Armondo Blount C/O 2025 Defensive End

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know Mario will not give up on this kid

I think it's safe to say that ship has sailed. He's gone and Cristobal isn't going to waste more time on him. Better chance with Scott (still near 0%, but better than re-flipping Blount) , who I think was the one who wanted to go to UM but committed to OSU because his mom wanted him closer to home. Maybe she can still be convinced to let her little bird fly out of his nest.

Advertisement
I think it's safe to say that ship has sailed. He's gone and Cristobal isn't going to waste more time on him. Better chance with Scott (still near 0%, but better than re-flipping Blount) , who I think was the one who wanted to go to UM but committed to OSU because his mom wanted him closer to home. Maybe she can still be convinced to let her little bird fly out of his nest.
Correct

David Stone's family wanted Miami

Advertisement
Correct

David Stone's family wanted Miami

I don't think you can convince a player to go somewhere he doesn't want to. Stone wants to be with his friends at Okahoma. If I'm in charge of recruiting, I wouldn't spend any time on Stone. It's not ideal but have to look at Plan B, kids at schools with a reputation of good evals like Pitt.

Or send out spies to figure out what DTs might be unhappy with their current situation and could jump into the portal. Have to be a grown man to play DT, so I can understand prioritizing the portal, but that means Cristobal has to come through.

Blostein wrote an article today with the "backstory"

-- Entering the 2023 football season, FSU felt it was the frontrunner in Blount's recruitment. That thought only heightened after he got a chance to the watch the 'Noles beat down on LSU in Orlando to open the season. He and his family had a great relationship with area recruiter Randy Shannon as well as other members of FSU's coaching staff.

-- There was then a turning point in this recruitment: Blount's attendance at the Texas A&M at Miami game in early September. He watched the hometown Hurricanes beat the Aggies for one of Mario Cristobal's first big wins in Coral Gables. Following that win, Blount's recruitment trended heavily towards the 'Canes.

-- FSU attempted to stymie the momentum of Miami following that win by getting in contact with Blount and his family. That effort was to no avail as Blount announced his pledge to the 'Canes on Sept. 14. His commitment marked a massive sting for FSU as he was one of their top overall targets in the 2025 class regardless of position.

-- This is when the rumors started about reclassification for Blount. Blostein said he was able to confirm them "with a few well placed sources"

-- Another pivotal turning point in this saga was Miami's loss to Georgia Tech a few weeks ago. The Hurricanes had the lead and the game won before a poor coaching decision led them to an unprobable loss. blostein thinks this was the origin of Blount beginning to look around again.

-- It wasn't until last Friday before the 'Noles played Syracuse and the 'Canes played North Carolina that rumors of FSU making a major play for Blount started once again. And he was listening. Blostein said he was told that by the following Monday, Blount's chances of ending up in Miami's class were slim and there was confidence the Seminoles were going to pull off the flip

-- After hearing the buzz of a flip to FSU, Blostein said he confirmed Blount's intentions to be in Tallahassee over the weekend and purposefully did not report on any news regarding this recruitment early in the week as to not give away FSU's behind-the-scenes moves.

-- Everything was set for Blount to visit Tallahassee for the Duke game and then announce his decision at some point on Sunday. By Saturday at around midnight, everything was going according to plan. The intention was to still announce his flip to the 'Noles on Sunday.

-- That changed -- temporarily -- on Sunday morning however. Blount was only going to announce his reclassification to 2024 on Sunday and instead wait a week before announcing his flip.

-- Blostein said there was a massive push by Miami to attempt to have Blount leave FSU's campus without flipping his commitment. This push involved not only messaging from the Hurricanes' coaching staff, but also pressure from individuals directly surrounding Blount's life. Blostein said he was told the push worked for a few hours and the plan was to wait a week before making any decision on a flip.

-- Apparently Blount was still on campus at FSU at this time giving the Seminoles the chanceto play defense against Miami's effort. Blostein says he was told the FSU staff did not apply pressure to Blount -- they simply answered any questions he may have had about the program and essentially provided truth and clarity on some untrue narratives beind pushed by the opposing staff. FSU's honesty paid off as Blount departed the Moore Athletic Center on Sunday evening committed to the Seminoles.

Blount was actually watching the Seminoles' walkthrough practice and I'm told he was keeping an extremely close eye on the defensive line group.

That's the Nole story and apparently, they are sticking to it.....
If anyone believes the last couple of paragraphs my goodness.

If you don’t want to accept we got outbid and believe in Santa clause then feel free too. Won’t be the first time nor the last we get outbid. We have outbid the Bama’s and UGA’s of the world with certain players. It happens to everyone because everyone’s evaluations. priorities and budgets are entirely different.
Exactly we’ve put it plenty of teams and been outbid and still got the player just gotta win these battles

Where did all this money suddenly come from? If FSU is able to outspend the OSU's and UGAs of the world, I'm not liking the way things are headed.
The real question is, what are these FSU commitments doing to earn their NIL money?

Signed,

Peruche

Advertisement
Although the kid isnt Bain (watched the game vs Chaminade he was nonexistent) this sucks a bag of ****s. Need portal form Dlinemen pronto

Advertisement
There is also something to be said on whether you would want a kid that plays these many games in recruiting. Even in Blostein's write up today it seems like Blount's interest swayed depending on whether the team won/looked good or not. Seems to me more like a kid that's going somewhere to enjoy success and be part of this amazing experience and that's not the attitude that Miami needs at this point, really ever. Alabama is kinda going through that now too. A lot of kids going there because of their past success and because they're "BAMA" and not because they necessarily want to make the necessary sacrifices needed to perform at that level every week, despite their talent.

