Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Lots of emotion in here. Some of you may want to take the orange and green filter off your Fraud Detector...

Blount signs with Miami = W
Blount signs with someone other than Miami = L

Smith signs with Miami = W
Smith signs with someone other than Miami = L

Here's what I find most interesting...

This kid flips & NOW a lot of people are calling him overrated & clearly trying to lessen the blow by downplaying him. That's to be expected of course & maybe he actually is overrated, but IF that's true, what does that say about the people who evaluated him & accepted his commitment???

Yall trust the staffs evals don't you???

DON'T YOU?!?!?!...

👀...

Quite the conundrum
ron burgundy anchorman GIF

As a gambler and someone who provides picks for others, I watch A LOT lol. More than I probably should. I don’t think anything you said is totally wrong, but what I’ll push back on is Norvell not reinventing anything. He’s absolutely created an offense with a lot of visual trickery and eye candy, and if you’re not discliplined on defense, he will make you pay. It’s almost like saying Andy Reid hasn’t done anything with the Chiefs because Mahomes scrambles around a majority of the time and ends up finding Kelce or Rasheed Rice, etc. Yes the QB gets a lot of credit, but go back and watch some of their play designs, admittedly they’re pretty to watch unfold.

He’s also a very aggressive coach, he trusts their offense to convert on 4th downs and trusts his defense to get a stop should the offense fail. Players like that and rally behind it.
Andy Reid and Norvell share a common theme and that’s an offense that both coach and qb have been studying for several years.
FSU right now has one huge advantage over almost everyone they will face and that’s a qb and an oc and a team that have been on the same page for a long time. That’s how they have been able to overcome a huge o line issue. That’s several off seasons of repetition and in game experience. It’s a huge advantage and Kudos to norvell for keeping that the way it’s been.
Imagine tvd as a freshman RK and having Dawson for the next 4 years. That’s Dawson the rb coach and Mirabal practicing and drilling the same concepts for 4 years!

People have had this convo before with belichick vs Brady.
What would happen to the chiefs if Mahomes decided to get traded?
The same thing that will happen to fsu when Travis bounces.

Also, fsu has been way way lucky that Travis hasn’t gotten injured with the amount of running he does. And when he did get hurt this year it was on his non throwing arm.
Dudes have had 4 leaf clovers and rabbits feet all over the place this year.
Again, that doesn’t mean they’re not a good team that’s well coached. But crowing him as an offensive guru?
Is he adequate. Does he absolutely know what he’s doing? Both yes.

Advertisement

This kid flips & NOW a lot of people are calling him overrated & clearly trying to lessen the blow by downplaying him. That's to be expected of course & maybe he actually is overrated, but IF that's true, what does that say about the people who evaluated him & accepted his commitment???

DON'T YOU?!?!?!...

👀...

Quite the conundrum

Come on brother. Your expecting reason out of fanatics.

A couple observations:
1. Every program has fans who say a recruit is overrated when they flip elsewhere. Most of us on here are bummed he's not a Cane and especially bummed he's a Nole.
2. Being evaluated as a Miami quality kid doesn't mean you're a instant impact player, much less the next Bain. His production isn't matching his hype. But I for one definitely wanted/want him to be a Cane. My hope is Mario can find someone of equal or better talent and production to replace him, either out of HS or the portal.

Advertisement

DON'T YOU?!?!?!...

👀...

Quite the conundrum
I don’t think that’s the point here nor do I question whether this kid was a take or not. This to me is just another example of recruiting services creating hype and narratives for the purpose of clicks and subs at the expense of truth and accuracy (both in what really happened regarding this kids’ recruitment and his real potential). It’s not the first time, it won’t be the last, and these so called professionals in this business need to be held accountable for it.

It doesn’t take a lot of digging to see that things don’t add up specific to the context of this kids ranking and recruitment story.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They’re throwing big cash around. The type that other universities thought we were throwing last year when we were wrecking havoc on the trail.

They’re trying to capitalize and squeeze every drop of momentum out of this season, and why shouldn’t they?

Because they are trans

Come on brother. Your expecting reason out of fanatics.

A couple observations:
1. Every program has fans who say a recruit is overrated when they flip elsewhere. Most of us on here are bummed he's not a Cane and especially bummed he's a Nole.
2. Being evaluated as a Miami quality kid doesn't mean you're a instant impact player, much less the next Bain. His production isn't matching his hype. But I for one definitely wanted/want him to be a Cane. My hope is Mario can find someone of equal or better talent and production to replace him, either out of HS or the portal.
He’s going to find someone

They absolutely love him. Unfortunately, from everything I’ve heard, he’s a stud. But you never know until he’s under the lights. He’s starting next year.

You sure do have a lot of positive things to say about fspoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back