. It been underwhelming IMO.

Rivals didn’t seem to have as glowing of a review of Williams today which shows you how subjective these analysis of these reporters really are

Over the past year Jarren Williams has made quite the climb up the Rivals rankings, going from a three-star to one of the nation’s top 100 players. But on Monday, the Miami signee struggled to find his rhythm, making several errant passes and just having an overall inconsistent performance. Playing alongside five-star Georgia native Trevor Lawrence, Williams has every chance to show this week that he’s the best quarterback from the Peach State, but things didn’t get off to a great start.

There is no question Williams has a live arm and can fire it all over the field but on Day 1, the four-star Miami signee struggled with high throws and it didn’t get much better as the day went on. The Lawrenceville (Ga.) Central Gwinnett recruit was not missing receivers with overthrows that went uncaught but he was not hitting them in the numbers, either, and the ball sailed a few times more than the other quarterbacks. That might be a little nitpicky but all the quarterbacks were solid in an indoor setting. Williams did show nice accuracy throwing on the run but when he was standing in the pocket on numerous occasions the ball was not right on the money.

The East wide receiver corps isn’t the tallest but they are extremely explosive. The best of the group was clearly Miami signee Mark Pope. He isn’t too small, has a ton of pop in his plant foot and does a great job creating separation in his route-running with subtle shoulder and head fakes. Pope routinely made East defensive backs look slow and got them tripping over themselves.

The trio of Taron Vincent, Jayson Ademilola and Nesta Silvera gave offensive linemen fits throughout practice. All three did a good job getting penetration and chasing down plays from the backside. Vincent, an Ohio State signee, did a good job shedding blocks and got better as the practice went on. Ademilola, a future Notre Dame defensive lineman, was strong at the point of attack and made a lot of tackles in the middle of the field. Silvera, an unsigned Miami commit, played with a lot of energy and made a lot of plays on the edge.

https://n.rivals.com/news/army-bowl-east-team-monday-mvp-more-takeaways

Advertisement
Back