Arkansas St can ball

Advertisement
Remember last year when we played ****ty vs FAU, Kaaya threw 2INT's & the OL struggled to keep him upright?

Everybody thought we were on upset watch the following week vs App St, then we rolled into Boone & beat the brakes off'em.

I know you guy really enjoy crying & bhitchin about every little thing, but the complete overreaction on this board over a meaningless game against Bethune has gone completely over the top.

I mean Lord have mercy people, this ****in board went into meltdown mode over the smallest ****.

Yall act like it's impossible for a team to play differently from week to week, I'm sure you guys have actually seen a Football game before so why the **** is everybody all of the sudden acting like the season is already over after 1 game lol.

I just watched that game again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6qJDpj0be8

At the same stage as last year our line is so much better our running game is so much better and i think our qb is a better college qb then kaaya

I think every position on our team is better this year besides our safeties and tight end(we still have herndon tho)

We just played lazy it happens i think its a wake up call and diaz will rip our players.

We will come into arkansas state and beat them by 30 points minimum bump this saturday night

Ah c'mon, Kaaya is a better QB than Rosier. That's a clear downgrade overall - even if Rosier can do some things Kaaya couldn't with his legs.

Remember last year when we played ****ty vs FAU, Kaaya threw 2INT's & the OL struggled to keep him upright?

Everybody thought we were on upset watch the following week vs App St, then we rolled into Boone & beat the brakes off'em.

I know you guy really enjoy crying & bhitchin about every little thing, but the complete overreaction on this board over a meaningless game against Bethune has gone completely over the top.

I mean Lord have mercy people, this ****in board went into meltdown mode over the smallest ****.

Yall act like it's impossible for a team to play differently from week to week, I'm sure you guys have actually seen a Football game before so why the **** is everybody all of the sudden acting like the season is already over after 1 game lol.

At the same stage as last year our line is so much better our running game is so much better and i think our qb is a better college qb then kaaya

I think every position on our team is better this year besides our safeties and tight end(we still have herndon tho)

We just played lazy it happens i think its a wake up call and diaz will rip our players.

We will come into arkansas state and beat them by 30 points minimum bump this saturday night

Ah c'mon, Kaaya is a better QB than Rosier. That's a clear downgrade overall - even if Rosier can do some things Kaaya couldn't with his legs.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Rosier couldn't beat him out in three years, what does that tell you?

Advertisement
Y'all are way too worked up. They won't be able to slow us down on offense, and won't be able to run the ball effectively. They'll throw a million passes which will lead to mistakes and turnovers. I'd just rush 4-5 a play and force their QB to throw into coverage.

If they do keep it close then our size and speed will be too much for them in the 4th qtr. Not worried.

Quoted for posterity. We will see, I guess.

If Rosier goes to Tallahassee and beats FSU, all of Brad Kaaya's stats and accomplishments while at UM become as valuable as Haitian penny stocks.

giphy.gif

Trubisky couldnt beat out Marquise Williams.... who was the better qb?

Coaches play favorites. That simple. Rosier will be a better college qb than kaaya

Advertisement
Kaaya literally had zero wins against teams ranked in the top 25 during his entire career. Rosier beat #22 ranked Duke in his first start. Keep your gaudy stats. I want Ws.

They threw the ball 68 times in real life?

They won't do that against Miami. Otherwise there will be at least 4 INT's this weekend no BS.

Coach Richt was right. We faced a veteran BCU team. Give them a little credit. Their roster is full of SF kids, and they came to play. They clearly looked at the second half of the FSU game from last season where they went to the short passing game, and they used that as their base offense. It was a smart move on their part. So was going at Delaney since they were having success against him. Manny didn't make adjustments from what I could see, and we tried to get as many guys live reps as possible. That game is over - let it go. It was the first game of the season.

