Arm talent TVD v Garcia

twohourtour

Recruit
Anyone who watched the spring game had to have noticed the arm talent of Garcia compared to TVD. On a hyperbole comparison TVD is more Chad Pennington, Garcia is more Favre. The quick release and horsepower is evident. Having said that you can win with either. If TVD has anticipation and can “throw a wr open” it won’t matter.

Advertisement
It’s all relative to expectation. We anticipated TVD to have a cannon and Garcia to lack velocity, when they’re actually comparable.

I still think TVD has the stronger arm, but Jake threw with a little more conviction yesterday and that makes an arm look stronger.

What are you talking about, TVD also has a great arm? Why do people feel the need to pick a favorite player in a competition and talk down the other to make their anointed player look better. Even going so far as to just straight up lie about the other player like the OP. They are both Canes, stop getting emotional and enjoy the competition.

TVD has a great arm he may not be as confident and willy nilly with the long balls, but that is a different story.

I'm so sick and tired of people on here picking a QB prior to the season and then hoping the other QB in the competition sucks, or overreacting to each one of their mistakes, in hopes that their guy becomes the starter. Happened with the Tate, Perry, and Williams crowd and it was unbearable.

What are you talking about, TVD also has a great arm? Why do people feel the need to pick a favorite player in a competition and talk down the other to make their anointed player look better. Even going so far as to just straight up lie about the other player like the OP. They are both Canes, stop getting emotional and enjoy the competition.

TVD has a great arm he may not be as confident and willy nilly with the long balls, but that is a different story.

I'm so sick and tired of people on here picking a QB prior to the season and then hoping the other QB in the competition sucks, or overreacting to each one of their mistakes, in hopes that their guy becomes the starter. Happened with the Tate, Perry, and Williams crowd and it was unbearable.
Sorry bud. Didn’t mean to try to get you in your feelings. This was strictly an observation of one qb and another. I promise you I’m rooting for both to be successful and no where on the post was I rooting for one vs the other. It was simply an observation.

Advertisement
Personally, it looks(and the word is) that TVD has the stronger arm. He's the guy with the cannon, the 95 mph fast ball.

But to me, Garcia( who doesn't have quite the pure arm strength) seems a bit quicker in his release, and more decisive in his decisions. Just an assumption, here, but I think he can throw guys open better and anticipate throws.

Both have real 'arm talent', but in different ways

The caveat is, how do they perform without the non-contact jersey and when the band is playing....

They're both good, the biggest difference is the overall awareness to me. Jake has tremendous pocket presence and stepped up multiple times which really helpa the o-line.

Advertisement
Personally, it looks(and the word is) that TVD has the stronger arm. He's the guy with the cannon, the 95 mph fast ball.

But to me, Garcia( who doesn't have quite the pure arm strength) seems a bit quicker in his release, and more decisive in his decisions. Just an assumption, here, but I think he can throw guys open better and anticipate throws.

Both have real 'arm talent', but in different ways

The caveat is, how do they perform without the non-contact jersey and when the band is playing....

Soooooooooo, TVD = Farve & Garcia = Brady??? Let’s ride!

Advertisement
What I like the MOST is that we have two talented QB to back up KING, get stronger, get experience, do some mop up duties in games, learn the playbook and we won't need them for a year. A very interesting QB battle already taking place due to intensify during the next spring.....Winner will be our program!

Advertisement
Anyone who watched the spring game had to have noticed the arm talent of Garcia compared to TVD. On a hyperbole comparison TVD is more Chad Pennington, Garcia is more Favre. The quick release and horsepower is evident. Having said that you can win with either. If TVD has anticipation and can “throw a wr open” it won’t matter.
Oh u picked the two far extremes huh..chad “shallow cross” Pennington and Brett “I throw too hard for DBs to catch” farve😂😂..why do u y’all start this favoritism ****

It’s a throw to the hash however that was a horrible route, probably could have been picked if played correctly by the corner
if Rambo didn’t stem that outside leverage before breaking out the DB would’ve reacted a lot quicker. He sold a fade release and broke off the out against what looked like c3

The arm talent **** is meaningless in college football as long as a guy has a baseline arm. And both those guys do. Garcia looks special because he looks natural and poised and doesn’t panic. Nothing to do with arm talent, which is an overused fake scout term.

Garcia is processing quickly and is poised and knows how to play the position. So far, there’s no freeze up which is the best sign I’ve seen. He’s not even paying attention to the rush. Hopefully, that remains the case when the rush is live.

Advertisement
Back