Ariz- you are strangely quiet on Sony:(

Where did you hear that?

My college room mate works in the football office at Clemson. He is one of those "recruiting analysts". Call the head coach at American to see Sony still had interest and said "Sony has committed already". When asked what school, he said "You will most likely find out friday just like me". My friend thinks is almost certain its UGA

LMAO. you said you "heard" he committed to UGA. now its some BS story and you add at the end that this "room mate" thinks its UGA

LOLOLOLOL

Negged

Advertisement
It scares the **** out of me that Ariz popped in this thread and still didn't deal with the Sony question.

BTW, +1000 to everything Swag said.

Why? You think Sony confided in him he was all UGA? If you believe that I have a dam here in Vegas they call Hoover Dam I can sell it to you. It generates a lot of electricity and is really cool place.

Is shipping on the dam free? I can see the shipping cost killing the deal.

Why ruin his announcement by committing a few days before?

We will all find out soon enough. I have to believe we have a decent shot

Stacy Coley committed to Miami that Monday before signing day and yes people knew he was coming to UM the last couple days before his announcement. Tracy Howard too he silently commited to the staff after his visit the last weekend before signing day and yes it did get leaked out even gator beat writers the last 2 days knew Tracy was coming to Miami. These silent commitments get out easily days leading up to some of these announcements because coaches want to know so they can move on or not. Most of the time on these announcements staffs know days in advance if the kid is coming or not..

Advertisement
Why ruin his announcement by committing a few days before?

We will all find out soon enough. I have to believe we have a decent shot

Stacy Coley committed to Miami that Monday before signing day and yes people knew he was coming to UM the last couple days before his announcement. Tracy Howard too he silently commited to the staff after his visit the last weekend before signing day and yes it did get leaked out even gator beat writers the last 2 days knew Tracy was coming to Miami. These silent commitments get out easily days leading up to some of these announcements because coaches want to know so they can move on or not. Most of the time on these announcements staffs know days in advance if the kid is coming or not..
You havea point but its a little different when its NSD, because even if the coaches don't know about sony they still have like 10 months to figure stuff out, on NSD, there's no time

Sony's a must get anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves

At first I always thought this but honestly RB in college and the NFL is the easiest position for rookies or freshman to dominate and you can find RB anywhere all the time. Now obviously Sony is special but will Miami team suffer if he's elsewhere **** no.. I mean it's not like we don't already have a 5 star rb committed already.. You're saying Sony is a must get because he is a 5 star rb in our backyard and was all but committed to us for 5 years and it's devastating that UGA swooped in a year and stole him in our backyard. If Sony chooses UGA i'll bet my life on it Miami will sign another 4 or 5 star RB in the coming months just because recruits seen he picked elsewhere instead of UM. Not saying Cook will flip but if he sees Sony passed on UM it might make him want to come here now who knows but RB is the easiest position to recruit and find good solid players. CB,DT,QB those are postions you need to do your homework on and work hard at finding good fits and elite guys RB's not so much..

Sony's a must get anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves

At first I always thought this but honestly RB in college and the NFL is the easiest position for rookies or freshman to dominate and you can find RB anywhere all the time. Now obviously Sony is special but will Miami team suffer if he's elsewhere **** no.. I mean it's not like we don't already have a 5 star rb committed already.. You're saying Sony is a must get because he is a 5 star rb in our backyard and was all but committed to us for 5 years and it's devastating that UGA swooped in a year and stole him in our backyard. If Sony chooses UGA i'll bet my life on it Miami will sign another 4 or 5 star RB in the coming months just because recruits seen he picked elsewhere instead of UM. Not saying Cook will flip but if he sees Sony passed on UM it might make him want to come here now who knows but RB is the easiest position to recruit and find good solid players. CB,DT,QB those are postions you need to do your homework on and work hard at finding good fits and elite guys RB's not so much..

See that's the attitude I don't like, the "eh we don't need him" to an elite local prospect. Hate to break it to you but that's the attitude gets us another century of 7 and 8 win seasons

Advertisement
Whether he picks Miami or picks Georgia, I'll be using the "ignore user" button quite a bit come Friday.

Our fan base has to be top 5 WOAT when it comes to recruiting.

Advertisement
Smh lets just wait till Friday all this talk is so tiring and never goes anywhere because nobody here except the moderators and Sonys cousin actually know Sony. If he goes to UGA then too bad but the staff will still recruit him, if he comes here we celebrate but still have to fight to keep him so let's just wait

Smh lets just wait till Friday all this talk is so tiring and never goes anywhere because nobody here except the moderators and Sonys cousin actually know Sony. If he goes to UGA then too bad but the staff will still recruit him, if he comes here we celebrate but still have to fight to keep him so let's just wait
Sony always seemed to me like the type of kid who will stick with his decision but hey, **** happens in recruiting

Advertisement
Sony always seemed to me like the type of kid who will stick with his decision but hey, **** happens in recruiting

I think he would stick too but no staff can just quit on a talent like him

The homerism is crazy, took me a year to really understand how bad it is

please explain

I love Miami just as everyone else on the board, but to say we are at the top of college football is stupid. We have gone 13-11 the last two years. Yes, we are on the rise and I expect 10 wins this year, but recruits cant always be looking at teams "on the rise" they have to make the best business decison for themselves and if Sony thinks UGA is that because of how their running backs produce than thats the college hes going to pick. He grew up a huge cane fan, but he has to make the best decision for him. I would be stunned if he didnt pick UGA & I hope he picks Miami, but I doubt he will

i have to agree with you, these kids are trendy as ****, they go with whatever is big at the time, IF we have a good season i expect us to get some good recruits

Cook is waiting to see what Sony does. If Sony doesnt come I believe Cook will. I will take a Yearby, Cook duo with these offensive line recruits any day over getting one Sony. We will be fine. If he goes he just wants to get out of town for college. Some guys do. I think either way we are fine.

Advertisement
Back