Are we taking to many Commitments this early?

That's just it - you are moving the goalposts. You can't claim both "chips or bust" and "well, at least they finished ranked" as if both support the same argument.

What you fail to comprehend is that there is a wide chasm separating people that "care about recruiting" and people that hold mr. 247's pocket.

Who is mediocre? I mean, I get it. Per Orignal247Lover, the verdict is in on Manny Diaz. But most people don't go barge into the kitchen at Peter Luger, take a bite out of a raw porterhouse, then complain that it's not as good as the one that was cooked to medium rare.

Actually you can.

You can say chips or bust, while also realizing that the teams that recruit at a high level are coming closer to winning a chip than teams that sign a ton of 3 stars.

I still claim chips or bust, but I would rather us be a loaded with 5 star team losing in the playoffs every year then a team with a bunch of 3 stars fighting tooth and nail to win the coastal each year.

Your analogy is terrible. Anyone with the correct number of chromosomes can see what is happening. The guy recruited poorly his entire career. Now he is the HC and is still recruiting poorly. If the guy was killing it on the trail at all his stop prior to HC at the U and just did bad his first season. Of course I would give him a break.

Advertisement
Actually you can.

You can say chips or bust, while also realizing that the teams that recruit at a high level are coming closer to winning a chip than teams that sign a ton of 3 stars.

I still claim chips or bust, but I would rather us be a loaded with 5 star team losing in the playoffs every year then a team with a bunch of 3 stars fighting tooth and nail to win the coastal each year.

Your analogy is terrible. Anyone with the correct number of chromosomes can see what is happening. The guy recruited poorly his entire career. Now he is the HC and is still recruiting poorly. If the guy was killing it on the trail at all his stop prior to HC at the U and just did bad his first season. Of course I would give him a break.
No, you can’t...

Never mind. I just had this conversation with myself - wherein I said “self - should I continue going in circles with this sad lonely little 15 year old, or let him think he’s ‘won’”?

That said... Congratulations - You are right. 247 is infallible. Manny will never win anything. Let’s fold the program.

Now go make a friend.

No, you can’t...

Never mind. I just had this conversation with myself - wherein I said “self - should I continue going in circles with this sad lonely little 15 year old, or let him think he’s ‘won’”?

That said... Congratulations - You are right. 247 is infallible. Manny will never win anything. Let’s fold the program.

Now go make a friend.

Ya, the guy who wont settle for mediocre is the "sad 15 year old". Let me give you a tip, stop settling for mediocre and just maybe you will be able to leave that menial desk job and get a job that is actually worth having.

Ya, the guy who wont settle for mediocre is the "sad 15 year old". Let me give you a tip, stop settling for mediocre and just maybe you will be able to leave that menial desk job and get a job that is actually worth having.
LOL. I literally chuckled. "Won't settle for mediocre." As if who coaches Miami or what the coach at Miami does is, in any way, beholden to your will power. At least you're an entertaining 15 year old clown.

You know what most 15 year olds do on the internet? Talk about how rich they are, how smart that are, how important they are, how tough they are and how many dimes they bang. I think I've got you pegged. But this is the last one, buckwheat. I promise.

PS - Jokes on you. I don't have a menial desk job. I'm unemployed.

LOL. I literally chuckled. "Won't settle for mediocre." As if who coaches Miami or what the coach at Miami does is, in any way, beholden to your will power. At least you're an entertaining 15 year old clown.

You know what most 15 year olds do on the internet? Talk about how rich they are, how smart that are, how important they are, how tough they are and how many dimes they bang. I think I've got you pegged. But this is the last one, buckwheat. I promise.

PS - Jokes on you. I don't have a menial desk job. I'm unemployed.

Not once have I ever posted about dimes, how tough I am, how smart/important I am, or how rich I am. Multiple people on this website personally know me and know exactly what I do for a living.

You on the other hand like to glorify a mediocre recruiter. That tells me everything I need to know about you. Only losers approve of mediocrity.

