Are we over the Garcia hype yet?

Advertisement
Just curious, where are all the posters who were calling for him, for a couple years now?

You know, those who always love the backup QB and "nail" that 14 seed in the NCAA tourney because they know more than anyone else?
Like Clcane?

Advertisement
Kid led us to victory and didn't give the game away. That is progress. No boneheaded throws.
He wasn't given the chance because I don't think they trust him. I like him. I hoped he would sign with Miami. But the difference between him and TVD is football fields..... I can't believe the QB room is in the state it is right now...

He wasn't given the chance because I don't think they trust him. I like him. I hoped he would sign with Miami. But the difference between him and TVD is football fields..... I can't believe the QB room is in the state it is right now...
Why do you say that? Gattis may be the biggest problem with the qb room. TVD's good, and seems past the sophomore jinx. DEVELOP Garcia and Brown. PERIOD. They were both pretty highly sought after. Coaches need to DO THEIR JOB. And Rashada on the way.

Advertisement
Hard to defend Jake's performance. That said, IMO, it find it unfair to judge offensive players who've had to practice and play under this scheme since the summer. The offensive coaching is subpar. The congestion of the offense and the routes run . . . I don't see that in CFB.
Agreed, it’s definitely different.

Advertisement
How can you judge a QB in a Gattis/Mario offense?

Just like judging guys in the D’O/Golden D.
Throwing into coverage is on the qb
No qb is coached to throw into double coverage
Jake needs to be coached to throw the ball away

I would like to see him year 4 or 5. I don’t think it’s there at the moment and won’t be anytime soon. He’s not going to wait that long so I’d imagine he’s gone by summer of next year

TVD locks into his 1st target a lot too,maybe it's the guys teaching them.
Maybe it’s cuz they both jags
Their just avg qbs
No better than Leary the qb from wake or Louisville
They are both avg players
With a below avg offense scheme
That’s why we suck so much
Most qbs can’t scan the field like we want them to
If they could elite qbs would be a dime a dozen only the really good ones can and only a few of those are in fb every year
Got to hope rashada is a better qb than these two and we get a better scheme for him

Advertisement
You’re all the same people that thought TVD was a jag after one game last year. I have no idea if Jake Garcia’s gonna be good or not - but I definitely know that I have no ******* idea after one start in this godforsaken Offense with the worst offensive line in memory and anyone who thinks that they know is delusional
I said the same thing about TVD last year - don't **** on the kid if he doesn't light the world on fire in his first game.

Garcia didn't look good today, but he deserves the same opportunity to develop before we label him anything, I just question if he even stands a chance running this trash offense.

Advertisement
Back