Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I don’t think that’s the point here nor do I question whether this kid was a take or not. This to me is just another example of recruiting services creating hype and narratives for the purpose of clicks and subs at the expense of truth and accuracy (both in what really happened regarding this kids’ recruitment and his real potential). It’s not the first time, it won’t be the last, and these so called professionals in this business need to be held accountable for it.

It doesn’t take a lot of digging to see that things don’t add up specific to the context of this kids ranking and recruitment story.
So why did Miami accept his commitment?

Come on brother. Your expecting reason out of fanatics.

A couple observations:
1. Every program has fans who say a recruit is overrated when they flip elsewhere. Most of us on here are bummed he's not a Cane and especially bummed he's a Nole.
2. Being evaluated as a Miami quality kid doesn't mean you're a instant impact player, much less the next Bain. His production isn't matching his hype. But I for one definitely wanted/want him to be a Cane. My hope is Mario can find someone of equal or better talent and production to replace him, either out of HS or the portal.
I'm not expecting reason from fanatics, I only expect absolute lunacy most of the time from our fans.

The point I'm making is, IF this kid is overrated, then why did our evaluators accept a commitment from an overrated player? We're supposed to trust their evals right?

Because they believed he was a take, and based off what I can tell if Mario believes the recruit is a take he’ll work the relationship aspect relentlessly regardless of whether or not there is potential that recruit is playing games.

That has nothing to do with recruiting services, their influence, and accountability that should be placed on their responsibilities while holding that influential power.

Advertisement
I'm not expecting reason from fanatics, I only expect absolute lunacy most of the time from our fans.

The point I'm making is, IF this kid is overrated, then why did our evaluators accept a commitment from an overrated player? We're supposed to trust their evals right?
Overrated is a relative term. How many juniors do you see that get rated as a 5-star + against seniors? When it does happen, what does that tell you about their perceived talent and performance expectations? How has Blount specifically met those expectations to this point and what reflection is that of those who rank him and drive influence in the recruiting business?

Last edited:
Here's what I find most interesting...

This kid flips & NOW a lot of people are calling him overrated & clearly trying to lessen the blow by downplaying him. That's to be expected of course & maybe he actually is overrated, but IF that's true, what does that say about the people who evaluated him & accepted his commitment???

Yall trust the staffs evals don't you???

DON'T YOU?!?!?!...

👀...

Quite the conundrum

Hes a good player, i dont even think he is 17 yet.

Sucks he is going there but there is more to be had including his current DL teammate im impressed with on Central.

Just know hes going to have to deal with the bully ball ol we will be developing moving forward...i personally think with development he will/could be an all conference type...i personally think he should of also played next year at Central and be class of 25 but he has played alot of high school varsity ball. If he was reclassifying HERE may be different because his support system is local ...not sure a kid at 17 in Tally will be ready for all that...and im speaking from my personal stance of being the same age as him and going to atlanta for college....WOOSH.

Here's what I find most interesting...

This kid flips & NOW a lot of people are calling him overrated & clearly trying to lessen the blow by downplaying him. That's to be expected of course & maybe he actually is overrated, but IF that's true, what does that say about the people who evaluated him & accepted his commitment???

Yall trust the staffs evals don't you???

DON'T YOU?!?!?!...

👀...

Quite the conundrum
Running Away Back Up GIF by Astrid and Lilly Save The World

Advertisement

Related questions...

Is there a way for CIS to generally acknowledge Blount is undoubtedly talented enough to be a take for Miami, and also that although Mario is a great recruiter, it seems he/Miami got played by Blount and his family (potentially to up the NIL/bag)? Assuming we can do that, is there are way for CIS to honestly discuss how part of being a great recruiter is having a good sense/grasp/feel for which recruits you are really in it for and which recruits are playing games, and how it appears from an outsider's perspective Mario and his staff have struggled with that aspect of recruiting this cycle? And maybe, even, how we reconcile all of that?