Advertisement
Not once have I ever posted about dimes, how tough I am, how smart/important I am, or how rich I am. Multiple people on this website personally know me and know exactly what I do for a living.

You on the other hand like to glorify a mediocre recruiter. That tells me everything I need to know about you. Only losers approve of mediocrity.

throne-of-lies.gif

I know I said the last one was the last one - but, who do you think said this...

"I know a guy that made over 140 million last year in PE. If you go talk to the smartest HS seniors in the nation and told them. If you take this path you may win a Nobel prize, live in a 4,000 sqft house, and marry a 7. Or you take path 2 and may may 9 figures in 1 year, have multiple 20,000 sqft houses, own fleets of cars, bang dimes on the regular. Which path will you choose. The vast majority are going to pick the 2nd path."

There's more, just from your limited interaction with me. I can only imagine the dreck present in the 9,800 other posts.

But, again (and this time I really super-duper promise), I humbly cede the final word to you - make it count.

throne-of-lies.gif

I know I said the last one was the last one - but, who do you think said this...

"I know a guy that made over 140 million last year in PE. If you go talk to the smartest HS seniors in the nation and told them. If you take this path you may win a Nobel prize, live in a 4,000 sqft house, and marry a 7. Or you take path 2 and may may 9 figures in 1 year, have multiple 20,000 sqft houses, own fleets of cars, bang dimes on the regular. Which path will you choose. The vast majority are going to pick the 2nd path."

There's more, just from your limited interaction with me. I can only imagine the dreck present in the 9,800 other posts.

But, again (and this time I really super-duper promise), I humbly cede the final word to you - make it count.

Maybe you should learn to read before you call someone out. Nowhere in that statement do I say "I" bang dimes, "I" am rich, etc. Sounds like you are just a hater and take someone speaking facts as bragging.

Maybe you should learn to read before you call someone out. Nowhere in that statement do I say "I" bang dimes, "I" am rich, etc. Sounds like you are just a hater and take someone speaking facts as bragging.

The main problem with you is just because you are someone who determines SELF-WORTH from how much $$ you earn, you believe everyone else also thinks likes that. This is why you glorify Wall St, Harvard, etc. But did it ever occur to you that in this life there are actually people who choose to pursue their passion or natural inclination even if it means they have to forego a lucrative salary? That doesn't mean these people are "settling for mediocrity" as you stated. It's just that some people are not as shallow & superficial as you are because they have realized from experience that trying to derive happiness from materialism is an exercise in futility.

Last edited:
throne-of-lies.gif

No he doesn't sit on a thrown of lies and he's clearly on the # 2 path. Just saying!

Advertisement
The main problem with you is just because you are someone who determines your SELF-WORTH from how much $$ you earn, you believe everyone else also thinks that. This is why you glorify wall st, Harvard, etc. Did it ever occur to you that in this life there are actually people who choose to pursue their passions or natural inclination even if if it means they have to forego a lucrative salary? That doesn't mean people are "settling for mediocrity" as you said. Some people are just not as shallow & superficial as you are because they have realized from experience that trying to derive happiness from materialism is an exercise in futility.

Not at all. However, when you are saying ehhhh its ok if we don't land these must get elite kids from South Florida because we can always just grab some kids out of FAUs class. That is settling for mediocre.

No he doesn't sit on a thrown of lies and he's clearly on the # 2 path. Just saying!
LOL. Here it is. Proof, straight from the horses mouth. OK - he may not be a 15 year old, just has the emotional capacity of a 15 year old. Useful distinction.

Not at all. However, when you are saying ehhhh its ok if we don't land these must get elite kids from South Florida because we can always just grab some kids out of FAUs class. That is settling for mediocre.

