• Yes

Votes: 25 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 113 81.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Did my post confuse you or something!
Not at all Cal, just thinking you must be one disappointed cat when we lose to teams like FIU on Homecoming and your bottom line is "undefeated national champion". But you do you buddy, maybe one day we get back to 2001 type teams, but I'm not holding my breath champ.

Last edited:
All that needs to be said ^ 9-3 is a HUGE YEAR for this once great program. Win a bowl game too? Best year in what 18 years?

So we should consider it a great year just because it's better than what we've had recently? Jesus.

And, no, 9-3 would not be unprecedented since 2002. In 2003, we were 11-2. In 2004-05, we were 9-3. In 2009 and 2013, we were 9-3 in the regular season. In 2017, we were 10-3.

Following that up with a bowl win would make it only our second 10 win season since 2003. Although it's still pretty ridiculous to call 10-3 an "achievement". And really the win over Wagner (a team that went 1-11 in FCS last year) would be the only difference between that and the 9-3 seasons in 04-05.

Last edited:
So we should consider it a great year just because it's better than what we've had recently? Jesus.

And, no, 9-3 would not be unprecedented since 2002. In 2003, we were 11-2. In 2004-05, we were 9-3. In 2009 and 2013, we were 9-3 in the regular season. In 2017, we were 10-3.
The program is batting .277 for 9+ win seasons in 18 years

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wouldn't be happy with it no, but I also wouldn't be mad at it as it is a step forward.

Happy for me is 10-2 reg season, put up a fight against Clemson in the ACCCG and win the bowl game and finished ranked.

Like I figured. Definitely not best but top 5 candidate? For sure.
I wouldn't be ecstatic but definitely content.
It's been hard times...

Advertisement
This team may flatline if they lose to Temple. You can bet Temple will be pulling out all the gadget shiit to beat their "former corch." You know **** well Mandy is sweating bullets thinking about that game. That's how pathetic the current situation at Miami is.

The 44-21 win over Temple in 2002 was Miami's closest win over Temple in the 13 matchups from 1992-2005. (Temple actually creamed Miami 34-0 way back in 1930, which was the lone matchup before 1992.)

My God, losing to Temple would be awful.

Stoops won a NC in year 2. Tressel. Urban. The list goes on. We’re asking for double digit wins in year TWO and these new fad Miami fans think it’s too much. Comical. And we wonder why Miami has fallen. Losers all over. Admin, coaching, and fans.
For all that being said only 2 of those things effect wins and loses (Admin/CoRching), and for 15+ years "fans" have been let down, hard not to pull back expectations unless you are not a realist

Not saying they're not quality opponents. I'm just saying it's possible Vegas will have us as favorites in every game this season, except maybe Michigan St bcuz it's on the road. Off that rationale, Miami could very well win all their games with the exception of maybe 1. Aside from that theory, on paper we are more talented than every team on the schedule. So yes, I would be disappointed with a 9-3 regular season finish.
I don't see why we would be favorites against anyone but Wake Forest. We're on par with all of those schools

Advertisement
Because it’s been a discussion on twitter today, I wanted to see what the board thinks.

This is a complete blanket question. No context. No “well if we lose to this team but beat this team.” No Charlotte talk. No bowl talk. And yes, I COMPLETELY understand that not all 9-3’s are created equal. But for the purposes of this, they are. If Miami finishes the regular season 9-3, are you happy?
Absolutely Not....If Manny can't win 10 with that Sissy *** schedule...He needs to be shown the door....

Advertisement
The 44-21 win over Temple in 2002 was Miami's closest win over Temple in the 13 matchups from 1992-2005. (Temple actually creamed Miami 34-0 way back in 1930, which was the lone matchup before 1992.)

Think about the times in the past when Miami faced an opponent like Temple, fans didn't look at their roster and care about who was returning on a team like that. We all knew Miami could play half-*** and still roll. Now, everybody will be taking a peek because of where this program currently is.

I think last year threw that logic out the window?

This was my sentiment as well before I started the thread.

I can't say I'm HAPPY with 3 losses on that schedule. I just can't. Even though I know this isn't 2002. I just can't say yeah, I'm happy.

But I'd be able to live with it, I think. At least it's some progress.
I remember going 9-3 a lot during the 90s and that had me steaming. That's a welcomed improvement for this past decade. And yet, still wouldn't like it.

Advertisement
Back