Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a short lived commitment lol
IMG_7859.jpeg

Advertisement
I don't think you can convince a player to go somewhere he doesn't want to. Stone wants to be with his friends at Okahoma. If I'm in charge of recruiting, I wouldn't spend any time on Stone. It's not ideal but have to look at Plan B, kids at schools with a reputation of good evals like Pitt.

Or send out spies to figure out what DTs might be unhappy with their current situation and could jump into the portal. Have to be a grown man to play DT, so I can understand prioritizing the portal, but that means Cristobal has to come through.
I'd never be upset at a player for a valid reason he chooses a school

If Stone wantd to go back home, by all means

But Blount and FSU and all the handlers did what makes recruiting sleezy and that stuff makes all of us angry.

Many times these kids just dont see they're being used and they're naive enough to believe what they're told

But Blount and FSU and all the handlers did what makes recruiting sleezy and that stuff makes all of us angry.

Many times these kids just dont see they're being used and they're naive enough to believe what they're told
And then you add what I mentioned above, adult grown men, coaches and its sad

I don't understand what happened here. Is someone going to spill the beans?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Quite the opposite, I am calling out people that are saying '**** him' or 'he is not a man' when (to your point) there is nothing suggesting that he did anything wrong other than picking another team. And what we have heard from reliable posters (Cribby) is that he was offered a substantially bigger bag.

Many on this board (and to be fair, fans of most sports teams) will trash players at a personal level b/c they they didn't pick their team. It's a pathetic look.
"1000% Committed. I'm staying home!"

Leverages a bigger bag from FSU...

"THIS IS HOME!!!!!!!"

😒

Canon Pickett likely going to FSU, and they are looking good for Kevin Ford Jr, too.

Told you guys last year they have cash. Get used to it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here is the simple fact of it. UM is determining what they believe the value of said player is. Even though they have whiffed on every major DT recruit and half plenty to pony up, they simply aren't doing it.

Cristobal is learning real quick that what separated him as a recruiter before simply does not hold anywhere near the same value now. You need to pay up + show results on the field. And if the results aren't there, get ready to pay the tax to secure an elite prosepct. Especially at QB and DT. Unfortunately, as of now we are not willing to pay the tax.

Nothing will change as far as recruiting results go as long as our approach remains the same. And since Mario is a coach who does less with more, don't expect the results we need on the field to change drastically anytime soon or if ever.

Basically, we may be stuck in purgatory. 8-9 wins yearly when things get going and the hope of a 10 win season here and there with some luck. You simply cannot compete at top 15 level (10 wins+) without bringing in top 15 talent at QB and DT.

fwiw this is the reason Holes247 is giving for the flip.

-- Another pivotal turning point in this saga was Miami's loss to Georgia Tech a few weeks ago. The Hurricanes had the lead and the game won before a poor coaching decision led them to an unprobable loss. I think this was the origin of Blount beginning to look around again.

-- It wasn't until last Friday before the 'Noles played Syracuse and the 'Canes played North Carolina that I started to hear rumors of FSU making a major play for Blount once again. And he was listening. I'm told that by the following Monday, Blount's chances of ending up in Miami's class were slim and I felt confident the Seminoles were going to pull it off.

That write up is for the most part correct but exactly like you said.. they left out the cash piece of it. That is what our staff was trying to warn him about and not to get suckered into it and what they had to "smooth over" and "answer his questions" and "provide truth and clarity"

They'll land Jeremiah Smith too if he can't read through the BS they sell on NIL. They are offering far beyond anything Miami will touch but he's still committed to OSU who offers less than Miami.

We were able to set the record straight with Trader and Patterson. Didn't work for Blount. There is also more work to reclassify and enroll at UM than there is at FSU. I don't think that impact the decision as much as $$$ but once he did his research on reclassifying and getting into both schools it was definitely a factor.
I know you're in the know, but can you elaborate on the bolded?

So FSU went from zero cash to more than anyone else.

Lol

Sounds like our narrative bihourly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back