They absolutely love him. Unfortunately, from everything I’ve heard, he’s a stud. But you never know until he’s under the lights. He’s starting next year.
He's done nothing....

and their current qb plays backyard football.

The talent in their qb room has been terrible so anyone with a glimmer of legit technique they will LOVE.

I'll wait on it...because what even Travis does isnt actually COACHED up by them.

If he doesnt have mobility ay be in trouble because i personally dont think their OL will be al that as they are overrated even now in pass pro

Related questions...

Is there a way for CIS to generally acknowledge Blount is undoubtedly talented enough to be a take for Miami, and also that although Mario is a great recruiter, it seems he/Miami got played by Blount and his family (potentially to up the NIL/bag)? Assuming we can do that, is there are way for CIS to honestly discuss how part of being a great recruiter is having a good sense/grasp/feel for which recruits you are really in it for and which recruits are playing games, and how it appears from an outsider's perspective Mario and his staff have struggled with that aspect of recruiting this cycle? And maybe, even, how we reconcile all of that?
I believe that even if Mario has a sense of this he’ll build that relationship to the best of his abilities regardless. He works relentlessly based on almost all accounts and values/trusts that over everything. Some will hit, some won’t and you can argue whether or not his approach meets optimal efficiency and effectiveness (the signing classes will judge this), but he’ll put in the work if he wants the recruit and he’ll expect the same from his staff.

Related questions...

Also fire Joe and Addae.

Advertisement
Related questions...

You would hope coaches wouldn’t be outsmarted by a 17 year old

I can't bother myself with a kid from Miami who would choose to go to Tallahassee over coral gables and who thinks he will develop better at FSU. literally no evidence of this...our best drafted players of the last few years and the next few years are going to be from the DL. might end up being a huge loss but he trolled us hard so F him.

I believe that even if Mario has a sense of this he’ll build that relationship to the best of his abilities regardless. He works relentlessly based on almost all accounts and values/trusts that over everything. Some will hit, some won’t and you can argue whether or not his approach meets optimal efficiency and effectiveness (the signing classes will judge this), but he’ll put in the work if he wants the recruit and he’ll expect the same from his staff.

I can appreciate hard work. I can appreciate persistence and determination. I can even appreciate a "we don't ever accept the first 'no' for an answer" attitude.

But, at a certain point, I'd rather our staff work smarter, not just harder. Hard work alone will not prevail. There needs to be some intelligent direction of that work. And it is especially bad from an optics perspective when the result is UM appearing to get punked by a rival.

At the end of the day, I do agree the final signed class(es) and the team results will be the ultimate arbiter on this point.

Advertisement
I can appreciate hard work. I can appreciate persistence and determination. I can even appreciate a "we don't ever accept the first 'no' for an answer" attitude.

But, at a certain point, I'd rather our staff work smarter, not just harder. Hard work alone will not prevail. There needs to be some intelligent direction of that work. And it is especially bad from an optics perspective when the result is UM appearing to get punked by a rival.

At the end of the day, I do agree the final signed class(es) and the team results will be the ultimate arbiter on this point.
Evaluation, salesmanship, and prioritizing are the three pillars of recruiting. I don't have an issue with #1 from this staff. 2 is lacking from a couple position coaches as a tactical matter, and 3 appears to be lacking as a strategic matter.

It can be a sticky situation. Let's say Mario knew he was playing games. What is the next step? You pull his offer then you have eliminated any chance of landing him. Or you play along with it hoping that the relationship overcomes the kid's immaturity at some point. In other words, no reason to burn bridges unless you get word a recruit is outright punking you behind the scenes or worse yet negative recruiting against other targets.

It can be a sticky situation. Let's say Mario knew he was playing games. What is the next step? You pull his offer then you have eliminated any chance of landing him. Or you play along with it hoping that the relationship overcomes the kid's immaturity at some point. In other words, no reason to burn bridges unless you get word a recruit is outright punking you behind the scenes or worse yet negative recruiting against other targets.
You push harder for priority #2 at the position, even if you continue recruiting #1. that's the only thing one can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back