Are you happy with 9-3 this year

• Yes

Votes: 25 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 113 81.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Using the logic of "more talented team should win", Miami, in theory, should not lose any games on the schedule. Even with the FSU game where anything can happen- I believe FSU's starting QB is projected to be Blackman. Miami has King. Miami has a considerable advantage at the most important position.

Because it’s been a discussion on twitter today, I wanted to see what the board thinks.

This is a complete blanket question. No context. No “well if we lose to this team but beat this team.” No Charlotte talk. No bowl talk. And yes, I COMPLETELY understand that not all 9-3’s are created equal. But for the purposes of this, they are. If Miami finishes the regular season 9-3, are you happy?
**** no...9-3 should be our floor.

Advertisement
**** I had a dream we were beating vt 31-0 and King had 7 td passes. That's when I knew it was a dream.......dead ***. But dreams aside we should not lose a game if this offense is supposed to be legit.

This was my sentiment as well before I started the thread.

I can't say I'm HAPPY with 3 losses on that schedule. I just can't. Even though I know this isn't 2002. I just can't say yeah, I'm happy.

But I'd be able to live with it, I think. At least it's some progress.
I agree, but then we get to 9 wins and we lose a lot of our best talent, kinda sucks but I will take it. Hopefully this staff shows some ability to coach kids up and we build off that.

Because it’s been a discussion on twitter today, I wanted to see what the board thinks.

This is a complete blanket question. No context. No “well if we lose to this team but beat this team.” No Charlotte talk. No bowl talk. And yes, I COMPLETELY understand that not all 9-3’s are created equal. But for the purposes of this, they are. If Miami finishes the regular season 9-3, are you happy?

If we win the national championship at 9-3, then yeah, I'm good with it.

Otherwise, ...no.

Advertisement
I root for us to win every game and expect such, but I am a fan no matter the result as long as we give a Hurricane effort I am happy. No loss is going to make me happy as our great teams lost some games and got support so why does the count matter? Its our team and my only expectation is Hurricane attitude and effort let the chips fall where they may. Now losing to FIU and LA Tech was painful, no doubt. I still watch and attend when I can regardless of the record for love of the competition and support of the team I am most fond of.

**** no...9-3 should be our floor.

IMO the Coastal is the floor. Which probably coincides with about 9-3. So you're right.

But to me, winning the Coastal should be the literal worst we should accept. Whether that's at 12-0 or 8-4, that should be goal #1 because it should be such a ******* joke to accomplish.

Advertisement
IMO the Coastal is the floor. Which probably coincides with about 9-3. So you're right.

But to me, winning the Coastal should be the literal worst we should accept. Whether that's at 12-0 or 8-4, that should be goal #1 because it should be such a ******* joke to accomplish.
Absolutely, how we have won it ONCE only is embarrassing

Advertisement

Nope, not with this schedule...and no, I don't feel like my expectations are too high for a second year head coach...I expected 8-9 wins last year.

We’ve been to Charlotte once, yet the Coastal is the floor. Hahah y’all do this to yourself every year..

We’ve been to Charlotte once, yet the Coastal is the floor. Hahah y’all do this to yourself every year..

So if it's not, then you must be ecstatic with a 9-3 season?

The coastal is the bottom of the basement floor with a good coach.

Advertisement
Back