Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of emotion in your post. While I agree they’re fraudulent to an extent, it’s admittedly a better situation to walk into. He might start from day 1, whereas Young/George/Restrepo will probably all return. Maybe he beats one of them out, but in terms of immediate playing time, FSU can offer that with Coleman and Wilson assuredly gone. Norvell has also proven to be one of the better offensive minds in college football and can now say he “developed” a likely 1st rounder in Coleman and a likely 2nd rounder in Wilson. Their Defense has nothing to do with Jeremiah Smith…

Lastly, he’s probably going to get more money from FSU than anyone else. Don’t care how they got it, they got it. Our boosters better respond…but that’s another issue for another thread.

Now, hopefully Glenn is trash, because what they don’t have is QB depth. Rodemaker is mid, nor do they return a lot of starters. Norvell would have to work a legit miracle to win 10 games in 2024; they probably come back down to earth with an 8-4 type season….maybe 7-5 if injuries pile up.

They’ve been super fortunate this year to be completely healthy. Travis has been teetering on the edge of injuries, so I hope Bain or James Williams will be the ones to split his leg in two pieces on a goofy QB keeper.

As for this thread, typical SFL diva in Blount and his parents. They’ll get a dose of reality when he doesn’t play next year and they’re already shopping him in the portal. South Florida players and their parents / groupies really can’t handle when they’re not the alpha anymore,
I mean we’ve seen that multiple times on a yearly basis. I’m curious to see how that’ll unfold.
This

Advertisement
He’s not overrated but when you reclass sometimes you drop. He’s 39 now. Doesn’t matter. He’s a talent.
I see what you're looking at now. I think most people usually use the composite rating on 247 which has him as a 5 star.

I see what you're looking at now. I think most people usually use the composite rating on 247 which has him as a 5 star.
Either way kids talented. McCray was just as talented before the 5th star. I didn’t mean to start a star war. Mostly because he’s an elite lineman that probably ends up inside. For some reason we cannot sign DTs. I know Moton will be here, I know Burroughs is gonna help. Idk man. Got to fix that

I don’t think Mario just forgot how to recruit and kids figured out how to troll him. The recruiting game has definitely shifted over the past year. I think other programs have upped their bag plus NIL game and the kids are getting professional advice from real agents which is making it harder for Mario to get a true picture of the situation.

Right now, yeah, he mostly bungled the DT situation. DE is pretty darn good but nothing close to what we were led to believe it would be. QB is a head scratcher and IMO an epic fail so far. And if we don’t get Robinson we’re gapped at CB too. All that said, I for one feel Mario will work the problem and get it fixed.

Advertisement
I personally haven't said that, so it doesn't apply to me, but you can be overrated and still be a take. Do you think Jeremiah Smith is overrated? Clearly you do since you have Wingo (and maybe a few others?) ahead of him. But do you think we should absolutely be going hard for Jeremiah Smith regardless?
No, it’s a waste of time IMO.

I don’t think Mario just forgot how to recruit and kids figured out how to troll him. The recruiting game has definitely shifted over the past year. I think other programs have upped their bag plus NIL game and the kids are getting professional advice from real agents which is making it harder for Mario to get a true picture of the situation.

Right now, yeah, he mostly bungled the DT situation. DE is pretty darn good but nothing close to what we were led to believe it would be. QB is a head scratcher and IMO an epic fail so far. And if we don’t get Robinson we’re gapped at CB too. All that said, I for one feel Mario will work the problem and get it fixed.

Adapt. He has an NFL GM type working with him…

Advertisement
he doesnt think hes coming here.
Yeah, I know. The point was someone can be overrated and still a take. He views Smith as not the best WR in this class (and perhaps not even 2nd or 3rd idk) as he has Wingo #1. Therefore he views Smith as overrated - especially since most on this board have him as the best player in the nation. Yet if Smith wanted to sign with us on NSD would he accept that signature? Whether you think we should recruit someone cause it’s unlikely they’ll choose us is different - but can also be true even with those other 2 points…

DE is extremely good i dont know what yall were expecting?.

Ernest Willor may still be in play...there wasnt much misses on the edge. We could go with lighter guys as we need some quick twitch to add to that room.

And thats coming off of: Bain and Jayden Wayne who are looking like a good duo moving forward.

I agree with everything else posted. Hold on to Jones and grab another hs dt and it somewhat fixes the situation especially if we can get on some of these early portalguys or one of the jucos.

Advertisement
Blount won't play much in 2024. Maybe FSU gets something out of him in 2025. If going for DTs that play games with recruiting, I'd rather UM take another run at Shemar Stewart. He's at least been in a college S&C program for a year and was just as highly rated as Blount.

Blount won't play much in 2024. Maybe FSU gets something out of him in 2025. If going for DTs that play games with recruiting, I'd rather UM take another run at Shemar Stewart. He's at least been in a college S&C program for a year and was just as highly rated as Blount.
The thing with Shemar is he plays the same position as Bain and Mesidor.Do we even know if Mesidor is willing to come back and be Bain's backup.

This was a L on our staff. No way around it. That being said, we will be okay,

Advertisement
Obv Blount looks like an excellent prospect and I'd love to have him at UM…But I think it's a little bit of a mistake for him to re-classify jmo.

Why does this Semenhole have 2 threads at the top of board maudes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back