Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
You push harder for priority #2 at the position, even if you continue recruiting #1. that's the only thing one can do.
Fair point. For us he was a 2025 recruit. I certainly hope we are not putting all the chips in the bag on a 2025 recruit.

Advertisement
why did our evaluators accept a commitment from an overrated player?

Because an overrated player is still better than no players. Had to take his commitment and hope he'd stick.

Any way you slice it, DT recruiting has been a dumpster fire since Cristobal got here. If we'd had better DT recruiting, then maybe Cristobal tells him that UM isn't going to be leveraged for a bigger bag from FSU. Unfortunately, Cristobal put himself in a position where he has to deal with getting clowned by DTs that are only using UM.

I'm not expecting reason from fanatics, I only expect absolute lunacy most of the time from our fans.

The point I'm making is, IF this kid is overrated, then why did our evaluators accept a commitment from an overrated player? We're supposed to trust their evals right?
I'll take an overrated 5-star, if I think he's a legit 4-star.

I can appreciate hard work. I can appreciate persistence and determination. I can even appreciate a "we don't ever accept the first 'no' for an answer" attitude.

But, at a certain point, I'd rather our staff work smarter, not just harder. Hard work alone will not prevail. There needs to be some intelligent direction of that work. And it is especially bad from an optics perspective when the result is UM appearing to get punked by a rival.

At the end of the day, I do agree the final signed class(es) and the team results will be the ultimate arbiter on this point.
Completely agree, it’s just my best attempt to gauge Mario’s recruiting prowess based on my limited assessment. He clearly values hard work and relationship building, but when you fight against unchecked influential narratives you’re 100% right……you need to know who you’re dealing with at a high level. And it’s not necessarily the kid, they’re kids they are easily influenced for the most part. Their company on the other hand……..

The point I'm making is, IF this kid is overrated, then why did our evaluators accept a commitment from an overrated player? We're supposed to trust their evals right?
He is a 5star. He can be over rated and still a take.

Its a L no matter how you slice it but I also believe he was a little over hyped. His ceiling is 5star but I think he has a bit more development to get there then some of the others in that category.

Advertisement
It can be a sticky situation. Let's say Mario knew he was playing games. What is the next step? You pull his offer then you have eliminated any chance of landing him. Or you play along with it hoping that the relationship overcomes the kid's immaturity at some point. In other words, no reason to burn bridges unless you get word a recruit is outright punking you behind the scenes or worse yet negative recruiting against other targets.

This is a fair point. The best a HC can do is avoid being put into that position in the first place by doing the diligence before the offer goes out (or, as @JeddTheFisch noted, keep the pressure on by changing your recruiting priorities at the position).

Of course, if the due diligence process takes too long and the offer comes out late, we're all second guessing Mario and the staff for the late offer of a kid at a local feeder school. Can be a bit of a lose/lose. But that's why he gets paid the big bucks... to negotiate these sticky situations.

Fair point. For us he was a 2025 recruit. I certainly hope we are not putting all the chips in the bag on a 2025 recruit.
I'm also well aware of what a fine line you have to walk with promises, dropping guys, lying, puffery, etc, in recruiting. It's NOT easy.

Advertisement
If it‘s and NIL issue I’d rather our o

Is that her real name? Come on no chance that is on a birth certificate. Regardless, F you and your son. We could care less about either of you.
Thing was sent to me from a friend of mine from south florida. She deleted the post. But F em both. Yeah like our fan base is soooo bad every fan base has **** fans
She clearly hasn't read Warchant if she thinks Miami fans are the worst. We're nuts like any other fanbase. But Noles and Gators are the worst of the worst.
Facts

Advertisement
He is a 5star. He can be over rated and still a take.

Its a L no matter how you slice it but I also believe he was a little over hyped. His ceiling is 5star but I think he has a bit more development to get there then some of the others in that category.
He’s a 4 star now lol 😆 FSU has 1 5 star kid the rest went down. We have more 4-5 star kids in our class then they do lol

Here's what I find most interesting...

This kid flips & NOW a lot of people are calling him overrated & clearly trying to lessen the blow by downplaying him. That's to be expected of course & maybe he actually is overrated, but IF that's true, what does that say about the people who evaluated him & accepted his commitment???

Yall trust the staffs evals don't you???

DON'T YOU?!?!?!...

👀...

Quite the conundrum
I personally haven't said that, so it doesn't apply to me, but you can be overrated and still be a take. Do you think Jeremiah Smith is overrated? Clearly you do since you have Wingo (and maybe a few others?) ahead of him. But do you think we should absolutely be going hard for Jeremiah Smith regardless?

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back