Arkansas St can ball

Most of these "sunshine pumpers" never watched the Ark St game, I can guarantee that.

Because if you watched our game and theirs, there would be plenty of reasons to be concerned...

their scheme is much like the option. every snap involves the running back in some way. this game will be won by playing assignment football.

They run their system like clockwork along with very little time between plays.... no time to think. A young D can get rattled and free lance...

Have to be ultra disciplined

Advertisement
Remember last year when we played ****ty vs FAU, Kaaya threw 2INT's & the OL struggled to keep him upright?

Everybody thought we were on upset watch the following week vs App St, then we rolled into Boone & beat the brakes off'em.

I know you guy really enjoy crying & bhitchin about every little thing, but the complete overreaction on this board over a meaningless game against Bethune has gone completely over the top.

I mean Lord have mercy people, this ****in board went into meltdown mode over the smallest ****.

Yall act like it's impossible for a team to play differently from week to week, I'm sure you guys have actually seen a Football game before so why the **** is everybody all of the sudden acting like the season is already over after 1 game lol.

I just watched that game again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6qJDpj0be8

At the same stage as last year our line is so much better our running game is so much better and i think our qb is a better college qb then kaaya

I think every position on our team is better this year besides our safeties and tight end(we still have herndon tho)

We just played lazy it happens i think its a wake up call and diaz will rip our players.

We will come into arkansas state and beat them by 30 points minimum bump this saturday night

You mean the Appalachian State team that went on the road to Tennessee and lost in overtime, better than that App State team? Throw it 50 times on Miami and you'll likely see a sack record

Ark st threw 68 times on Neb and was only sacked one time.

offense is very similar to what we saw yesterday../he doesnt hold th eball longer than 3 seconds...they dont throw the ball vertically.

They also trot out a 5'5 rb

Didn't we play them in 2014?

Yes, and beat them 41-20

Isn't that the game when dude fainted on the punt? Lol

IMG_0053.gif

Hope hes still on the team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu7hbrIAK6U

Their highlights

Im calling it now jeff thomas will return a kick for a td in that game bump this later

Im saying this again look how sh1tty they r at tackling/covering our skill players will go off. expect some touchdowns from the freshmen recievers.

Immoble/inaccurate qb predict 5 sacks from the team one from garvin and or from johnson

Predict a interception from young again and from delaney

I predict another hit stick from amari carter

I predict 100+ yards and a TD from richards

I predict 200+ combined yards and 2 touchdowns from walton/homer

I say we roll... App state pt 2

Score predictions 45-17 Canes

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
We'll see a more focused team this week I will bet on it. I'm not worried, Nebraska's defense is straight trash.

I'm not worried about games against teams we severely outman.

I'm amused at all the Happy Adjuster claims of Top 5 this and Top 5 that.

When we have elite defensive tackles we'll know it, because their names and numbers will be in the backfield play after play, and not invisible and irrelevant in the pile.

Coach Richt was right. We faced a veteran BCU team. Give them a little credit. Their roster is full of SF kids, and they came to play. They clearly looked at the second half of the FSU game from last season where they went to the short passing game, and they used that as their base offense. It was a smart move on their part. So was going at Delaney since they were having success against him. Manny didn't make adjustments from what I could see, and we tried to get as many guys live reps as possible. That game is over - let it go. It was the first game of the season.

Kudos to Arkansas St. for playing Nebraska tough at their place. We're not Nebraska though. I have zero fear of playing Arkansas State. Stop with the Chicken Little routine. The only legit fears are either Diaz not making adjustments or our team overlooking ASU because of the game against FSU, but that's not going to happen after our guys see the film of the BCU game and the film from the ASU vs. Nebraska game. We are better than they are at every position.

Arky State HC is Blake Anderson....used to be OC @ NC...worked with Fedora. Their QB is an Oklahoma transfer. The D better have their **** together this week.

Advertisement
App State is one dimensional with running the ball. Arkansas State will be more of a challenge.

they threw the ball like around 62 times. That sounds pretty one dimensional to me too.

You're right. They threw for 415, ran for 87 and put 36 points vs. Nebraska on the road. Safe to say AS is a bit more talented than App State.

You realize they're in the same conference. Arky State was 8-5, 7-1 and App State was 10-3, 7-1. They didn't play each other.

