Armella wins OL MVP at Rivals Miami, discusses UM recruitment

View as article
These kids still really don't value a UM offer the way they should. Imagine telling Nick Saban "Coach I'm not taking an official to Alabama but keep recruiting me" He'd laugh in the kids face. Wish we took a tougher stance on some of these local guys once a for all.
Right? Please continue wasting your time and effort even though I’m unlikely to sign with you. Keep stroking my ego please.

The things he said screamed UM is his safety school.

I wonder with the free transfer rule kids playing games like this would be limited to five stars and high four stars.

Many should be like I can get a redshirt freshman transfer that’s better than you after spring so there goes your spot thanks for playing.

Advertisement
He’s back at STA so gotta think if bama or taint want him he’s there’s. Sabag has a major in at Aquinas and taint has always gotten kids from there
Neither of the programs will be after this kid. While he could develop into a good player, he is definitely a project...

Decision coming in winter....like many athletes he wants to see what teams do in the fall & what changes will occur in the coaching staffs.

Some interesting discussion about Armella and his recruitment on the LSU board. They put up a mock class and he was not included, despite having taken an OV there in June. Some highlights of the thread:

-Armella did very little visiting in June, aside from the OV to LSU. He was expected to visit Bama in June but he never got there.
-He was on vacation with his mother last week (Dominican Republic?) and his father set up a meeting with the new OL coach at LSU which he went to alone.
-According to the LSU writers, they are hearing that his Mom is "driving the recruitment bus". She has said in the past she wants him closer to home.
- The LSU reporters don't really know where his recruitment is right now but the feeling is if Mom is really in charge, he likely ends up at Miami. If not Miami, they think Bama is still a possibility.

His father is not happy with Julian's current recruiting ranking from 247 so he will not give interviews or speak to anyone from that recruiting service. They are operating a bit in the dark. That being said, I think 247 is going to review again around the middle to 3rd week in July - no idea if it will make any difference for Julian....

Sounds like a mess for the kid right now..

Some interesting discussion about Armella and his recruitment on the LSU board. They put up a mock class and he was not included, despite having taken an OV there in June. Some highlights of the thread:

-Armella did very little visiting in June, aside from the OV to LSU. He was expected to visit Bama in June but he never got there.
-He was on vacation with his mother last week (Dominican Republic?) and his father set up a meeting with the new OL coach at LSU which he went to alone.
-According to the LSU writers, they are hearing that his Mom is "driving the recruitment bus". She has said in the past she wants him closer to home.
- The LSU reporters don't really know where his recruitment is right now but the feeling is if Mom is really in charge, he likely ends up at Miami. If not Miami, they think Bama is still a possibility.

His father is not happy with Julian's current recruiting ranking from 247 so he will not give interviews or speak to anyone from that recruiting service. They are operating a bit in the dark. That being said, I think 247 is going to review again around the middle to 3rd week in July - no idea if it will make any difference for Julian....

I actually feel for this kid. Sounds like a mess.

Advertisement
ztX3mMi.png

Advertisement

Lol if they bump him for this they’ve seriously compromised their rating model. He said the quiet part out loud.

Feel for the kid. Hope he goes to UM, obviously, but for his own health I hope the dad chills.

Advertisement
Advertisement
His Dad is worried about his 247 ranking? Lol

No wonder a lot of these kids are a mess and flame out once they get to college.. look at the parental guidance they have
Maybe bag size has a direct correlation with 247 ranking?

Keep dad away at all costs

Advertisement
Back