Are we really going full-on air raid?

I noticed the run/pass switch between 21 and 22 also. Makes me comfortable assuming Dawson truly does mold year to year around personnel.
He lost his horse and didn’t have another one to replace him so he gave more responsibility to Tune , passing and running. He spread the carries out and did it by committee.

Advertisement
That’s not how Dawson does business. He had more runs than passes per game in 21 and only 7 more passes a game in 22. Todays air raid uses more run out of the spread than how it originated. L Riley is the same, the run is a big part of his o.

Dawson is pretty **** balanced.

And his Southern Miss offense (in at least 2 of those years, I checked last week when he first started being mentioned, so I may be off just slightly, can't remember) actually were even more run heavy than that, but all were balanced.

So that gives me hope...Bc despite many fans clamoring...100% finesse, extremely pass heavy...has NEVER EVER EVER EVER won a **** thing in CFB.

Modern is good...Advanced route concepts...The ability to use tempo (whether full time or when needed)...QB friendly...YES PLEASE. But you still have to be able to knock some teeth in when the time comes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
we don't have a talented OL or mulitple TE
We have arguably the top rated oline class and 3 talented tight ends in Skinner, Arroyo, and Williams that can fit the bill. It’s potential right now but we have the pieces.

As long as we run more than just inside zone after every big first down play, im good

So many spread coaches do this...And I'll never understand it. It's like a wasted down imo. Drives me crazy.

We have arguably the top rated oline class and 3 talented tight ends in Skinner, Arroyo, and Williams that can fit the bill. It’s potential right now but we have the pieces.
Don't mind that fool our revamped o-line has serious talent all 5 starters are likely to be drafted and some high round potential. Plus TE room is absolutely loaded with 3 freak shows

Advertisement
Ha. I really want to watch all of his games, but I don't have that kind of free time until after Spring ball. By that time, we'll have an idea of what we have anyway. Each time we've introduced a new OC, the Spring game was a tremendous glimpse of the subsequent season.

Anyone remember Enos' first spring? That was scary to watch. One of Lashlee's Spring games, our pass game looked better in the Spring with two young QBs than, for example, it did last season with a player coming off a Rookie of the Year season.

This Spring, the first time I see a WR running in space, I may attempt a standing backflip.
I remember go to spring game sitting next to Fred smith ceo of fed ex watching his son Cannon during Patrick Nix initial season and Smith turns to me and says” do you think this guy Nix knows what he is doing, because my son and other qb’s think he is a total idiot and have no idea what the **** he is talking about?”😂

I don’t pay much attention to spring ball because our D typically provides a false impression they are kick ***, until once season starts you realize they looked so good because our offense was total crap.

Hopefully Dawson can convert a 3rd and 1
Well, he'll be facing a DC, who had a **** good 3rd down D at his last stop, every day of the week. If that doesn't make the team better at converting 3rd and 1, nothing will.

61iIQWB1GxL.jpg

Advertisement

right they are just babies right now. skinner is like still WR weight.. he aint doing much blocking... and OL one of the hardest to make an impact as a true FR guys have big strength and speed advantages over them.

right they are just babies right now. skinner is like still WR weight.. he aint doing much blocking... and OL one of the hardest to make an impact as a true FR guys have big strength and speed advantages over them.

Also throw in there that Arroyo coming off a serious injury.

Advertisement
One thing I think is forgotten about Lashlee's offense is he actually did try to run the ball with a variety of schemes. We just had 5 dead bodies playing OL so he made a decision to run inside zone and throw it around the yard.

Not to mention his RB room took a big hit when Chaney went down

I'm thinking we actually end up looking like a clone of the Houston Oilers "run-and-shoot" offense. By week 9 Lance Guidry throws a sideline punch at Shannon Dawson's dome. TVD even kinda reminds me of Cody Carlson. We ARE back!

Advertisement
Back