Arm Chair Coaches. Who You Starting at QB For FSU

Who Do You Start at QB

• Jarren Williams

Votes: 138 86.8%
  • N'kosi Perry

Votes: 21 13.2%

• Total voters
I think Jarren is going to pick them apart. We just have to get things right in the red zone.

So far Enos is failing miserably there.

Advertisement
I think you have to go with Jarren to start because of last week. But with a very short leash the one thing I’ve learned about both of them this year is that if Jarren has time he is much better, but when the oline is completely over matched (UVA,VagTech, Central Michigan) you have to go with kosi because atleast he shows signs of being able to move around back there. So overall you have to go with Jarren because if the oline can just give him a little time he’s the better qb but after the first couple drives if it’s sack after sack after sack you need to go with kosi and it needs to come before it’s too late.

I got news for you buddy. It's going to be JW starting and Perry backing him up. So stop with your jokes about Perry. Now! dUh

Oh. And one more notion. Enos is HAPPY with both JW and Perry! hUh. Just check out his interview today.

So I guess that leaves your boy Tate, out in the cold.:confused:

Perry a shell of his former self. Shoulder injury has him thinking about getting hit more than hitting his target. And I was good with Perry starting over JW at one point. He's banged up. If JW becomes a pick machine or impersonates a human statue, let's see what Martell can do. Perry is a perennial 58% completion guy. That's who he is.

Advertisement
Ok, I'll bite. What's wrong with the offensive scheme? As far as QB goes, Williams looks better to me but there's not much separation. Hard to judge a QB that's always under duress, but I am seeing improvement on the O Line. Receivers need to catch the **** ball. Every ball Williams threw Saturday should have been caught. . Scheme is not the problem, players need to focus and do their jobs.

Perry is 1-0 vs FSU. And with JT4 coming back... remember that throw and catch last year? 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Jarren stares at the rush too much and the line has slightly improved with Perry. Against FSU we need a QB with a clock to get rid of the ball. Perry's clock isnt amazing, but its better than Turf Face 2.0.

Ok, I'll bite. What's wrong with the offensive scheme? As far as QB goes, Williams looks better to me but there's not much separation. Hard to judge a QB that's always under duress, but I am seeing improvement on the O Line. Receivers need to catch the **** ball. Every ball Williams threw Saturday should have been caught. . Scheme is not the problem, players need to focus and do their jobs.
True

Jarren stares at the rush too much and the line has slightly improved with Perry. Against FSU we need a QB with a clock to get rid of the ball. Perry's clock isnt amazing, but its better than Turf Face 2.0.

That's one of my things with this as well.

That and he's missed some time, so it makes me question how game ready he is. He threw a game changing pass to win it, but prior to that he didn't even see a LB'ers who could've sealed the game for them.

I don't think it matters with either of them. So whatever really. I voted Perry as he is my choice 51 to 49.

So who do you start and why?

This is a tough one for me. Williams has all the measurables and you could see last week that he wants to be a leader and be great. He came in and really took control of the sidelines and offense. The problem is nothing translates to the field.

Perry can be inconsistent but will make some tough throws and not afraid to test the waters.
I don't see how you don't go with Jarren Williams. Improvement is there week-to-week. @Pitt, the most notable was his rushing 3rd down conversion at 1:25 in the 4th. It's one of the few times he's left the pocket and ran for gain--which has been an Achilles as far as elite QB play goes. Maybe he has watched film and watched Perry and decided to use his feet more. Whatever it is JW needs to do more of that. It'll bring the safety and backs up to the LoS giving JT4, KJO, and co a fighting chance. Jarren's ball placement is money. There is zip to it and it's right where it needs to be and I like that he's also trying for the deep ball. I know that one missed and it was under-thrown but an attempt is an improvement. The O-line is improving and a better, protective O-Line really plays better to Jarren's strengths of pocket passer.

Jarren gets his balls busted by the Kosi Hive for not winning against a P5, not using his feet, not going deep. Well, we saw all of those things when he was in. I'm rollin' with JWill. Go Canes.

Advertisement
Williams has no touch on the deep ball ...... None !!! But can he can hit everything within 10 yards ... wish he would run more when it’s open but hopefully he has learned and not wait to get him self sacked then run off the field saying “Look Coach , they Got me Again “ .... SMH

Jarren starts, FSU will compress the field. Hopefully it doesn't result in 3 INT's like last time. He is easier to game plan for.

Ryan Collins. I take Uncle Puke's threats seriously.

20+ yr old jokes aside, you start Peyton Matocha.

Advertisement
I'd go with Jarren. I think he's a little betta than Kosi, and if you don't start him, he'll hit the portal and transfer before kickoff.

I was going to say Hornibrook over Blackmon, but then I opened the thread.

Advertisement
Back