Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
-- Another pivotal turning point in this saga was Miami's loss to Georgia Tech a few weeks ago. The Hurricanes had the lead and the game won before a poor coaching decision led them to an unprobable loss. blostein thinks this was the origin of Blount beginning to look around again.

Using one game as a reason for "looking around" is pretext for "was never really that into us in the first place".

Advertisement
Wait... so now you are suggesting b/c he flipped to FSU that is why he is not a man, but if he had flipped to someone else it would have been... ok? And by this logic if someone flipped from FSU to Miami would you be calling them out for disloyalty?

Stop getting mad at kids (or even adults) that do what they think is best for them if they aren't being ******** about it and (at least from what we have heard so far) he didn't do anything that suggests he was an *******.

what player that was committed to fsu have we flipped i meant?

Lmao yeah he just left out the massive amounts of cash paid out to his mom and him to get him to tally, during the visit, and upon committing. What a f^cking clown 🤡. F^ck FSU.
That write up is for the most part correct but exactly like you said.. they left out the cash piece of it. That is what our staff was trying to warn him about and not to get suckered into it and what they had to "smooth over" and "answer his questions" and "provide truth and clarity"

They'll land Jeremiah Smith too if he can't read through the BS they sell on NIL. They are offering far beyond anything Miami will touch but he's still committed to OSU who offers less than Miami.

We were able to set the record straight with Trader and Patterson. Didn't work for Blount. There is also more work to reclassify and enroll at UM than there is at FSU. I don't think that impact the decision as much as $$$ but once he did his research on reclassifying and getting into both schools it was definitely a factor.

This insinuation that every black kid is wooed is insane. Win the games you’re supposed to and this won’t happen. I believe the family wants him here. I’m pretty sure he’s a Rise Prep kid because he reclassified. I don’t know if we landed one Rise kid. Maybe the Washington’s were but I’m not sure. In recruiting, sometimes you lose battles. In Miami’s case, they lost the kid. Simple as that. It helps for them to have Shannon, Surtain, and Odell. Jason Taylor wasn’t going to be his position coach. We have Sabbath and Roland, but they aren’t on field. I mean FSU has Flagg from Booker T committed. Miami didn’t even attempt to recruit him. A local DT at a position of need.
The Washingtons were, i think Lil Vince may be.

Rise Prep guy is a gator fan...but overall seems to be a good dude and speaks on college recruiting daily atleast giving a true interpretation to these parents that dont have a clue.

Jeremiah Smith and Robinson IV.
Finish season 10-3
Flip one Top 50 guy
Keep rest of the class.

successful recruiting cycle.

Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

Advertisement
Ewers RECLASSIFIED to sign with OSU over his home school of UT, just like Blount reclassified and signed with FSU.
At the same time period they have done the same EXACT thing lol
Is OSU a rival of Texas? Dude went out of state to a place that had he stayed, he would have likely never crossed paths with UT. Blount pulled this and flipped to a rival , now he has to deal with a school he is guaranteed to see year after year. Lot of differences. He didn’t choose Michigan over Miami, he chose FSU and did it in a unnecessary way. It’s now obvious he is a FSU fan, why even commit if you weren’t sure?

They are offering far beyond anything Miami will touch but he's still committed to OSU who offers less than Miami.

Where did all this money suddenly come from? If FSU is able to outspend the OSU's and UGAs of the world, I'm not liking the way things are headed.

Advertisement
Is OSU a rival of Texas? Dude went out of state to a place that had he stayed, he would have likely never crossed paths with UT. Blount pulled this and flipped to a rival , now he has to deal with a school he is guaranteed to see year after year. Lot of differences. He didn’t choose Michigan over Miami, he chose FSU and did it in a unnecessary way. It’s now obvious he is a FSU fan, why even commit if you weren’t sure?

Not for nothing but OSU has a strong presence in Texas. They've successfully recruited Texas for a long time.

That write up is for the most part correct but exactly like you said.. they left out the cash piece of it. That is what our staff was trying to warn him about and not to get suckered into it and what they had to "smooth over" and "answer his questions" and "provide truth and clarity"

They'll land Jeremiah Smith too if he can't read through the BS they sell on NIL. They are offering far beyond anything Miami will touch but he's still committed to OSU who offers less than Miami.

We were able to set the record straight with Trader and Patterson. Didn't work for Blount. There is also more work to reclassify and enroll at UM than there is at FSU. I don't think that impact the decision as much as $$$ but once he did his research on reclassifying and getting into both schools it was definitely a factor.
Funny money NIL they were trying to warn him about?

One of few teams I have a street level guy. Said it sounds like it was planned. How agregious? Not sure but how it played out I didn't believe him. That's the day he committed. He texted yesterday Yahtzee. Lol 🤣 you can't make this up.

PS I still doubt the truth in this. If it's even 50% true that's some low brow ****.

Advertisement
Where did all this money suddenly come from? If FSU is able to outspend the OSU's and UGAs of the world, I'm not liking the way things are headed.
Think it's two fold with the money thing.

1. They are playing it wild right now and setting the bar way too high for incoming unproven kids which is going to cause issues with classes in the future and having to keep upping the ante, as well as, keeping the current rostered players fat and happy. It's a different strategy to the whole thing, and one that may not be sustainable and start losing kids to the portal later. I know there's some mights in there but time will tell.

2. They are making offers and deals they ultimately don't intend on fulfilling to the figure. Lot of moving parts, contract language, escape clauses, etc.

At the end of the day it's the short play for them and if it works with results on the field they may get away with it for the most part. The other part is wow people with up front cash and have them gloss over the finer points.

Just a different way of playing the dirty game of recruiting.

One of few teams I have a street level guy. Said it sounds like it was planned. How agregious? Not sure but how it played out I didn't believe him. That's the day he committed. He texted yesterday Yahtzee. Lol 🤣 you can't make this up.

PS I still doubt the truth in this. If it's even 50% true that's some low brow ****.
Yea, I think it was def planned, and probably "influenced" by some people connected to FSU for a few reasons. Flip from Miami for optics, and the upping the final price.

Never was...its clear as day. The trip up wasnt where he committed it was basically locking in the commitment and likely speaking on the terms of his nil money.
Unfortunately, the way this played out is playbook 101 from stuff we have seen before going back to the Shannon, Golden, Richt, Diaz years. Highly rated DL prospect or insert position commits to Miami. "Put on for the crib", uses it to negotiate for bags and deals in the background, then buzz happens about a flip, flips to other team. Tale as old as time...

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back