Are you happy with 9-3?

Are you happy with 9-3 this year

• Yes

Votes: 25 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 113 81.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd be satisfied with a 9-3 season in 2020. That would be a solid season to build off for recruiting. I would be 100% fine with becoming a Wisconsin like program, were we win 9-10 games a year and then once every couple of years we win 11 or 12

Advertisement
With this schedule, and our history of losing at least one game that we should have won, 9-3 is the expected, nothing to be happy about.
Happy begins at 10 wins.

Because it’s been a discussion on twitter today, I wanted to see what the board thinks.

This is a complete blanket question. No context. No “well if we lose to this team but beat this team.” No Charlotte talk. No bowl talk. And yes, I COMPLETELY understand that not all 9-3’s are created equal. But for the purposes of this, they are. If Miami finishes the regular season 9-3, are you happy?
Nope , absolutely not

Advertisement
I'm no Vegas czar, but it's very possible we could be favorite going into every game this season. No reason not to go into the ACC title game undefeated or at the very least with just 1 loss.

GO CANES!!!
North Carolina
Michigan State
Florida State
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Wake Forest

All 6 of these teams are quality opponents. We are definitely not above any of these schools outside of maybe Wake Forest.

North Carolina
Michigan State
Florida State
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Wake Forest

All 6 of these teams are quality opponents. We are definitely not above any of these schools outside of maybe Wake Forest.

Not saying they're not quality opponents. I'm just saying it's possible Vegas will have us as favorites in every game this season, except maybe Michigan St bcuz it's on the road. Off that rationale, Miami could very well win all their games with the exception of maybe 1. Aside from that theory, on paper we are more talented than every team on the schedule. So yes, I would be disappointed with a 9-3 regular season finish.

"The game at Duke is another one that the Miami football team will be a double-digit favorite. Miami became the college football first team in over 40 years to lose three games outright in the same season as at least a 14 point favorite. The Hurricanes have to be focused against Duke to finish 2019 strong."

For those that may not recall, Duke won that game by 10 points......

Advertisement
"The game at Duke is another one that the Miami football team will be a double-digit favorite. Miami became the college football first team in over 40 years to lose three games outright in the same season as at least a 14 point favorite. The Hurricanes have to be focused against Duke to finish 2019 strong."

For those that may not recall, Duke won that game by 10 points......

Duke won and it's still not acceptable in my eyes. We are head & shoulders more talented than any team in the ACC except for Clemson and fsu. Losing ACC games can be the norm, but it will never be acceptable as long as South Florida keeps producing the talent it does.

Because it’s been a discussion on twitter today, I wanted to see what the board thinks.

This is a complete blanket question. No context. No “well if we lose to this team but beat this team.” No Charlotte talk. No bowl talk. And yes, I COMPLETELY understand that not all 9-3’s are created equal. But for the purposes of this, they are. If Miami finishes the regular season 9-3, are you happy?

***** NO, I don't care what season or what year it is, it's still either, undefeated, national championship or Bust with me. That's been the problem here far to long, the standard has dropped way below UM standards, ****'s done got use to losing and think winning the coastal is the new level now, ***** THAT, that should never be the focus, neither the ACC championship game, when we get back to normal, those will just be collections along the way but bragging about being ACC champs means nothing to me! We get back to the old UM mentality where I remember the story but not the coach, but he was just coming to UM from out of town, and he said, he knew the dominant history already coming in, but what made it even more of a reality to em was they were having a meeting, and the meeting room was hot, so somebody propped the door open, at some point, he takes a closer look and notices it was a big east championship trophy being used to prop the door open, he said that's when he really knew and understood where he was at.

We are a long long way off from this type of thinking, imagine if we won the ACC championship game, flake james would probably have bugging boosters and alumni to build a new wing just for the ACC championship trophy, and try and disrespectfully name that wing after an all-time Great, that **** can't get his soft mentality *** outta here soon enuff! It's not a coincidence that UM overall women's sports have been doing way better than the overall men's sports for going on around 15 years.

Happy? ****, no. But it probably wouldn't be enough for me to get my pitchfork out.

Advertisement
***** NO, I don't care what season or what year it is, it's still either, undefeated, national championship or Bust with me. That's been the problem here far to long, the standard has dropped way below UM standards, ****'s done got use to losing and think winning the coastal is the new level now, ***** THAT, that should never be the focus, neither the ACC championship game, when we get back to normal, those will just be collections along the way but bragging about being ACC champs means nothing to me! We get back to the old UM mentality where I remember the story but not the coach, but he was just coming to UM from out of town, and he said, he knew the dominant history already coming in, but what made it even more of a reality to em was they were having a meeting, and the meeting room was hot, so somebody propped the door open, at some point, he takes a closer look and notices it was a big east championship trophy being used to prop the door open, he said that's when he really knew and understood where he was at.

We are a long long way off from this type of thinking, imagine if we won the ACC championship game, flake james would probably have bugging boosters and alumni to build a new wing just for the ACC championship trophy, and try and disrespectfully name that wing after an all-time Great, that **** can't get his soft mentality *** outta here soon enuff! It's not a coincidence that UM overall women's sports have been doing way better than the overall men's sports for going on around 15 years.
undefeated national champion or bust.... that is all you expect every season?

We're lying to ourselves, fellas....
It's not o.k. by old school standards. Complete reality by these day's standards.

Advertisement
If we go 9-3 and lose the ACCCG to Clemson, then win the bowl game (maybe OB?), we’d finish 10-4 and probably top 20. I think that’s the exact point where I wouldn’t be happy or disappointed. Solid season and step forward.

if we go 9-3, lose the coastal and lose the bowl game to finish 9-4 and maybe unranked - failure of a season.

I never understood why people blow off the bowl game as unimportant, very often that game makes or breaks your season. 2016 Richts first year, if we lose to WVU and finish 8-5 and unranked, that whole season is a failure. But we won the bowl game, finished 9-4 and top 20, and it felt like a very successful season.

After 2017, the season almost felt like a failure because of the way it finished. If we won the bowl game, 11-2 and top 10, it would’ve felt completely different.

Advertisement
Back