Most of the wishy washy kids, though talented, tend to not have the work ethic to be a dominant player in college and go off and be a dominant player in the NFL. In regards to the seminoles, Matthew Thomas, Dontae Lucas, and Akeem Dent are three names off the top of my head that fit that mold.

Advertisement
Blostein wrote an article today with the "backstory"

-- Entering the 2023 football season, FSU felt it was the frontrunner in Blount's recruitment. That thought only heightened after he got a chance to the watch the 'Noles beat down on LSU in Orlando to open the season. He and his family had a great relationship with area recruiter Randy Shannon as well as other members of FSU's coaching staff.

-- There was then a turning point in this recruitment: Blount's attendance at the Texas A&M at Miami game in early September. He watched the hometown Hurricanes beat the Aggies for one of Mario Cristobal's first big wins in Coral Gables. Following that win, Blount's recruitment trended heavily towards the 'Canes.

-- FSU attempted to stymie the momentum of Miami following that win by getting in contact with Blount and his family. That effort was to no avail as Blount announced his pledge to the 'Canes on Sept. 14. His commitment marked a massive sting for FSU as he was one of their top overall targets in the 2025 class regardless of position.

-- This is when the rumors started about reclassification for Blount. Blostein said he was able to confirm them "with a few well placed sources"

-- Another pivotal turning point in this saga was Miami's loss to Georgia Tech a few weeks ago. The Hurricanes had the lead and the game won before a poor coaching decision led them to an unprobable loss. blostein thinks this was the origin of Blount beginning to look around again.

-- It wasn't until last Friday before the 'Noles played Syracuse and the 'Canes played North Carolina that rumors of FSU making a major play for Blount started once again. And he was listening. Blostein said he was told that by the following Monday, Blount's chances of ending up in Miami's class were slim and there was confidence the Seminoles were going to pull off the flip

-- After hearing the buzz of a flip to FSU, Blostein said he confirmed Blount's intentions to be in Tallahassee over the weekend and purposefully did not report on any news regarding this recruitment early in the week as to not give away FSU's behind-the-scenes moves.

-- Everything was set for Blount to visit Tallahassee for the Duke game and then announce his decision at some point on Sunday. By Saturday at around midnight, everything was going according to plan. The intention was to still announce his flip to the 'Noles on Sunday.

-- That changed -- temporarily -- on Sunday morning however. Blount was only going to announce his reclassification to 2024 on Sunday and instead wait a week before announcing his flip.

-- Blostein said there was a massive push by Miami to attempt to have Blount leave FSU's campus without flipping his commitment. This push involved not only messaging from the Hurricanes' coaching staff, but also pressure from individuals directly surrounding Blount's life. Blostein said he was told the push worked for a few hours and the plan was to wait a week before making any decision on a flip.

-- Apparently Blount was still on campus at FSU at this time giving the Seminoles the chanceto play defense against Miami's effort. Blostein says he was told the FSU staff did not apply pressure to Blount -- they simply answered any questions he may have had about the program and essentially provided truth and clarity on some untrue narratives beind pushed by the opposing staff. FSU's honesty paid off as Blount departed the Moore Athletic Center on Sunday evening committed to the Seminoles.

Blount was actually watching the Seminoles' walkthrough practice and I'm told he was keeping an extremely close eye on the defensive line group.

That's the Nole story and apparently, they are sticking to it.....

Much more interesting story than, "he was all FSU until they wouldn't meet his price. Instead he committed to Miami to get FSU's attention, before flipping back once the deposit was made."

Instead they'll have their devoted readers believe that Blount was so blown away by the A&M game that he was ready to drop FSU faster than Mia Khalifa drops her pants. But after one game end blunder he was now ready to receive FSU's truth in the face of Miami's evil lies.

Sounds legit.

I cant believe grown men write articles like the one here about recruiting

Its comical
I try to keep things in perspective

Yes Im upset, angry at how this recruitment transpired but geez, its just college sports and we have writers and fans at opposing schools throwing this nonsense in our faces about where a 17yr old naive kid decided to play college football. Add to that the emotions probably displayed by the FSU staff upon him committing and its pretty annoying and disturbing that it causes people, grown men to act like immature adults

We all have real world problems, domestic and international, but people act like this recruitment defines their lives, coaches, fans and writers included

It's comical

There is also something to be said on whether you would want a kid that plays these many games in recruiting. Even in Blostein's write up today it seems like Blount's interest swayed depending on whether the team won/looked good or not. Seems to me more like a kid that's going somewhere to enjoy success and be part of this amazing experience and that's not the attitude that Miami needs at this point, really ever. Alabama is kinda going through that now too. A lot of kids going there because of their past success and because they're "BAMA" and not because they necessarily want to make the necessary sacrifices needed to perform at that level every week, despite their talent.

Most of the wishy washy kids, though talented, tend to not have the work ethic to be a dominant player in college and go off and be a dominant player in the NFL. In regards to the seminoles, Matthew Thomas, Dontae Lucas, and Akeem Dent are three names off the top of my head that fit that mold.
Who was the star DT Miami had a few years back that never panned out?

Chad Thomas?

Who was the star DT Miami had a few years back that never panned out?

Chad Thomas?
Chad was a pretty good player for us. Mostly a DE and led the team in Tackles or TFL I believe his senior year. Was on that Miami that beat WVU in the Bowl Game and the year we almost went undefeated and beat the **** out of ND. Got drafted in the 3rd Round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back