Are you happy with 9-3?

Are you happy with 9-3 this year

• Yes

Votes: 25 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 113 81.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At some point there can't be any excuses for failure.

We MUST win 10 & win the Coastal whenever we do play games this year (if we play).

There's not a single team on our schedule that's significantly better than us, the difference will be coaching.

If Manny can't rally this team to a Coastal title this year he needs to go. We have enough to do it, there are no excuses, not even Covid-19 quarantine is a good enough excuse for a losing season this year.

Just win the got damned games. Just win. Don't tell me about weather, injuries, viruses, or anything else, just win (whenever we play).

Advertisement
This was my sentiment as well before I started the thread.

I can't say I'm HAPPY with 3 losses on that schedule. I just can't. Even though I know this isn't 2002. I just can't say yeah, I'm happy.

But I'd be able to live with it, I think. At least it's some progress.
I'm an idiot and drinking the Lashlee/King cool aid. Anything over 1 loss and I'll be ****ed, that schedule is dog **** and I don't think the team will be better the following year so I can't accept 3 losses next year knowing it will probably be more than that the year after.

I'm willing to put my mental health on the line yet again.

You hire a coach that puts up at least 30 on everyone. Then you get a qb that runs and thrived in that system. You assembled a defense that every year someone says “if we averaged 23 points we would be.....”
Excuse meter right now is at 0.00 Manolo. This time right here is ten wins period end of story. You busted this nut in those guts.

1588285463859.gif

He wasn’t getting fired year 1.

And he will not get fired if he loses to Temple and still wins 9 games. (By the way, this is all moot, the odds of that are unlikely we lose to Temple and rally to 9 wins which likely wins the Coastal because UM teams don't bounce back, they declare it the end of the season and get ready for the unDraft-ed testing.)

The U, that's us, cares about winning. The University, that's them, would like to win, but it isn't a priority. If it was, he'd have been gone already, year 1 or not, that's the point. The program has been an embarrassment on a national stage for a decade, and they've been slow to react and even slower to invest. Show them a big name surgical or oncologist team, or a law professor who clerked for multiple SCOTUS justices, and all of a sudden there's tens of millions available.

Advertisement
Reality bites....
But I still walk around wearing that U like we're The Champs.
So tf do I....And HOPE somebody runs there mouth....Dont ask the verbal altercations I've been involved with here in Orlando the past 15+ yrs... To the point of my GF having to step in at a Publix in Downtown (her Condo is above Publix)....Lol...

Another bad year and Diaz doesn't see year 3. I'm a pretty forgiving guy, but I don't see 9-3 as a success, especially with the expected change in offense and a transfer QB that set records in the AAC (in case people didn't know- in 2018 he was responsible for more points per game than ANYONE in CFB- yes, even more than Trevor Lawrence, Tagaviola, or Heisman Trophy Winner Kyler Murray).

Anything less than 10 wins and the acc coastal should mean the start of the Mario Cristobal era. There is no Alabama, LSU, or even UF on the schedule so there is no room for conversation about a "good loss."

So tf do I....And HOPE somebody runs there mouth....Dont ask the verbal altercations I've been involved with here in Orlando the past 15+ yrs... To the point of my GF having to step in at a Publix in Downtown (her Condo is above Publix)....Lol...
If i lived by you. They'll have our pictures on the walls...

Advertisement
Agree 1000%...how we have only won the coastal once is mind boggling.
IMO the Coastal is the floor. Which probably coincides with about 9-3. So you're right.

But to me, winning the Coastal should be the literal worst we should accept. Whether that's at 12-0 or 8-4, that should be goal #1 because it should be such a ******* joke to accomplish.

Advertisement
Maybe just maybe, it's because on paper we are clearly more talented than any team on our schedule except for Mich St. and fsu.
I don't think that at all... Wake Forest is probably the only team I mentioned that on paper were better than. We have Good DEs and TEs and everything else is a big question mark.

At some point there can't be any excuses for failure.

We MUST win 10 & win the Coastal whenever we do play games this year (if we play).

There's not a single team on our schedule that's significantly better than us, the difference will be coaching.

If Manny can't rally this team to a Coastal title this year he needs to go. We have enough to do it, there are no excuses, not even Covid-19 quarantine is a good enough excuse for a losing season this year.

Just win the got damned games. Just win. Don't tell me about weather, injuries, viruses, or anything else, just win (whenever we play).
I disagree

Florida State
Michigan State
North Carolina
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Pittsburgh are just as talented as us. Wake Forest is pretty close as well.

Stoops won a NC in year 2. Tressel. Urban. The list goes on. We’re asking for double digit wins in year TWO and these new fad Miami fans think it’s too much. Comical. And we wonder why Miami has fallen. Losers all over. Admin, coaching, and fans.

Plus, they did it with real schedules. Not this cupcake **** we have.

Advertisement
I don’t know. I’m on the D’Eriq King/Lashlee bandwagon.

A spread Miami has me feeling like more than 10 wins.

I’d be as mad at 9-3 as I am every year. Because every year we play a GARBAGE schedule. The ACC coastal is trash. ******* sweep the division. VT/GT have dominated the ACC coastal since this conference started.

Please finally beat somebody Miami. Happy is sweeping the ACC coastal.

Manny can actually ****around and will himself to 12-0 this year. It’s what happens when you play garbage teams. There is ALWAYS a chance. In 2017 we knew we were not that **** good. We played Clemson in Charlotte with a chance to go to the playoffs. Were we playoff good? NO!

I drove to that game in Charlotte to hope we pulled a miracle. I didn’t think we were that good. But **** play the games.

We could go 12-0 this year. We’d be the weakest 12-0 since ND went 12-0 to the playoff. Or the Michigan State team that went to the playoff.

You know you’re not winning the ****. But this roster can absolutely beat very team on the regular season schedule. Clemson Im not so sure about. But the fact that we CAN beat every single team in the regular season will have me ****ED if we went 9-3 with ANOTHER GARBAGE *** SCHEDULE.

I disagree

Florida State
Michigan State
North Carolina
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Pittsburgh are just as talented as us. Wake Forest is pretty close as well.

None of those teams beside FSU is even within 20% of Miami on the blue chip ratio. FSU has a higher ratio, but as I said before, in the most important department- QB- it's embarrassingly lopsided in favor of Miami. Like the difference between a 5 star and 1 star. I'd rather have Jarren Williams than James Blackman. If you are saying those are better "TEAMS" than Miami, then you might have argument. But talent-wise? Not a contest.

Advertisement
Back