I am aware; however, I was impressed by AS last night. AS's Offense will be a bigger challenge than App state was last year. Thankfully, their D isn't that impressive. I think this game will be closer than last year's App game. We shall see.

That's fine when you say it like that

Shotgun/spread type option with a RB or slot usually in motion. Our DL better wake up, as they SHOULD have a field day against their OL and type of offense. Our back 7 better tackle though as they have some talent at the skill position. Their QB will make some plays with his arm.

They run a 3-4 D. Their DE #54 is solid. We **** well better run for 300yds as a team. Sprinkle in some play action and add a ST or defensive touchdown, I predict 38-13.

Holy ****, I just realized Nebraska's QB last night was Tulane transfer Tanner Lee. That guy sucks ***.

I'm not as confident about us rolling. I'm a nervous idiot so I listened to more Nebraska post game coverage than I care to admit. Yesterday put me in a bad way.

ARKST thrived on the short passing game (8.6 ypc/6.1 ypa). Seem familiar? If we try to out muscle their OL for the first 2 seconds of every play we'll make the game unnecessarily tight. Yesterday was the first time since he's been here that I can say Manny didn't seem to adjust to his opponent. He's had a bad half before, but he almost never has a bad game. Everything B-C did ok (I can't believe I'm saying that) ARKST will do much better. Every weakness we showed yesterday will be magnified against them.

I expect it starts off badly. We get punched in the mouth a few times. Then it'll be on this over inflated D to act like champions and not just talk like them. Because yesterday was silly and concerning.

Inday, That's a legitimate concern but I think the BC game will help us be ready. My guess is that it won't be pleasant in the defensive rooms this week.

Advertisement
This is going to be a long ******* week. I think we'll be fine though. I don't think we'll beat the Walmart off of them like we beat the incest off of App State last year, but I don't think it'll be a dogfight. I do want to point out that almost everyone had Nebraska pegged to finish 3rd in the Big 10 West. Not the Big 10. The Big 10 West. They're like the 5th or 6th best team in the Big 10 overall. They're supposed to be 8-4 or 7-5. Just throwing that out there.

they threw the ball like around 62 times. That sounds pretty one dimensional to me too.

You're right. They threw for 415, ran for 87 and put 36 points vs. Nebraska on the road. Safe to say AS is a bit more talented than App State.

You realize they're in the same conference. Arky State was 8-5, 7-1 and App State was 10-3, 7-1. They didn't play each other.

I am aware; however, I was impressed by AS last night. AS's Offense will be a bigger challenge than App state was last year. Thankfully, their D isn't that impressive. I think this game will be closer than last year's App game. We shall see.

That's fine when you say it like that

He referred to App St. being 1 dimensional and that Ark St. would be a bigger challenge. Ark St. seems just as 1 dimensional. Talent level is not in dispute, so I don't disagree from that standpoint they present more of a challenge. Should have just said that from the beginning.

Advertisement
Remember last year when we played ****ty vs FAU, Kaaya threw 2INT's & the OL struggled to keep him upright?

Everybody thought we were on upset watch the following week vs App St, then we rolled into Boone & beat the brakes off'em.

I know you guy really enjoy crying & bhitchin about every little thing, but the complete overreaction on this board over a meaningless game against Bethune has gone completely over the top.

I mean Lord have mercy people, this ****in board went into meltdown mode over the smallest ****.

Yall act like it's impossible for a team to play differently from week to week, I'm sure you guys have actually seen a Football game before so why the **** is everybody all of the sudden acting like the season is already over after 1 game lol.

Apparently coach Kool will have to "prove" himself next game.
Never mind what he did with the DL last year or what he has done his entire career.
Based on last game and last game alone...if the DL is not lights out next game he is officially a bum.

Not sure how your husband puts up with your drama, but in any case no one said he was a bum and as I previously stated what he's done last year etc. means squat, the defensive line was ineffective vs a team we should have dominated and there seemed to be few if any adjustments.
What happened to all the talk about batting balls, if the QB is dropping quick and firing then I would have expected them to get their hands up. The DE's seemingly lost containment all game, where was Norton?
Plain and simple, I expected more, we can agree to disagree.

Advertisement
Back