Kudos to Arkansas St. for playing Nebraska tough at their place. We're not Nebraska though. I have zero fear of playing Arkansas State. Stop with the Chicken Little routine. The only legit fears are either Diaz not making adjustments or our team overlooking ASU because of the game against FSU, but that's not going to happen after our guys see the film of the BCU game and the film from the ASU vs. Nebraska game. We are better than they are at every position.

Yooo. My Brother and I said the same thing. That BC team we should played is pretty good believe or not. They have Veterans and they have lots of south Florida kids on their team, I know it was BC but those things should not be over looked.

Advertisement
AK State has grown men @ WR 6-1+ @ 215 to 225.. they ran the bubble screen all night long for 8-20 yds against NE.. we certainly didn't show any ability to stop that type of play against BC.. We don't have Corn or Colbert on the field that could defend that play without a bunch of help.. Manny, Rumph & Banda need to figure out how they want to play against that play.. NE had no answers.. Ark State qb threw some incompletions, but they went up tempo...

Ark State doesn't have a running back like App State did, however, their wr are much better.

We need to show up play physical and tackle..

Advertisement
I'm not as confident about us rolling. I'm a nervous idiot so I listened to more Nebraska post game coverage than I care to admit. Yesterday put me in a bad way.

ARKST thrived on the short passing game (8.6 ypc/6.1 ypa). Seem familiar? If we try to out muscle their OL for the first 2 seconds of every play we'll make the game unnecessarily tight. Yesterday was the first time since he's been here that I can say Manny didn't seem to adjust to his opponent. He's had a bad half before, but he almost never has a bad game. Everything B-C did ok (I can't believe I'm saying that) ARKST will do much better. Every weakness we showed yesterday will be magnified against them.

I expect it starts off badly. We get punched in the mouth a few times. Then it'll be on this over inflated D to act like champions and not just talk like them. Because yesterday was silly and concerning.

Arkansas State isn't BC. Yesterday, those short passes were walking BC down the field - and we'd have one DB covering two receivers! Quick pop, first down.

Since Arkansas State can't run - guess what they'll be doing - especially since BC just showed them yesterday how to go down the field?

Manny needs to get off the stick, our defense needs to take better angles, and then tackle.

I'm not sure what I was seeing on our defense yesterday. Not a clue.

You were seeing a veteran head coach make a wise decision to rotate a ton of guys through our base defense, and get them some game reps that we can study on tape to learn from and improve on. CMR understands that as the season grinds along, we're going to have to lean on some of our younger guys to step up and play well for us from time to time. Jonathan Garvin is a third string DE and his name was being called in the first quarter.

I am supremely confident that had we wanted to, we could have limited rotation to the ones and twos for three quarters and won this meaningless game by 60.

Kaaya literally had zero wins against teams ranked in the top 25 during his entire career. Rosier beat #22 ranked Duke in his first start. Keep your gaudy stats. I want Ws.

I don't think that's true, even excluding WVU and teams that didn't finish ranked.

But still- he was 0-3 against FSU. Maybe QBs get too much credit and blame, but he had single-score margins at the ends of the fourth quarters and couldn't finish once.

You mean the Appalachian State team that went on the road to Tennessee and lost in overtime, better than that App State team? Throw it 50 times on Miami and you'll likely see a sack record

Ark st threw 68 times on Neb and was only sacked one time.

their game plan involves every play to look like a run.. every snap has a fake/real hand off to the running back. go back and look at those 68 pass plays and watch. just enough fake to freeze momentarily the lb.

Arkansas State passed the ball almost 75% of the time (68 passes to 21 rushes), and totaled 415 yards passing to just 82 on the ground. I'm sorry, but if your defense is freezing on play action and run fakes while giving up 415 yards through the air, that's just a sign of an extremely poor coached defense.

That reminds me of Al Golden saying we played 2-deep zone and gave up 371 yards rushing against GaTech because we were concerned with the play-action passing game. They ran 65 running plays and 7 passing plays and beat us 28-17.

Last edited:
Those with viginas getting moist leading up to a game vs ****** Ark state. man the **** up people!!!

Advertisement
Back