You honestly think we're grabbing kids from FAU's, Duke's, or UNC's, class?? :LOL: I don't think it's wise to be critical of Manny's recruiting at this juncture in his tenure, because for the past 15+ yrs this program has been an abject failure. There's a strict process that has to be adhered to in order to change the perception amongst recruits, and that is something that doesn't occur overnight or immediately. You said that we're not recruiting up to par, but can you name another program with MIA's tradition which has been a dumpster for 15+ yrs that immediately began to recruit at a greater than 50% BCR the 1st yr of a 1st time HC's tenure? If you're making the claim that MIA is currently recruiting too many 3* star recruits, then you atleast have to be willing to name which recruits you think are questionable and provide alternatives. Furthermore..if you acknowledge that the recruiting rankings are inherently biased, then you also have to concede the reality that many of the 3* star recruits MIA currently has committed will inevitably rise in the rankings once they play their SR season, and MIA wins 10+ games. When it's all said & done, I strongly believe that MIA will have around 13-15 4* star recruits in this upcoming class, which will be right around a 50% BCR

Last edited:
Advertisement
You honestly think we're grabbing kids from FAU's, Duke's, or UNC's, class?? :LOL: I don't think it's wise to be critical of Manny's recruiting at this juncture in his tenure, because this program has been an abject failure, for the past 15+ yrs. There's a strict process that has to be adhered to in order to change the perception amongst recruits, and that is something that doesn't occur overnight or immediately. You said that we're not recruiting up to par, but can you name another program with MIA's tradition which has been a dumpster for 15+ yrs that immediately began to recruit at a greater than 50% BCR the 1st yr of a 1st time HC's tenure? If you're making the claim that MIA is currently recruiting too many 3* star recruits, then you atleast have to be willing to name which recruits you think are questionable and provide alternatives. Furthermore..if you acknowledge that the recruiting rankings are inherently biased, then you also have to concede the reality that many of the 3* star recruits MIA currently has committed will inevitably rise in the rankings once they play their SR season, and MIA wins 10+ games. When it's all said & done, I strongly believe that MIA will have around 13-15 4* star recruits in this upcoming class, which will be right around a 50% BCR

It was hyperbole. Of course we aren't grabbing kids out of FAUs class. I never said we should be landing tons of 5 stars and recruiting as if it is 2001.

Adding in all those variables makes it almost impossible to name another coach that fits those variables. It is very rare for a team like Miami to hire a first time HC.

However, Mullet recruited at a high level in his first class and that was after missing a bowl game and having missed another one just a few years prior. Willie did it after a schit season before all while having a losing record. Oregon is doing it with FIUs fired HC. Jimbo did it at TAMU.

He was light years ahead of his time at 15. There is a lot of passion on this board we just want to win.

Appreciate it brother. That is all I want. To win. I want us to get back to competing for NCs. I hope Manny is the guy, but you know me, I am not one to sugarcoat. I would love to be proven wrong and see Manny win an NC with a bunch of 3 stars. I just don't expect it to happen until he starts recruiting at a higher level.

He was light years ahead of his time at 15. There is a lot of passion on this board we just want to win.
Of course. Most people here just want us to win.

I just think the kid is full of ****, has no knowledge of the game, and just likes to spout his moar starz brand of elitism - and that gets tired when it’s on every single recruiting thread. So once a month I like to call him out and laugh as he flails his arms.

Advertisement
Of course. Most people here just want us to win.

I just think the kid is full of ****, has no knowledge of the game, and just likes to spout his moar starz brand of elitism - and that gets tired when it’s on every single recruiting thread. So once a month I like to call him out and laugh as he flails his arms.

As much as I'd like to think you can win ships with 3 star players I'm being realistic you won't and OGH is right. Clemson and Alabama are on top because of their recruiting. Both teams are filled with 4 and 5 star players, the top players at their position, it does matter. That's why we get ****ed when we lose one. If we start winning the games we should I believe we will start to keep the great players home. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
There are always going to be these dudes who mastered their dynasty on EA NCAA and thinks that's how real life recruiting works. They're not worth arguing with.

There are always going to be these dudes who mastered their dynasty on EA NCAA and thinks that's how real life recruiting works. They're not worth arguing with.

Most of us on this board know why Alabama and Clemson have been on top. Easy to see just look at their rosters. An idiot could figure it out.

Advertisement
Back