Arkansas St can ball

Remember last year when we played ****** vs FAU, Kaaya threw 2INT's & the OL struggled to keep him upright?

Everybody thought we were on upset watch the following week vs App St, then we rolled into Boone & beat the brakes off'em.

I know you guy really enjoy crying & bhitchin about every little thing, but the complete overreaction on this board over a meaningless game against Bethune has gone completely over the top.

I mean Lord have mercy people, this ****** board went into meltdown mode over the smallest ****.

Yall act like it's impossible for a team to play differently from week to week, I'm sure you guys have actually seen a Football game before so why the **** is everybody all of the sudden acting like the season is already over after 1 game lol.

Advertisement
You mean the Appalachian State team that went on the road to Tennessee and lost in overtime, better than that App State team? Throw it 50 times on Miami and you'll likely see a sack record

Ark st threw 68 times on Neb and was only sacked one time.

Remember last year when we played ****ty vs FAU, Kaaya threw 2INT's & the OL struggled to keep him upright?

Everybody thought we were on upset watch the following week vs App St, then we rolled into Boone & beat the brakes off'em.

I know you guy really enjoy crying & bhitchin about every little thing, but the complete overreaction on this board over a meaningless game against Bethune has gone completely over the top.

I mean Lord have mercy people, this ****in board went into meltdown mode over the smallest ****.

Yall act like it's impossible for a team to play differently from week to week, I'm sure you guys have actually seen a Football game before so why the **** is everybody all of the sudden acting like the season is already over after 1 game lol.

Thank you!
It's impossible to take anything from this one game that will give you any insight into how the team will be the rest of the year.
Last year Alabam played Chattanooga Mocs at home and won 31-3
At this moment we don't know anything about how the year will turn out.

I'm not as confident about us rolling. I'm a nervous idiot so I listened to more Nebraska post game coverage than I care to admit. Yesterday put me in a bad way.

ARKST thrived on the short passing game (8.6 ypc/6.1 ypa). Seem familiar? If we try to out muscle their OL for the first 2 seconds of every play we'll make the game unnecessarily tight. Yesterday was the first time since he's been here that I can say Manny didn't seem to adjust to his opponent. He's had a bad half before, but he almost never has a bad game. Everything B-C did ok (I can't believe I'm saying that) ARKST will do much better. Every weakness we showed yesterday will be magnified against them.

I expect it starts off badly. We get punched in the mouth a few times. Then it'll be on this over inflated D to act like champions and not just talk like them. Because yesterday was silly and concerning.

Arkansas State isn't BC. Yesterday, those short passes were walking BC down the field - and we'd have one DB covering two receivers! Quick pop, first down.

Since Arkansas State can't run - guess what they'll be doing - especially since BC just showed them yesterday how to go down the field?

Manny needs to get off the stick, our defense needs to take better angles, and then tackle.

I'm not sure what I was seeing on our defense yesterday. Not a clue.

Advertisement
we will roll. we are not Nebraska and, like with App St last year, Arky just put all their best film on tape.... and now we get to break it down and piece them apart.

very similar to app state situation

BCU game was the worst thing to happen to this board & the best thing to happen to the team. I am SOOOO happy we played ****** vs BCU. What do you learn from a 70-0 blowout? Nothing. They are going to learn a ton from yesterdays game & play ****ed off Saturday. It also will help us avoid the look ahead spot. Normally I'd be thinking FSU FSU GAME right now but I'm not & idt our boys will be either.

real talk it was ******* Bethune... Make it so bad, Cookman is not a lil brother, more like some retarded kid down the road you try to avoid

Advertisement
If we don't sure up the flats and those short passes across the middle they won't have to worry about stopping our offense cause we won't have the ball.

I'm 65 yrs old and could have completed 40 % of my passes to the flats yesterday..lol

Diaz has to stop blitzing every **** play and give these corners some help until they get it figured out or it's gonna be a looooooong day.Should we win? Sure,we have more talent.But after watching that QB torch us yesterday I'm not looking past anyone thinking it will be a cakewalk.

If it is I'll be the first one on here to say I was wrong.Hope I am.

212 yards, 0 TD's, 1 Int on 35 attempts.
I don't know if I agree with "torched" as a term that would describe their QB's performance..

Remember last year when we played ****ty vs FAU, Kaaya threw 2INT's & the OL struggled to keep him upright?

I mean Lord have mercy people, this ****in board went into meltdown mode over the smallest ****.

Apparently coach Kool will have to "prove" himself next game.
Never mind what he did with the DL last year or what he has done his entire career.
Based on last game and last game alone...if the DL is not lights out next game he is officially a bum.

The season, according to some, was over after the first quarter.
Just a bit premature.

It reminded me of that scene in the movie "Caddy Shack".
When the girl is a day and a half late for her period and she tells the kid...
"I've already decided...i'm keeping the baby"

Advertisement
Most of these "sunshine pumpers" never watched the Ark St game, I can guarantee that.

Because if you watched our game and theirs, there would be plenty of reasons to be concerned...

Advertisement
You mean the Appalachian State team that went on the road to Tennessee and lost in overtime, better than that App State team? Throw it 50 times on Miami and you'll likely see a sack record

Ark st threw 68 times on Neb and was only sacked one time.

their game plan involves every play to look like a run.. every snap has a fake/real hand off to the running back. go back and look at those 68 pass plays and watch. just enough fake to freeze momentarily the lb.

They put up 415 yards passing vs Nebraska. We better sure up a pass rush and tighten up our DBacks fast!
Also outside of our first three LB's and Free Mike, we looked lousy tackling! Gotta love the kid but DO is painfully slow. Maybe Steed will help

DO looks gimpy, still. I don't know if he's fully recovered or, like [MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION] said, mental. He had several V-lines to the RB last night and just got move laterally when they made a move. Smh. But u are absolutely right...Ark St moved the rock and that's not a gimme based on what we saw from our def.

Most of these "sunshine pumpers" never watched the Ark St game, I can guarantee that.

Because if you watched our game and theirs, there would be plenty of reasons to be concerned...

their scheme is much like the option. every snap involves the running back in some way. this game will be won by playing assignment football.

That's what I've been saying. The defense had a bad game, but most of our defense from last year is back. It's not like talent and skill are the problem. If we have the same struggles against Ark. St., then I'll worry about the rest of the season.

****, FSU played defense like crap heading into our game. We thought we were going to roll on them. Then they turned the switch on.

Advertisement
Back